Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>Pre Embargo Cuban?
M1903A1 08:05 PM 08-03-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
FWIW, the three on the left are Pre Embargo Cubans. On the right is a "Clear Havanas", rolled in a bonded US factory with Cuban tobacco(1950's)

Image Image
I still have a handful of the Robert Burns Clear Havanas, for extremely special occasions.

I love how the pre-embargo Cuban cigar makers would go so far as to include the name of the vitola on the band! It shows how much they cared for their product and reputation.
[Reply]
ujponds 05:05 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by nayslayer:
ujponds, was the the smokes for less in poughkeepsie?
Haha, Smokes for less in New Windsor actually, but I saw them in poughkeepsie too.:-)
[Reply]
jonumberone 05:11 PM 08-04-2010
I just finished this bad boy. It wasn't that good.
I found it sweet and musky. Very thin smoke, and burned like notebook paper.
About 6X54 and took less then an hour.
For $6.50 you could do 100 times better. :-)
[Reply]
markem 05:11 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by M1903A1:
I still have a handful of the Robert Burns Clear Havanas, for extremely special occasions.
I still have half of cab even after trying to sell them all off at the beginning of the year. Kinda done with my clear havana phase.
[Reply]
ujponds 06:40 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
I just finished this bad boy. It wasn't that good.
I found it sweet and musky. Very thin smoke, and burned like notebook paper.
About 6X54 and took less then an hour.
For $6.50 you could do 100 times better. :-)
Pretty good review. almost the same review as my "meh". Thanks for taking one for the team!
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 06:44 PM 08-04-2010
Here is the official bs description:

Vuelta Abajo Pre-Embargo Cubans are hand rolled from rare 100% Cuban leaf tobacco (Vintage crop of 1959) and blended with 8 year old aged and doubly fermented Dominican tobaccos. These Pre-Embargo Cuban cigars are simply the finest smoke you will ever experience. Rich, smooth and tangy, the distinctive taste and tantalizing aroma produce a hand crafted masterpiece which only the genuine influence of real Cuban tobacco can deliver. Comes in an Authentic Coffin Size Box of 100 Cigars - (4 Bundles of 25 cigars) Mild to Medium Bodied.

Qty: Box of 100 (4 Bundles of 25)

Filler: Cuban (Vintage Crop of 1959), Dominican Republic
Binder: Piloto Cubano
Wrapper: Brazilian Bahia
[Reply]
icehog3 06:54 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:

Vuelta Abajo Pre-Embargo Cubans are hand rolled from rare 100% Cuban leaf tobacco (Vintage crop of 1959) and blended with 8 year old aged and doubly fermented Dominican tobaccos. These Pre-Embargo Cuban cigars are simply the finest smoke you will ever experience. Rich, smooth and tangy, the distinctive taste and tantalizing aroma produce a hand crafted masterpiece which only the genuine influence of real Cuban tobacco can deliver. Comes in an Authentic Coffin Size Box of 100 Cigars - (4 Bundles of 25 cigars) Mild to Medium Bodied.

:-) :-)
[Reply]
M1903A1 06:59 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
ujponds 07:54 PM 08-04-2010
Here is my official description:

Crap.

That is all.
[Reply]
JohnE1000 12:20 PM 08-05-2010