Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>I have a problem... I think I need help.
dwoodward 02:09 AM 07-30-2010
I just filled a shopping cart of 200+ dollars with Cigars International... I want to push the button to order, but I just cant. I can't afford these cigars (seriously), plus I still have 90% of my last order still sitting in my humidor.

I tell you what it is, its all you damn people posting your reviews with your delicious looking cigar pоrnography that's getting me all excited.

How can I stop this madness? I think I am going crazy... :-)
[Reply]
Patrick B 02:17 AM 07-30-2010
Click off that page now! DO IT! lol.

Wait for the daily sales on CI and cigar.com and don't forget to check cigarmonster! That's where a lot of people get all the great $5-10 cigars for $3.50-5.00. Just gotta check the sites and see what's out there. Grabbed a box of Oliva V double robusto for $99 2 days ago...
[Reply]
Ogre 04:42 AM 07-30-2010
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
Now you know why tgis place is called the ASYLUM!!!!
[Reply]
bsmokin 05:02 AM 07-30-2010
I just filled a shopping cart of 200+ dollars with Cigars International... I want to push the button to order, but I just cant. I can't afford these cigars (seriously), plus I still have 90% of my last order still sitting in my humidor.

I tell you what it is, its all you damn people posting your reviews with your delicious looking cigar pоrnography that's getting me all excited.

Yes you DO have a probelm... and yes you ARE going crazy! That's a good thing. That's what I'm talkin about! :-)
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=34602
[Reply]
waffle 05:35 AM 07-30-2010
Get the cigars on the cheap off deal spots, don't forget to keep an eye on the devil site, I grabbed a box of cain nub maduros for less than a hundred bones off there... lots of people have been able to get really cheap stuff... but its addicting!
[Reply]
tsolomon 05:58 AM 07-30-2010
Sit back and don't press that button. If your still working through what you like to smoke, slow down and enjoy what you have. Get on the NST and start smoking a wider selection of cigars before buying too many more that you might not like. CBid is evil, but there are some good deals out there on fivers. Your tastes will change as you smoke more cigars, so buying fivers usually make more sense then boxes. :-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 06:58 AM 07-30-2010
Do it. Just do it; click the button and feel the endorphins flood your brain. It feels good, really good! Trust me, I'm here to help. Just think of that lovely package arriving in the mail, all those beautiful sticks lined-up real pretty, all in a row in their boxes or bundles; oh yeah, baby. Sweet!
[Reply]
Coach Deg 07:03 AM 07-30-2010
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
Do it. Just do it; click the button and feel the endorphins flood your brain. It feels good, really good! Trust me, I'm here to help. Just think of that lovely package arriving in the mail, all those beautiful sticks lined-up real pretty, all in a row in their boxes or bundles; oh yeah, baby. Sweet!
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
wayner123 07:07 AM 07-30-2010

Maybe it's just me, but I can't get over the statement in bold. To me debt is what is ruining this country and has ruined many lives and families. No cigar is worth going in debt over. If you can't afford it, then don't spend it. Maybe you will be at a point in life when this is not an issue. And maybe that day is only a few paychecks away. So just wait. Nothing against you personally, and I hope you take this as genuine concern.
[Reply]
CheapHumidors 07:24 AM 07-30-2010
Originally Posted by Ogre3239:
Now you know why tgis place is called the ASYLUM!!!!
DAMN! Beat me to it lol. :-)
[Reply]
Brutus2600 09:02 AM 07-30-2010
...posting your reviews with your delicious looking cigar pоrnography that's getting me all excited...
The folder on my computer where I store my cigar pictures is literally called "Cigar pr 0n" so this statement made me laugh. Sometimes a picture of an amazing cigar gets me just as hot and bothered as a beautiful woman, now that's insanity :-) Wanting to buy tasty cigars is just normal!

Anyway, to actually adress your comment about that, I went a little crazy within the first month and a half that I joined this board, spent more than I should've and realized I needed to slow down significantly. Set yourself a budget each month, find out what sticks you enjoy, keep an eye out for a bargain on a box of those sticks and just buy them when you can. It's been an interesting four months for me being on this board and I think I've finally been able to get myself in check, haha.
[Reply]
hotreds 09:10 AM 07-30-2010
Originally Posted by wayner123:
Maybe it's just me, but I can't get over the statement in bold. To me debt is what is ruining this country and has ruined many lives and families. No cigar is worth going in debt over. If you can't afford it, then don't spend it. Maybe you will be at a point in life when this is not an issue. And maybe that day is only a few paychecks away. So just wait. Nothing against you personally, and I hope you take this as genuine concern.
I'd have to agree here! You state that you seriously can't afford them. Well, then don't buy them! I obviously don't know your situation, but cigars are not worth getting into a world of hurt over! So if buying these would put you over the cliff, don't do it!
[Reply]
pektel 09:10 AM 07-30-2010
+1. I realized a couple years ago that credit cards are bad. Especially for "hobbies". I must've put 2K on one of my cards within a few months on detailing stuff. Now it all sits in my laundry room, and I had to pay interest on it.

Now anything I buy that's "hobby" related, it's cash only.

Plus, you won't really be able to enjoy those cigars. Every time you light one up, you get to ponder for an hour on how you screwed yourself by buying them. I love the reflection time while I'm smoking. I wouldn't want that to be tainted by regretting the purchase of the very cigar that I'm smoking.
[Reply]
ucla695 09:27 AM 07-30-2010
:-) What's the rush? To me, this thing of ours is more about the journey than it is about the destination. Just sit back, enjoy what you've purchased and go from there. It's easier to buy them as you can afford them instead of trying to dig yourself out of debt. Afterall, it's just a hobby. :-)
[Reply]
HK3- 09:33 AM 07-30-2010
It's the nicotine going to your head. Chew some gum and close the page.

J/K, :-) BUY BUY BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 10:29 AM 07-30-2010
My longtime rule for buying cigars is that if I have to pull out my credit card to buy them, they don't get bought. Debit card from the checking account is the only way to go. Never finance consumables.

MCS
[Reply]
Commander Quan 10:52 AM 07-30-2010
Two excellent posts for your consideration.

Fiscal Responsibility
Fiscal Responsibility - Part II (Buying Plan)
[Reply]
bsmokin 11:15 AM 07-30-2010
Originally Posted by Commander Quan:
Two excellent posts for your consideration.

Fiscal Responsibility
Fiscal Responsibility - Part II (Buying Plan)
WOW! This is great stuff!

Wish I had read this a few hours earlier before I hit the 'Purchase' button (twice) ... :-)
[Reply]
Brutus2600 11:24 AM 07-30-2010
Those are some really great posts for sure, the second one particularly interests me because it makes a lot of sense and is a great plan! :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:33 AM 07-30-2010
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
My longtime rule for buying cigars is that if I have to pull out my credit card to buy them, they don't get bought. Debit card from the checking account is the only way to go. Never finance consumables.

MCS
:-)

MCS, You have been making very serious points lately!!! Are you OK???:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up