Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Cali b&ms
cigarmonkel 06:18 PM 07-29-2010
On vacation in Cali and I'm wondering where some good b&ms are? I'm gonna be in Oakland, LA, sonata county possibly nappa area, San Fran, bay area and I'm sure a couple other places. Mostly visiting family. I would like to find sometime to smoke a stick and maybe send some back home to my housemate.

Jacking my own thread.... I love these ipads!
[Reply]
bobarian 06:40 PM 07-29-2010
California taxes are still quite high on cigars, 34%. Casa Belicoso in Walnut Creek is nice, West Coast Cigars in San Jose, Knickerbockers in Menlo Park. Grants in SF is nice but expensive. :-)
[Reply]
GWN 07:50 PM 07-29-2010
Found Hellam's Tobacco Shop in Monterey decent if you're passing through, though taxes are tough, almost as bad as here in Canada.
If you do hit Monterey, eat at Rosine's. Awesome food.
Never did find a good B&M in San Fran, though did enjoy an evening at a cool cigar bar near Chinatown.
[Reply]
sikk50 01:04 AM 07-30-2010
Smokers Castle if you end up in Ventura
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:14 AM 07-30-2010
Send me a PM!!! I would enjoy getting together with you Ryan!!!:-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 02:41 AM 07-30-2010
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Send me a PM!!! I would enjoy getting together with you Ryan!!!:-)
:-)
[Reply]
cigarmonkel 10:58 AM 08-01-2010
Pm's sent. Hopefully we can worm something out! :-)

Edit work..
[Reply]
mariogolbee 11:07 AM 08-01-2010
Originally Posted by cigarmonkel:
Pm's sent. Hopefully we can worm something out! :-)

Edit work..
PM received. I wonder if any of the other BABOTL are going to be free to have a smoke or three?
[Reply]
Ahbroody 11:26 AM 08-01-2010
Ryan if you stop in San Jose on an evening I can likely be there. Sure Mario will show up.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 11:30 AM 08-01-2010
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Ryan if you stop in San Jose on an evening I can likely be there. Sure Mario will show up.
:-)
[Reply]
jovenhut 11:40 AM 08-01-2010
Hi-times in Newport Beach is a great store with lots of HTF sticks at decent prices for Cali standards :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 11:42 AM 08-01-2010
I might be able to make it out for a stick or two. Let me know what the plan is if you make it here.
[Reply]
T.G 11:45 AM 08-01-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
California taxes are still quite high on cigars, 34%. Casa Belicoso in Walnut Creek is nice, West Coast Cigars in San Jose, Knickerbockers in Menlo Park. Grants in SF is nice but expensive. :-)
Also in the SF area is Humboldt Tobacco. Very relaxing place to stop into, not like some shops & lounges where there's just this air of uptightness. They have tons of space, they have 4 or 5 lounge areas in there, they serve beer and wine ($3.75/bottle of Anchor Steam, figure the rest are about the same), staff is very easygoing and laid back, prices are MSRP or less, selection is a bit limited and unfortunately, their hours aren't the greatest.

There's also Stoies Stogies in SF at Fisherman's Wharf. Nice place.
[Reply]
cigarmonkel 09:00 PM 08-01-2010
Currently shootin pm's back and forth with Mario trying to figure something out. Sadly we are renting a car and I can 22 and you must be 25 to drive it... So back to high school days for me "hi mom, can you drop me off and pick me up from the tobacccy store?". Hopefully we can figure something out I'd love to meet you guys and have one or three or four? Smoke with you all.

I'll be back tomorrow and we are staying in Pleasanton for two nights then I wanna say my mom said a night in Sunnyvale after that. Then down to LA.

P.s. Go giants!! Way to sweep LA!

Edit: completely forgot about the Bart! I could hop on the Bart also from Pleasanton down to San Jose or wherever all you crazy babotls are at. I believe the Bart runs from pleasanton to San Jose.
[Reply]
bobarian 09:03 PM 08-01-2010
Knickerbocker's in Menlo Park is about 10 minutes from Sunnyvale. Maybe Mario can pick you up! LMK I can probably make it down for a few smokes. :-)
[Reply]
cigarmonkel 09:05 PM 08-01-2010
How would these places feel about me possibly bringing some drink for us?
[Reply]
mariogolbee 09:29 PM 08-01-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Knickerbocker's in Menlo Park is about 10 minutes from Sunnyvale. Maybe Mario can pick you up! LMK I can probably make it down for a few smokes. :-)
:-) My car makes it to Knickerbockers with little difficulty. I can do this.
Originally Posted by cigarmonkel:
How would these places feel about me possibly bringing some drink for us?
I know knickerbockers used to be great about patrons bringing their own drinks and one could even order from the bar next door and have it brought over. I think the city had come down on them fairly hard for it though recently.

Mean D would know better but I think West Coast is okay with patrons bringing in drinks still though.
[Reply]
Ahbroody 09:47 PM 08-01-2010
If you are in sunnyvale on Tuesday or Wednesday I should be able to do this. Unlike Mario I dont have a POS car so maybe I should drive. In fairness to Mario before the Hellwagon died I had a Bigger POS then Mario for a commute car. When it died we bought something nice to commute in.

Just need to get permission from the warden/wife to do knicks.
What time are they open to because I am usually tied up till 730pm. If its wednesday Mikey is at WestCoast and will stay open till 11pm or a little later.

Darrel who works tues and wed nights at nicks?
[Reply]
cigarmonkel 09:55 PM 08-01-2010
Ill be there we'd night in sunnyvale
[Reply]
cigarmonkel 10:00 PM 08-01-2010
Wed night might be tricky for me also. Im going golfing at 11 with my uncle then possibly getting together for dinner with the rest of the family. So I might not be free until 8ish? Although if we get something Rollin with a good plan I could leave right after we eat.

Monday and Tuesday night I'll be in pleasanton. So if anything is going on then I'm also game for that in addition to wed night herf/get together. Also what do people like to drink in these parts? If we are allowed to bring something in that is.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 23 > Last »
Up