Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>Where do you enjoy your cigars?
ujponds 09:14 AM 07-19-2010
I usually smoke 1 cigar a day, so I try to make an event out of it. I have a small house set back in the woods which I share with my wife and my 8 mo. old boy.

On one side of my house I made an 8' x 20' patio and set up a little bistro set on an outdoor rug. I bordered the patio with a perennial garden complete with solor led lights. My wife calls it my cigarden:-)

Usually after the little monster goes down (around 9:00-9:30) I head out to the "cigarden", pour a nice cocktail, put on a little Van Morrison, Neil Young or something along those lines and enjoy the nights cigar!

How do you do it?
[Reply]
Eleven 09:19 AM 07-19-2010
For me it depends on the time of the day. I usually smoke in the early evening, so the sun is shining on the front of our house.

If I want to be on the laptop while smoking, I go on the back patio. The house shields the direct sunlight in the evening. If I am just going to read or just sit and enjoy the smoke alone, I go out front on the bench glider. Its a better view, people and kids are usually running around the neighbor hood and its quieter actually (silly air conditioning compressor is next to the patio out back)

If it has been a while, or its cold or raining, I usually smoke one in the car. 2 days a week I have a 2+ hour round trip so I break out the bobken and try to not get too distracted by the nice cigar while I drive :-)
[Reply]
TheTraveler 09:21 AM 07-19-2010
Sounds like you've got a nice little relaxation spot setup there. Post some pics man, we're a pic-hungry bunch here, lol. :-)

When I'm smoking at home it's likely to be anywhere: office/smoking room, living room, back patio, carport. Out and about I'm usually at one of the two B&Ms on Saturdays.
[Reply]
bvilchez 09:27 AM 07-19-2010
I usually go to the deck off of our bedroom. If not I'm in the garage of the back patio hanging with the dog. Closes I'll smoke indoors is in the garage and even then that's pushing with my son around and my wife being pregnant.
[Reply]
ujponds 09:35 AM 07-19-2010
Originally Posted by TheTraveler:
Sounds like you've got a nice little relaxation spot setup there. Post some pics man, we're a pic-hungry bunch here, lol. :-)

When I'm smoking at home it's likely to be anywhere: office/smoking room, living room, back patio, carport. Out and about I'm usually at one of the two B&Ms on Saturdays.
Not really sure how to post pics.
[Reply]
bvilchez 09:38 AM 07-19-2010
Originally Posted by ujponds:
Not really sure how to post pics.
Create a photobucket or flickr account. Upload your photos onto that account. Click on the picture in your photobucket account, there will be an IMG code...copy this, paste it in your post, and it should show up.
[Reply]
3SmokesaRound 09:40 AM 07-19-2010
With two little girls, about the only time I have to smoke is on the course. Thankfully, I get to play a couple times a week during the summer, so I usually get to smoke about 6 per week.
[Reply]
ujponds 09:45 AM 07-19-2010
Originally Posted by bvilchez:
Create a photobucket or flickr account. Upload your photos onto that account. Click on the picture in your photobucket account, there will be an IMG code...copy this, paste it in your post, and it should show up.
Thanks, I'll try it soon.
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 10:32 AM 07-19-2010
Sounds great!!

My spot is out on our deck. The back of our house gets all the sun, so I sit out there late evening when it's not beating down on me, but just enough to keep things light. We have a furniture set out there that I just kick back with a good cigar, a good drink, and good company. :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 10:37 AM 07-19-2010
anywhere I can!
[Reply]
icehog3 10:43 AM 07-19-2010
[Reply]
md4958 10:50 AM 07-19-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
+1!
[Reply]
md4958 10:52 AM 07-19-2010
however, when I cant be at Shack, I have to settle for this:
[Reply]
jonumberone 10:53 AM 07-19-2010
I smoke most of the time at work. I have my own little 3' x 6' booth i sit in. when I'm done, and I open the windows, it looks like a scene from a Snoop Dogg video.
At home I bolted a 52 inch flat screen right to the side of my house. I'll sit on the patio, drink some beer, and watch the ballgame. Been way too hot lately though.
[Reply]
elderboy02 11:16 AM 07-19-2010
Usually on my covered front porch or on the back deck. Lately, I have been enjoying a small cigar (CAO LX2 Bam, Nosotros Corona) on the ride into work. Man, driving to work lately has been stress free.

I love smoking on e-man67's back deck. He has the ultimate setup. Covered deck, flat screen TV, fan, and comfy seating. Perfect!
[Reply]
Darrell 11:18 AM 07-19-2010
The "yard" when we get our hour of work out time each day.....
[Reply]
awsmith4 11:40 AM 07-19-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
The "yard" when we get our hour of work out time each day.....
Just don't drop your lighter...
[Reply]
ujponds 12:12 PM 07-19-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Winner
[Reply]
waffle 02:52 PM 07-19-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Usually on my covered front porch or on the back deck. Lately, I have been enjoying a small cigar (CAO LX2 Bam, Nosotros Corona) on the ride into work. Man, driving to work lately has been stress free.

I love smoking on e-man67's back deck. He has the ultimate setup. Covered deck, flat screen TV, fan, and comfy seating. Perfect!
When am I gettin the invite to e's house... I'm always down for a drive to the west side :-) :-)
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 03:38 PM 07-19-2010
Wherever I'm smoking one.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up