Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>Famous Nic 3000
jbo57 12:33 PM 11-09-2009
I was pleasantly surprised to see that Famous Nic 3000's are in stock. Can't wait to try another.
[Reply]
poriggity 02:16 PM 11-09-2009
Is there any confirmation that the current nic 3000 are the same blend as the ones from a few years ago?
Scott
[Reply]
wayner123 02:35 PM 11-09-2009
Originally Posted by poriggity:
Is there any confirmation that the current nic 3000 are the same blend as the ones from a few years ago?
Scott
How many years ago are you talking about? Did they still have the green label?
[Reply]
Zanaspus 03:06 PM 11-09-2009
Never had "old" ones. I can confidently say that the current ones are easily the best bundle cigar I've smoked and in my top 5 at any price, period.
[Reply]
cabinets 04:33 PM 11-09-2009
Scott
Scott, not trying to hijack the thread but I wanted to say I really enjoyed reading your site. First visit. Good stuff. Thx.
[Reply]
weak_link 04:51 PM 11-09-2009
Great bundled smoke. Don't listen to Mean Darrell when he shows up and tells you they suck. :-)
[Reply]
timo 04:55 PM 11-09-2009
I bought a bundle of them. King Kong size. Resting for a while
[Reply]
captain53 05:47 PM 11-09-2009
Bought two of those King Kong Bundles myself, they are RIP till warm weather. Bought some a couple of years ago and they were very good bundle smokes after some age, hope these new ones meet the same standard.
[Reply]
roughrider 06:03 PM 11-09-2009
I'm also curious about this new batch. Anybody want to do a trade for a 5-pack from this new batch? PM me. Thanks.
[Reply]
poriggity 09:23 PM 11-09-2009
Originally Posted by cabinets:
Scott, not trying to hijack the thread but I wanted to say I really enjoyed reading your site. First visit. Good stuff. Thx.
Thanks bro! I enjoy doing the reviews, and I am glad some people are reading!
Anyway, on to the nic 3000.. The ones I refer to didn't have ANY band at all.
Scott
[Reply]
Cigahs 06:07 AM 11-10-2009
Scott
[Reply]
tobii3 06:29 AM 11-10-2009
Originally Posted by wayner123:
How many years ago are you talking about? Did they still have the green label?
Some of us remember the plain, bandless bundles....with just a piece of paper saying Famous Smoke Shop....now that I think about it....I might have a bundle or two....gonna have to look.
[Reply]
kenstogie 07:35 AM 11-10-2009
I always hear great things about these and they are frequently out of stock but do they ever run specials on the FN 3000?
[Reply]
Zanaspus 09:35 AM 11-10-2009
Originally Posted by kenstogie:
I always hear great things about these and they are frequently out of stock but do they ever run specials on the FN 3000?
I've seen 5vers on monster, but smoke one, and the normal price will seem like a steal. :-)
[Reply]
Totemic 09:50 AM 11-10-2009
Originally Posted by kenstogie:
Rarely.
But at just a hair over $2/cigar, they're very much worth the price. They can easily hold their own against cigars costing 2 to 3 times as much.

It's probably the only reason why I even bother with Famous Smoke anymore.

On a side note: They do seem to have a higher percentage of burn issues than other cigars I smoke. Out of about 2 bundles, I think the majority of them had some skewing of the burn at some point or another (and them being semi-box pressed makes it harder to correct the burn by just rotating them on the ashtray).
[Reply]
borndead1 10:24 AM 11-10-2009
I smoke A LOT of these, and IMO they have managed to maintain a very good consistency in the line, even between the different sizes.

They do tend to burn funny. Not bad, just kinda crooked. I've never had one tunnel on me though, or even canoe too badly.

I say it in every Nic 3000 thread I post in: Probably my favorite NC, and one of my favorite cigars period. :-)
[Reply]
BlackDog 10:29 AM 11-10-2009
I bought a bundle a month or so ago, resting peacefully until spring. Love 'em.
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:31 AM 11-10-2009
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
I bought a bundle a month or so ago, resting peacefully until spring. Love 'em.
These are damn tasty with some age on them. :-)
[Reply]
wayner123 11:06 AM 11-10-2009
Thanks bro! I enjoy doing the reviews, and I am glad some people are reading!
Anyway, on to the nic 3000.. The ones I refer to didn't have ANY band at all.
Scott
Originally Posted by tobii3:
Some of us remember the plain, bandless bundles....with just a piece of paper saying Famous Smoke Shop....now that I think about it....I might have a bundle or two....gonna have to look.
If you were referring to the ones without any bands, those would be the original release, and I would say yes the blend has changed since then. Slightly, but still a change.

These new ones (with the green bands), are still very good. They are about 90% as good as the originals. And with a little aging (3-6 months) bump up a bit closer.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 05:25 PM 11-11-2009
I have heard that the blend has changed more than once. And when you think about it, how couldn't it have? In any event after smoking the original band-less version and subsequent versions I believe there is a difference. That being said they are a decent stick at a great price BUT IMO they are more a hype stick at this point than anything else. If they really stood up to $6 sticks on a consistent basis someone would put a band or two on them and charge six bucks...

I am not hating on value smokes or bundle smokes at all, please don't take it that way. IMO the market dictates price and people will charge the most people will pay. And IMO the quality will drop on cigars like this to keep them affordable will maximizing profit...
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up