Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 105 of 138
« First < 55595103104105 106107115 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
Gabe215 08:03 PM 06-21-2013
What NCRadioMan said!!!!
[Reply]
organgrinder 10:45 PM 06-22-2013
thanks all im trying to decide on function or form ideally you have both but they rarely coincide
[Reply]
Milvel 10:50 PM 06-22-2013
Originally Posted by Eros:
I have been smoking cigars for a little over a year now. Typically 1 or 2 a month with the frequency increasing in the summer to about 1 a week. I have yet to taste a thing. I have tried retrohaling and still nothing. I must note that I have never, until recently let a cigar rest for more than two weeks after purchasing it online. I am wondering if anyone else has this issue, or is it something that can be learned? I want to enjoy the flavors and not just the art of smoking. I can tell that cigars differ from one another, but I certainly can't pick out any flavors. And I have had some pretty "premium" or well known brands.
Eros,

I've been smoking for little over a year now and just started to make connections to the flavors my friends can list off after just a few puffs.. To me, it seems to be more about your connection to the taste you are experiencing and less about what people say it should taste like.
Just my newbie :-)
[Reply]
Outlaw God 08:55 AM 07-10-2013
Anyone use a herf-a-dor for long term storage?

Is leaving them in the foam and a plastic container detrimental, although the humidity is constant at 65% ?
thanks
Attached: m-cio3700.jpg (51.3 KB) 
[Reply]
14holestogie 09:04 AM 07-10-2013
Originally Posted by Outlaw God:
Anyone use a herf-a-dor for long term storage?

Is leaving them in the foam and a plastic container detrimental, although the humidity is constant at 65% ?
thanks
Yes.
No.
[Reply]
dijit 09:09 AM 07-10-2013
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
As others have said: if aesthetics are not an issue, a cooler is the best way to go.
I would have to agree. I keep a medium sized Humidor on my desk and just purchased a new cooler to keep the extra's in since I have yet to figure out how to justify the cost of a tower to the wife.
[Reply]
Outlaw God 12:40 PM 07-15-2013
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
Yes.
No.
Yes meaning they work for awhile and then not a good thing for what reason?
I've had 40 in mine for 5 weeks and the cigars have greatly improved.
Thanks
[Reply]
MUNKY 06:31 AM 07-19-2013
The one you enjoy smoking the most amigo! As of late "My Father Cigar" Flor de las Antillas has the crown from last year.
[Reply]
Outlaw God 07:01 AM 07-19-2013
Originally Posted by MUNKY:
The one you enjoy smoking the most amigo! As of late "My Father Cigar" Flor de las Antillas has the crown from last year.
Such a disappointing cigar :-)
[Reply]
Outlaw God 05:40 PM 07-20-2013
What make a long resting cigar better?
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 05:55 PM 07-20-2013
Well I believe resting is more of a period of letting the cigar sit, get to your preferred humidity. If it's a freshly rolled cigar or one bought and shipped, the purpose is to let them 'dry' a bit, some shippers are notorious for shipping very humid cigars so they hold up in transit. :-)

I, like you will wait to see what other more informed people say.
[Reply]
Outlaw God 06:13 PM 07-20-2013
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Well I believe resting is more of a period of letting the cigar sit, get to your preferred humidity. If it's a freshly rolled cigar or one bought and shipped, the purpose is to let them 'dry' a bit, some shippers are notorious for shipping very humid cigars so they hold up in transit. :-)

I, like you will wait to see what other more informed people say.
Thanks brother! :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:01 PM 07-20-2013
Some cigars "age" as they rest -- that is the flavor and character of the cigar may change. This can take years to happen.

This is supposed to be more true of CC's than NC's, but this, like most everything else related to cigars is more about personal tastes and personal choice than anything else.
[Reply]
CoffeeWaterBeer 11:36 AM 07-24-2013
B&M etiquette question: I popped into Georgetown Tobacco down in DC over the weekend and picked up 2 sticks. I left not planning on smoking one right away but returned about 10 minutes later and asked if they had a cutter I could use. One of the guys grabbed a cutter and put his hand out for the cigar. I said I could snip it myself and did so. I didnt think anything of it until another worker said they are always happy to cut for me in what I took to be a somewhat snobby tone. Is it bad form to want to cut my own stick? The way the worker voiced himself just struck me as very odd.
[Reply]
CamoFlogged 11:43 AM 07-24-2013
Originally Posted by CoffeeWaterBeer:
B&M etiquette question: I popped into Georgetown Tobacco down in DC over the weekend and picked up 2 sticks. I left not planning on smoking one right away but returned about 10 minutes later and asked if they had a cutter I could use. One of the guys grabbed a cutter and put his hand out for the cigar. I said I could snip it myself and did so. I didnt think anything of it until another worker said they are always happy to cut for me in what I took to be a somewhat snobby tone. Is it bad form to want to cut my own stick? The way the worker voiced himself just struck me as very odd.
One concern is if you cut yourself using their cutter, you may go after them in court. So there is some liability issues. Some B&M's insist on cutting. If one of their employees cuts a finger off, it is handed differently. It could be they just really wanted you to know they are there for you. I wouldn't read too much into it if their other services are good.

But I prefer to cut mine too.
[Reply]
gorob23 11:47 AM 07-24-2013
Originally Posted by pnoon:
:-)
Why clutter up a perfectly legitimate cigar related thread with an attempt at humor?
because when we forget to laugh we are all in trouble....

"Francis Lighten up "

Ok So I won't ask my question .....

Rob :-)
[Reply]
CoffeeWaterBeer 12:21 PM 07-24-2013
The personal injury factor does make sense Jeff, and I think I may be looking too far into it as well. I thought I would ask though. *cheers*
[Reply]
mk05 01:03 PM 07-24-2013
Originally Posted by Outlaw God:
What make a long resting cigar better?
Depends what you're looking for in a cigar. A lot of wine advocates used to drink the mature old wines, but recently have moved on to prefer the robust, full offerings of young wines.

So just keep on smoking and find out what you like...and maybe you'll get to the zen moment where you realize, just appreciate everything for what it is.
[Reply]
Outlaw God 01:04 PM 07-24-2013
Originally Posted by mk05:
Depends what you're looking for in a cigar. A lot of wine advocates used to drink the mature old wines, but recently have moved on to prefer the robust, full offerings of young wines.

So just keep on smoking and find out what you like...and maybe you'll get to the zen moment where you realize, just appreciate everything for what it is.
Thanks brother!
[Reply]
bstarrs 02:03 PM 07-24-2013
Rioja is usually pretty bomb with a nice robust cigar. Just a suggestion for you to try that pairing Outlaw.
[Reply]
Page 105 of 138
« First < 55595103104105 106107115 > Last »
Up