Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>New Baby Boy! Any Cigar Traditions?
OHRD 07:07 PM 08-07-2010
Hey Folks,

My wife successfully delivered our 2nd son on Friday! Everyone is healthy and our son and my wife are both very healthy! We'll be getting home on Monday, and I'm going to be making a special order.

I've heard about guys ordering a box of smokes and then smoking one each year on their child's birthday. Any other good cigar traditions to start with the birth of a child?
[Reply]
GolfNut 07:09 PM 08-07-2010
Hot diggity dog! Congratulations to you All!!!
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:51 PM 08-07-2010
Congratulations to you and your wife Matthew!! :-)
[Reply]
maverickdrinker 09:30 PM 08-07-2010
congratulations. You might want to consider picking up some 2010 LEs. You can smoke one every year on your son's birthday.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:35 PM 08-07-2010
Congratulations!

Here's a great tradition. Take two cigars from the box of the nice ones you are handing out to your cigar smoking friends - or two that you really like - and set them aside in your humidor. Save them till he is 18 and they can be your first smoke with him.

Even better, do that and then get a couple more with his born on date from that ISOM.

Congratulations to you all.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
pektel 09:42 PM 08-07-2010
congratulations man! I too have a recent addition. My second son was born on august 2nd. Hopefully you can get some rest. My boy has his days and nights mixed up. I never sleep for more than two hours at a time.
[Reply]
darkleeroy 10:04 PM 08-07-2010
I would say, drink your good wine and smoke your good cigars now, unless your still in the hospital. Nurses and doctors frown on people smoking and drinking in a hospital :-) Either way, CONGRATULATIONS MAN!

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=32314
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 10:05 PM 08-07-2010
Mazel Tov!!
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:30 PM 08-07-2010
Congrats on the new arrival.
[Reply]
neoflex 11:44 PM 08-07-2010
Congrats on the baby boy! Glad to hear everyone is happy and healthy.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:56 PM 08-07-2010
Congrats Matthew!
[Reply]
Bax 01:18 AM 08-08-2010
Congrats!!!! :-)
[Reply]
Brad 01:22 PM 08-08-2010
If you have a good vendor for CC's, I would email them and ask if they have any AUG 10 boxes in yet, and then take your pick from those. Put them in a humi or cooler, and smoke the first one on his 1st birthday. If you get a 25ct box, you'll have enough for 1 on each birthday, the day he graduates college, and the day he gets married as well.

Most quality vendors will try their best to accomodate you, especially if you explain why you want that particular month and year for the box code.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 02:57 PM 08-08-2010
Originally Posted by matthewjmichael:
Hey Folks,

My wife successfully delivered our 2nd son on Friday! Everyone is healthy and our son and my wife are both very healthy!
congrats!

Buy two boxes of 2010 LE's and smoke one each year. Why two boxes? Because then you can share a cigar with him once he's old enough to smoke with you on his birthday and not run out of the 2010 LE's soon after he joins you smoking his birthday cigar.
[Reply]
Brooks W 09:02 AM 08-09-2010
Congrats, that is great news :-)

I have purchased a box of Opus PLs and plan on buying a box of a cuban cigar to smoke on each birthday (not exactly original idea, I know, but **shrug**) for when my son gets here in Dec...I honestly think that is the way to go (boxes), but I was always stumped at what cigar to get...lol!

~brooks
[Reply]
Yardgnome 10:19 AM 08-09-2010
Congrats
[Reply]
LooseCard 10:35 AM 08-09-2010
Conga Rats to you and your family!

And to piktel's family, as well!
[Reply]
TripleF 10:38 AM 08-09-2010
Congrats bro!!

Traditions? Smoke one, then another, then another.........
[Reply]
OHRD 07:30 AM 08-11-2010
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Congratulations!

Here's a great tradition. Take two cigars from the box of the nice ones you are handing out to your cigar smoking friends - or two that you really like - and set them aside in your humidor. Save them till he is 18 and they can be your first smoke with him.

Even better, do that and then get a couple more with his born on date from that ISOM.

Congratulations to you all.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Awesome suggestions everyone - thanks a ton. I'll be doing what Rev Smoke suggested, and taking three cigars (one for my 2 yr old son as well) and setting them aside for my oldest's 18th - I'll let the youngest fire one at 16 I suppose!

Now, to figure out which smoke to set back.

Thanks again everyone - we are all doing well by the way, and here is a picture:

[Reply]
Up