Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Ever left a "floater"?
dwoodward 01:05 AM 08-05-2010
No, I am not talking about a poo in the john. I am talking about when your wrapper needs a touchup, but your too lazy. Then you eventually keep puffing away and the wrapper forms a little wrapper island on your ash?

I just got one currently while smoking my Alec Bradley MAXX.

(Yes, I totally just coined the term floater if there isn't a term for this... lol)
[Reply]
sikk50 01:07 AM 08-05-2010
Indeed I have sir. But that was long ago, since then I've become anal retentive about touching up my burn.
[Reply]
Chingas 04:34 AM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by sikk50:
Indeed I have sir. But that was long ago, since then I've become anal retentive about touching up my burn.
+1

But maybe not So anal. Just much more aware and attentive.
[Reply]
Ogre 04:55 AM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by sikk50:
+2
[Reply]
neoflex 07:22 AM 08-05-2010
What's this thread all about all I could retain was floater and anal????:-) I've had that happen in the past. I too will sometimes let a burn go a little bit just to see if it will correct itself. More often than not it does but I am pretty anal myself to the point where I will usually have two lighters by my side. A triple flame for the initial light and a sharp single flame for touch-ups.
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:48 AM 08-05-2010
I *hate* it when my cigar burns unevenly so I always touch them up...
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:51 AM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
I *hate* it when my cigar burns unevenly so I always touch them up...
+1 My buddies keep telling me to leave it alone, but dang it, I want a perfect burn!
[Reply]
Eleven 07:52 AM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
+1 My buddies keep telling me to leave it alone, but dang it, I want a perfect burn!
lol @ this.

I have seen your 'touch ups'. They are borderline obsessive-compulsive.
[Reply]
yourchoice 07:54 AM 08-05-2010
Contrary to the burn correctors...I will more often than not let the burn correct itself if it's not affecting the taste. Usually the cigar will straighten itself out. For me it makes the whole experience more relaxing...I don't know why, it just does! :-) Besides, I enjoy watching the "floaters" float away in the wind once the ash surrounds it. (if the wind isn't blowing in my face :-))

Somebody posted a thread about letting the cigar correct itself a long while ago, either here or at CS (bobarian?) and ever since I prefer it. :-)

Edit: Of course, at some point the cigar needs correcting. If it's by taste or by noticing part of the filler not burning. For me, it's feel.
[Reply]
darkleeroy 11:12 AM 08-05-2010
I use a Bic to light my cigars, as a result, touch ups are pretty much a no-go unless we're talking about me being able to set sail with the canoe the improper humidity or my improper puffing has caused. That being said, floaters usually correct themselves if they're puffing related.
[Reply]
the MacDonald 12:05 PM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by :
What's this thread all about all I could retain was floater and anal????
I hate to poo-poo you comments, but that's crappy.
[Reply]
SaltyMcGee 12:07 PM 08-05-2010
"DOODIE!"
[Reply]
Up