Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Relatively new to cigars....looking for recommendations/ideas
dwoodward 01:44 PM 07-28-2010
Being relatively new to cigars myself, here is a list of cigars that I also really enjoyed.

Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story
CAO Black
CAO Mx2
Gurkha Micro-Batch Liga TPB-1
Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Maduro
Perdomo Grand Cru
Perdomo Habano
Perdomo Patriarch

If you really want to try something new, try the ACID line, but keep these in a separate humidor from your regular cigars. ACID's are flavor infused cigars and are "said" to taint the flavor of your regular cigars.
[Reply]
yourchoice 01:59 PM 07-28-2010
There are lots of great smokes to try to see what you like. When I was getting my feet wet, I bought sampler after sampler.

Holt's has a nice Fuente sampler, and a nice Hemingway sampler. Both are listed on this page.

If you want to be introduced to something a little more on the peppery side, you could try a Don Pepin Garcia Sampler. This one by CI seems pretty nice. They have others too. You may be able to get it cheaper on cbid.

Enjoy sampling!
[Reply]
aar0n 06:40 PM 07-28-2010
I am also a newbie but my favorite so far in my venture is:
CAO Brazilia Maduro
Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente Maduro
[Reply]
sevans105 04:01 PM 07-29-2010
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
There are lots of great smokes to try to see what you like. When I was getting my feet wet, I bought sampler after sampler.

Holt's has a nice Fuente sampler, and a nice Hemingway sampler. Both are listed on this page.

If you want to be introduced to something a little more on the peppery side, you could try a Don Pepin Garcia Sampler. This one by CI seems pretty nice. They have others too. You may be able to get it cheaper on cbid.

Enjoy sampling!
Originally Posted by aar0n:
I am also a newbie but my favorite so far in my venture is:
CAO Brazilia Maduro
Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente Maduro
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
Being relatively new to cigars myself, here is a list of cigars that I also really enjoyed.

Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story
CAO Black
CAO Mx2
Gurkha Micro-Batch Liga TPB-1
Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Maduro
Perdomo Grand Cru
Perdomo Habano
Perdomo Patriarch

If you really want to try something new, try the ACID line, but keep these in a separate humidor from your regular cigars. ACID's are flavor infused cigars and are "said" to taint the flavor of your regular cigars.

Wow...thank you so much for the advice. I just ordered a 5 pack of the CAO Black and the Fuente Chateau maduro. I can't wait to try all of these!:-)
[Reply]
dwoodward 06:49 PM 07-29-2010
So where exactly from "Southern Minnesota" are you?
[Reply]
big a 07:09 PM 07-29-2010
Originally Posted by kgoings:
Fuente Hemmingway Short Story
Padron Anniversary Series Maduro
Olivia G
These are all great, throw in a 601 red and taboo twist and your all set :-)
[Reply]
sevans105 12:58 AM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
So where exactly from "Southern Minnesota" are you?
Fairmont...little town right on the iowa border.

I tried a 601 blue label tonight....pretty spicy at first, then it settled down. Not the brownie flavor that was talked about...more like dark chocolate and roasted coffee bean. Very good. Very very good.
[Reply]
dwoodward 01:01 AM 08-05-2010
Ahhh... I was hoping maybe a little closer to me. lol

I am still trying to find an asylum smoking buddy. I am in Sioux Falls.

And currently puffing on an Alec Bradley MAXX... It's decent, but I still like the Alec Bradley Select Cabinet Reserve more. lol
[Reply]
sevans105 01:15 AM 08-05-2010
I get over to SF quite often. We'll have to get together one of these days...my buddy smoked a maxx tonight too. He agrees with you...those SCR's are nice
[Reply]
dwoodward 01:19 AM 08-05-2010
I got it with my 5 Star sampler from CI...

I just ordered the giant sampler from CI... i think its called the Motherlode #8... So I need to smoke up some of these cigars I have so I can have some sense of order in my humidor lol
[Reply]
sevans105 01:36 AM 08-05-2010
Cigar bid has done me in. I got 150 cigars on Tuesday and another 100 coming next Tuesday. I really need to do me some smoking and slow down on the buying.
[Reply]
Chingas 04:26 AM 08-05-2010
How else are you gonna find what you like?
[Reply]
longknocker 04:52 AM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by sevans105:
Cigar bid has done me in. I got 150 cigars on Tuesday and another 100 coming next Tuesday. I really need to do me some smoking and slow down on the buying.
GL With That!:-):-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up