Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Stems in Cigars
scoop 06:46 AM 08-01-2010
I've found tree trunks in multiple CAO Brazllias. Took pics of them and showed them to the rep. and was told he would make it right and never did. Needless to say they were the last CAO product I ever bought.:-)
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 08:51 AM 08-01-2010
that pic looks like you were out pulling weeds in your yard!
[Reply]
macsauce13 09:27 AM 08-01-2010
Has there been any reply after you sent the email?
[Reply]
jsnake 01:04 PM 08-01-2010
Horrible. I don't understand how that can get past a roller unless they just don't care or are having a bad day. Human error I guess. I have watched cigar rollers and just don't understand how that could get by them.
[Reply]
Ahbroody 01:11 PM 08-01-2010
That is PISS!
[Reply]
BTcigars 07:45 PM 08-01-2010
Food for thought: Dosent stems contains a higher amount of nicotine? Do you think that makers could be adding them to "pump" up their product?
[Reply]
macsauce13 10:26 AM 08-04-2010
Nobody have a comment on that? Seems like an interesting point.
[Reply]
CigarDisciple 12:15 PM 08-04-2010
Given the amount of cigars made each day by an experienced roller, I'm suprised there are not more. So far I have not had a bad experience with this. Certainly they should pay better attention to quality assurrance but things do happen, thankfully not often. :-)
[Reply]
JohnE1000 12:23 PM 08-05-2010
Experienced it many times. Most recently in Tatuaje Verocu West Coast.
[Reply]
T.G 12:48 PM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by BTcigars:
Food for thought: Dosent stems contains a higher amount of nicotine? Do you think that makers could be adding them to "pump" up their product?
I don't know if that's accurate or not, but what we do know to be true is that:
- They can, and often times will, interfere with the draw
- They burn very poorly and at a different rate than the tobacco leaves, resulting in overall burn issues.
- They burn very bitter, resulting in a poor tasting cigar.
- They also give an impression of lack of concern for the quality of the final product and poor workmanship. This could drive people away from the brand and reduce the overall sales potential.

No manufacturer out there would instruct bunchers to intentionally engage in such a practice.
[Reply]
Ahbroody 05:23 PM 08-05-2010
I had one in a Partagas Connie 3 last night. It was going okay, then went to hell. Pulled it out and things got better. Pissed me off though.
[Reply]
Dunkel 08:29 PM 08-05-2010
I have had a few cigars that had enough stems to plug the draw. I pulled one out with needlenose pliers that was nearly as big around as a bamboo skewer and 4" long. It's sad when you pay good money and the roller throws a log in your cigar.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up