Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Series X - Tabu
bruceolee 10:49 AM 01-28-2022
So this now extinct brand was produced by EO brands and erik espinoza. The cigar was produced by Oliva and ultimately was sued by the Fuentes over the letter X copyright and lost. I purchased these through the now extinct tobacco world in deerfield beach. I believe it is now a smoke inn. I've had this cigar since the club stogie days so we're talking at least 15 years of age added to it so we'll see how the flavors have settled after all this time.So, pour out your 40oz paper wrapped bottle of olde english as we make this brand extinct and say goodbye to the Series X Tabu. So, off to the review

Note: I believe it's a nicaraguan puro. it's been a while for me though. If anyone has more info about them please add you're post, I've spoken to erik about this twice and this cigar is never coming back. The famous nicaraguan 3000 was as close to a resurrection as i've ever seen. The closest I've found now is the 601 blue label box press in flavors

https://www.cigarforums.net/threads/...nte-feud.7362/ a good post explaining the lawsuit

Wrapper: silky dark chocolate wrapper with minimal veins and slight box press

Draw: perfect milkshake draw

immediately i’m getting deep sweet chocolate, earthiness, sweet tobacco, tea, hints of coffee with cream, very creamy on the finish, some spice, vanilla, I’m amazed and how well this cigar has held up over the years. it was truly built for war, hints of hay/grass,

chocolatey goodness, earthiness, sweet tobacco, very creamy, coffee with cream, dry fruit, vanilla, very present but mellow flavors, slight hay/grass, tea, white pepper, spice, caramel,

earthiness, chocolate, vanilla, pepper, spice, hay, tea, still a very creamy finish, The favors never really changed but just built up in boldness as this cigar progressed, caramel,

Ash: white and held nice and compactly

Finish:it really is a shame Oliva will never produce anymore of these because they were special. This cigar is a chocolate/earth bomb and it hit all the right supporting notes to make it special. I was going to save it for a birthday smoke but right now i have too many birthday smokes so you guys get to enjoy this review. The flavors started mellow but progressed in strength as it went along and really made this something special. I'd say buy a box of them but you can't anymore which is a shame.I've had this cigar sitting for 15+ years and it's flavors were still all robust and alive which is a testimony to their quality. I hope you enjoyed this review of a very rare, if not, extinct cigar. God bless you all!
[Reply]
Dave128 11:19 AM 01-28-2022
Your reviews are always very educational. Thank you.
[Reply]
bruceolee 11:34 AM 01-28-2022
I just checked famous smokes and they have the famous nicaraguan 3000's back in stock
[Reply]
357 11:36 AM 01-28-2022
Great post Jason. Interesting story too. Thanks again!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 12:08 PM 01-28-2022
Awesome review. Shame they’re not made any more.
[Reply]
bruceolee 12:33 PM 01-28-2022
https://www.famous-smoke.com/brand/f...on-3000-cigars

here's a link to the closest to the series X i've found. these tend to go quick. I picked up a bundle today
[Reply]
sigsauer 12:55 PM 01-28-2022
Man Bruceolee has all the goods
[Reply]
bruceolee 12:58 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by sigsauer:
Man Bruceolee has all the goods
Nah! Just the one otherwise my collection looks like anyone elses. I don't even have an opus x in my collection. Da Klugs has the humidor i envy the most. He's the one you should be jealous of :-)

God bless you!
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 01:30 PM 01-28-2022
Great review!
[Reply]
icehog3 08:52 AM 01-29-2022
Wonderful review Jason! You'll have to tell us how the new bundle compares.
[Reply]
borndead1 08:26 PM 01-29-2022
Nice review!

I never actually saw one of these in the wild. Supposedly the first batch of Famous Nic 3000 were the Series X that Oliva couldn't sell as Series X.

The Nic 3000 have been around always since then. They have been hit or miss for me (mostly hit). The last bundle I bought was a few years ago and they were a solid smoke. I came upon them while playing cabinet Tetris a few days ago.Your review made me want to dig one out. Thanks! :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:41 PM 01-29-2022
I sprung for a bundle of the Nic 3000 torps with all the talk about them in this thread. Been a long time I’d last had one.
[Reply]
bruceolee 01:29 PM 02-05-2022
I'm smoking one the the Famous 3000 nicaraguan grand robusto's ROTT and i'm shocked by how much it reminds me of the series X. Lots of great earthiness and chocolate mixed with toastiness, hay/grass, and so on. I'm really glad i ordered a bundle of these while they last. I'll do a formal review in a month or so
[Reply]
icehog3 03:19 PM 02-05-2022
Originally Posted by bruceolee:
I'm smoking one the the Famous 3000 nicaraguan grand robusto's ROTT and i'm shocked by how much it reminds me of the series X. Lots of great earthiness and chocolate mixed with toastiness, hay/grass, and so on. I'm really glad i ordered a bundle of these while they last. I'll do a formal review in a month or so
Nice! :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:34 PM 02-05-2022
I bought a bundle last week to try. Should’ve bought two. :-)
[Reply]
Up