Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 34
< 123 4513 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>iPhone Cigar App RELEASED!
KenS 01:34 PM 03-28-2009
Originally Posted by sikk50:
Hey Ken,

I've been looking through and if in the next few days I can hunt down the info for you on some of the missing nc's would you want me to pm you that?
Absolutely; that would be great. Best thing to do is to put the info in a spreadsheet, and I can format it and add it to the update that'll come out next week sometime
[Reply]
promethius 04:08 PM 03-28-2009
Ken, many congrats, I'll be downloading the official version here shortly! Can't wait for updates that don't wipe my database :-):-)
[Reply]
white_s2k 04:49 PM 03-28-2009
Thanks for all the work you have put into this Ken. :-)

It's cool see an App like this being "born" before our very eyes. I plan on getting an iPhone in July when my current contract with Sprint expires, and you can bet this is going to be the first thing I download!
[Reply]
longknocker 04:52 PM 03-28-2009
Works Great, Ken! Thanks again!:-)
[Reply]
Jbailey 04:55 PM 03-28-2009
Enjoying it very much, thanks Ken.
[Reply]
SIMPLIFIED 05:24 PM 03-28-2009
Got it last night and did an inventory of the home humi today:

1852 Total Cigars
44 Unique Cigars

I did not enter the NC's and have some I have to add to the master list but will figure that out latter. I am sure it is easy but wanted to get all of the info from the MRN. May do the office Humi on Sunday but I am sure that will take more time...

Ken, nice work!!!
[Reply]
Blueface 07:23 PM 03-28-2009
Originally Posted by KenS:
I
As for it taking off ... sold 26 copies on the first 1/2 day. Probably can't quit my day job :-). But that's ok, it's really just a fun hobby for me anyway. If fellow inmates find it useful, so much the better.
Ken,
I am guessing that if over 13 million iPhones have been sold, which does not even account for iPod Touch (can only imagine what that figure is), I venture to guess there are a lot of us cigar smokers with them.
The thing is to spread the word to them and certainly this forum, and others like it, should be of great value to you to help you accomplish that.
When my son returns from this week's road trip, I am sure he too will get it once he sees mine.
[Reply]
Blueface 07:24 PM 03-28-2009
Originally Posted by SIMPLIFIED:
Got it last night and did an inventory of the home humi today:

1852 Total Cigars
44 Unique Cigars

I did not enter the NC's and have some I have to add to the master list but will figure that out latter. I am sure it is easy but wanted to get all of the info from the MRN. May do the office Humi on Sunday but I am sure that will take more time...

Ken, nice work!!!
Holy Crap!!!
[Reply]
ahc4353 07:36 PM 03-28-2009
You got that right Carlos. Wait till he tells us what is in the office humi. It's gonna take more than one Sunday to log all of those trust me, I've seen it. :-)
[Reply]
688sonarmen 07:52 PM 03-28-2009
great work Ken. Just downloaded and now I have a system to keep track of my whole collection. Thank you so much you have made my life that much more easy!
[Reply]
Wolfgang 07:52 PM 03-28-2009
If anyone is hesitating abotu the 3.99 Let me tell you that it is 100% worth it!
[Reply]
KenS 06:41 AM 03-29-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Ken,
I am guessing that if over 13 million iPhones have been sold, which does not even account for iPod Touch (can only imagine what that figure is), I venture to guess there are a lot of us cigar smokers with them.
Well, day 2 saw a few more copies sold, so word has started to leak out perhaps :-) Apple recently said that there were over 30 million combined iPhone/iPod Touch's sold, so I can dream of some fraction of a percent of those, right? :-)

What's interesting is that in the daily sales data that Apple provides me, I see which country the sale came from. So far, these are the countries represented:
I think there are over 50 countries with app store access, so I haven't achieved any market dominance yet :-)
[Reply]
DPD6030 10:48 AM 03-29-2009
Originally Posted by KenS:
Well, day 2 saw a few more copies sold, so word has started to leak out perhaps :-) Apple recently said that there were over 30 million combined iPhone/iPod Touch's sold, so I can dream of some fraction of a percent of those, right? :-)

What's interesting is that in the daily sales data that Apple provides me, I see which country the sale came from. So far, these are the countries represented:
  • Australia
  • Canada
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Sweden
  • United States

I think there are over 50 countries with app store access, so I haven't achieved any market dominance yet :-)
Still pretty sweet! Glad to hear that people are buying the app. :-)
[Reply]
Wolfgang 11:12 AM 03-29-2009
Just finished CC inventory of my cooler.

137 total
29 unique

and I have'nt gotten to the NC's yet.

I love this app in fact I may go buy an I phone so I can buy it again :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 11:14 AM 03-29-2009
I am dying to try this out. If anyone has an iPod Touch they want to sell/trade let me know.
[Reply]
sikk50 12:27 PM 03-29-2009
124 total
60 unique

Pales in comparison to many of you but I'm working on it!
[Reply]
Nimbus 12:42 PM 03-29-2009
I am just waiting for the 32gig iPhone to debut in June/July :-) and the first app I will buy is Mobile Stogie. Excellent work Ken and I am eagerly awaiting your updates and additional features. :-)

Link is not working unless you have iTunes for some reason. Click on the link in the first post of this thread.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 12:44 PM 03-29-2009
^^^Linky no worky for me!!
[Reply]
yourchoice 12:51 PM 03-29-2009
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
^^^Linky no worky for me!!
:-)
[Reply]
Nimbus 12:58 PM 03-29-2009
Here are some pics from Ken's website.

[Reply]