Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 34
< 12 3412 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>iPhone Cigar App RELEASED!
Drat 06:35 PM 03-27-2009
I bought it, even though my phone isn't due to arrive until Monday...

So excited!
[Reply]
jitzy 06:42 PM 03-27-2009
Congrats Ken, I've been following the other thread and anxiously awaiting this app and downloaded it this afternoon and have to say that is very impressive the work you put into that is just awesome.
[Reply]
HK3- 07:32 PM 03-27-2009
Glad to hear it passed Ken! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
sikk50 08:38 PM 03-27-2009
Looks very good Ken, I have noticed a few nc's that are missing, such as Graycliff 1666 as wells as Esteban Carrera I think that's a Rocky Patel Blend.

Other than that there looks to be an amazing amount of work put into this and it shows
[Reply]
HK3- 08:45 PM 03-27-2009
People still smoke NC's? :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 08:48 PM 03-27-2009
For those of us who don't have an iPhone, can anyone post some screen shots to see what this looks like?:-)
[Reply]
HK3- 08:54 PM 03-27-2009
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro:
For those of us who don't have an iPhone, can anyone post some screen shots to see what this looks like?:-)
Text sent to Ken.
[Reply]
KenS 08:56 PM 03-27-2009
Do you have iTunes ? If so, just search for "mobile stogie"
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 09:01 PM 03-27-2009
Originally Posted by KenS:
Do you have iTunes ? If so, just search for "mobile stogie"
Wow! Great job! I know you'll have lots of success with that! Now, do I switch to AT&T and get an iPhone? :-)
[Reply]
KenS 09:05 PM 03-27-2009
Wow! Great job! I know you'll have lots of success with that! Now, do I switch to AT&T and get an iPhone? :-)
Works just as well on the iPod Touch. don't have to have an iphone :-)
iPod touch is an amazing device in it's own right
[Reply]
ECPrevatte 09:21 PM 03-27-2009
Just picked it up.
[Reply]
sikk50 09:25 PM 03-27-2009
Originally Posted by HK3-:
People still smoke NC's? :-) :-) :-)
Ha yes those of us in school trying to become Fedral Agents can't afford to have the really num nums on our cards...tragicaly haha
[Reply]
KenS 09:09 AM 03-28-2009
Originally Posted by sikk50:
Looks very good Ken, I have noticed a few nc's that are missing, such as Graycliff 1666 as wells as Esteban Carrera I think that's a Rocky Patel Blend.

Other than that there looks to be an amazing amount of work put into this and it shows
Oh I'm sure there are more than a "few" NC's missing :-). That's why it is designed for people to add, delete and change the reference data on their own device. I'm sure there are many thousands of unique cigars that I'll never find the info for. I tried to put in a substantial representation of cigars initially, and I'll probably add more with each new release, but I'll never get 'em all. I have added the Nub cigars for the next release, just to test the update mechanism.
[Reply]
Blueface 11:06 AM 03-28-2009
Ken,
Had a blast toying with it last night.

I noticed a big line missing.
No NC La Gloria Cubana.

While I think it is neat to add your own if need be, will any of the currently missing major ones be added at a later date as an update?

Neat application.
Well done.
I am totally intrigued as to how someone can put something like that together and can only imagine the time you invested in doing it.
I hope it takes off for you.
Congrats!
[Reply]
KenS 12:10 PM 03-28-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
While I think it is neat to add your own if need be, will any of the currently missing major ones be added at a later date as an update?
Yup, I will be adding some more. :-) I have the update-code completed, and I'm fixing a few more things for a version 1.1. Probably ship it off to Apple within a week at most. Likely changes:

- A few more cigar brands added
- Default to last used Humidor when adding cigars to MyCigars
- Picklists for "acquired from" and "format" fields in MyCigars section
- Picklist for year (and maybe include month with it)
- Some code cleanup and optimization
- Default to all CAPS for box code field

Mostly just tweaks to make it a bit easier to use, while I get ready for a version 2 that will focus on smoking notes, reviews, etc... still thinking through the design for that.
[Reply]
KenS 12:14 PM 03-28-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
I am totally intrigued as to how someone can put something like that together and can only imagine the time you invested in doing it.
I hope it takes off for you.
Congrats!
I'm guessing I invested somewhere around 200 hours in developing this so far, but half of that was the steep learning curve for learning how to program in Objective C for the iPhone. Future work will go much quicker, I hope.

As for it taking off ... sold 26 copies on the first 1/2 day. Probably can't quit my day job :-). But that's ok, it's really just a fun hobby for me anyway. If fellow inmates find it useful, so much the better.
[Reply]
Jason 12:28 PM 03-28-2009
nicely done Ken, great contribution to the cigar world I'm sure!
[Reply]
longknocker 12:55 PM 03-28-2009
Yes, Patrick! I did & "Love" it!:-)
[Reply]
sikk50 01:15 PM 03-28-2009
Hey Ken,

I've been looking through and if in the next few days I can hunt down the info for you on some of the missing nc's would you want me to pm you that?
[Reply]
Wolfgang 01:21 PM 03-28-2009
Bought it last night! Very awesome! Love how everyting is editable. Now im going to have to do inventory GREAT!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 34
< 12 3412 > Last »
Up