Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Partagas Decades question?
LostAbbott 04:42 PM 09-10-2010
Ok so the other day I got in on the $99 box deal for the PARTAGAS DECADAS LIMITED RESERVE - Anual Chest deal that they had at JR. These are 5.5 x 54 sticks in glass tubes with metal tags. It looks like they might be different than the #2 but it is hard to find any information on line about them... Anybody have an idea? Here is the link to them at JR.

Partagas
[Reply]
Chingas 05:05 PM 09-10-2010
Would have been a lot nicer of you to send the link when the deal was still going!:-)

These are Annual as opposed tot he Decadas Limited Reserve. From what I understand, not the same cigar at all. I have an annual from last year and some '98 Decadas and the sticks are different. Without researching, I would say the Annual Chest is a limited J&R only type thing.
[Reply]
LostAbbott 05:27 PM 09-10-2010
Sorry. Where would one post cigar deals? I know there are particular rules here so I try to not post stuff up like that.

I guess I will have to post a review when I get them in.
[Reply]
pnoon 08:24 PM 09-10-2010
Originally Posted by LostAbbott:
Sorry. Where would one post cigar deals? I know there are particular rules here so I try to not post stuff up like that.
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Alerting members to "deals" is o.k.
[Reply]
JJG 08:31 PM 09-10-2010
Retail Price: $370.00
JR PRICE: $185.00
You save: $185.00

this made me :-)
[Reply]
LostAbbott 03:48 PM 09-17-2010
OK I have another question on these. They came packed in the glass tubes with cork tops. I know that the cork with breath, but should I pop them out of the glass and put them in the humi or let them chill in the box they came in and let the glass/cork handle the humidity? I figure I will let them rest for a week or two and then give one a try and post up a review. I did take one out of the glass and have it in the humi right now. I might just try one each way and see how it goes.
[Reply]
Starscream 03:54 PM 09-17-2010
Originally Posted by LostAbbott:
OK I have another question on these. They came packed in the glass tubes with cork tops. I know that the cork with breath, but should I pop them out of the glass and put them in the humi or let them chill in the box they came in and let the glass/cork handle the humidity? I figure I will let them rest for a week or two and then give one a try and post up a review. I did take one out of the glass and have it in the humi right now. I might just try one each way and see how it goes.
It doesn't matter. Either way is fine. They'll breathe a bit better outside of the tubo but they are fine inside too. I wouldn't mess with them to be honest.

Not to offend, but there are several threads on the topic already about tubes/tubos. The search function can save you a lot of asking time.
[Reply]
LostAbbott 04:03 PM 09-17-2010
Thanks Andy. I seem to suck at the search or it does not like me. I have searched, tube, tubo, glass tube, cork etc... and did not come up with much.
[Reply]
Up