Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Tatuaje: Red vs Black Tubo
Bill86 08:01 PM 09-04-2010
Just found a local b&m with reds. I'll be trying mine Monday or Tuesday
[Reply]
xlc12rf 11:16 AM 09-05-2010
I had found a localish place that has reds and blacks, but not the tubes. I only grabbed a couple reds, but haven't lit them up yet.
[Reply]
Matt-N-Ga 11:24 AM 09-05-2010
Originally Posted by xlc12rf:
I had found a localish place that has reds and blacks, but not the tubes. I only grabbed a couple reds, but haven't lit them up yet.
Which blacks does the shop have? Far as I know, the only Blacks available through retailers for purchase are the Tubos...The Toros and Robustos are supposed to be give aways for box purchases at events...though I guess some retailers could sell them if they had a bunch left over from an event, kinda sneaky though i'd think.
[Reply]
bigdix 11:26 AM 09-05-2010
Haven't had the Red tubos, but the Blacks are great with a little rest on them. :-)
[Reply]
Brutus2600 01:20 PM 09-05-2010
My box of Blacks came in while I was out of town Friday, haven't had a chance to take a pic yet but I'll get one up in the latest NC purchase thread here soon.

I can't help but think I got a bad Red Tubo, not many people say they don't like them. On the other hand, I also can't help but think that a lot of people might've smoked the Blacks before they had enough rest and were too harsh or something, because the one I smoked was very enjoyable.
[Reply]
Bill86 02:12 PM 09-05-2010
I didn't find the blacks too harsh with minimal rest, if any really. 3-4 days in the humidor after I bought it. Fired it up...good stuff.
[Reply]
srduggins 12:06 PM 09-06-2010
Just smoked another black tubo after the dud I had a few weeks ago. Initial impressions were highly favorable, but then, poor construction, led to poor burn - tunneling and spotting. I had to cut and relight. Enjoyable flavor, but horrible burn.
[Reply]
Tank 05:07 PM 09-10-2010
I obtained several boxes of each to keep for aging. First off I must say that the past year's crop of Pete Johnson's offerings for the most part have not tasted as well to me as his previous cigars prior to 2009. The original Tatuaje Black is one of my favorite cigars out there. These Tat Black Tubos are nothing like the original. With that said I prefer the reds over the blacks in these offerings.
[Reply]
warren G. 07:43 PM 09-10-2010
Originally Posted by srduggins:
Just smoked another black tubo after the dud I had a few weeks ago. Initial impressions were highly favorable, but then, poor construction, led to poor burn - tunneling and spotting. I had to cut and relight. Enjoyable flavor, but horrible burn.
I had the same experience.
[Reply]
xlc12rf 07:43 PM 09-10-2010
Originally Posted by Matt-N-Ga:
Which blacks does the shop have? Far as I know, the only Blacks available through retailers for purchase are the Tubos...The Toros and Robustos are supposed to be give aways for box purchases at events...though I guess some retailers could sell them if they had a bunch left over from an event, kinda sneaky though i'd think.
Yeah I was just wrong. They carry some of the tat line, but don't have the tubos. I'm still a noob :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
xlc12rf 07:20 PM 09-22-2010
I'm trying not to jinx it, but I just ordered a box of reds, and two singles of the blacks. I'm a HUGE fan of the havana VI, so we will see what these have going :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 07:36 PM 09-22-2010
I've smoked a few black tubos and love them. The red I got was a dud....I'll try another in a month...Good luck on the reds.
[Reply]
gijoey959 08:22 PM 09-22-2010
I can't find tat blacks anywhere, I recently became a tatuaje fanatic and now I have to try the black line! everywhere I find doesn't have 'em. My local B&M's only have Havana VI's and a few Brown lables and say they can't get blacks
[Reply]
Bill86 08:35 PM 09-22-2010
I can get you any number of black tubos you want. 2/3 B&M's here carry them...though one is running low. Heck I got 5 in the humidor right now.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up