Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Culebras: Eye Candy
Rabidsquirrel 06:54 PM 10-15-2008
Still no good. If someone wants to send the image my way, I'll host it. Or you can just attach the file.
[Reply]
Footbag 06:56 PM 10-15-2008
Link to Opus X Culebras...

http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?album=11&pos=23
[Reply]
MTB996 07:28 PM 10-15-2008
Originally Posted by Conch Republican:
Party Culebra's = Party in a box!!!:-)
Man, I love Party Culebras. Tasty and not that expensive.
[Reply]
weak_link 07:46 PM 10-15-2008
Anyone tried the Davidoff Special C?

[Reply]
Pyrokin 08:07 PM 10-15-2008
Originally Posted by tedrodgerscpa:
You betcha... They are meant to be smoked one at a time. They come apart much easier than you'd imagine.

Best shared with two close friends, IMHO.
:-) Agreed, I can't remember a time I've seen someone break one out and keep it to them selves.
[Reply]
FriskyDingo 11:38 AM 10-16-2008
Originally Posted by JKim:
This is the Limited Release - 50 coffins made for Puffn'Stuff in Atlanta. This is a Lancero Culebra with the 3 different wrappers used in the regular Production Lanceros, Natural, Cameroon, and Oscuro Natural I believe.
Man LFD does some crazy things, but damn if they aren't delicious! :-):-):-)
[Reply]
doctorcue 12:24 PM 10-16-2008
I'll tell you what; I love my fellow BOTLs. Yet if I get a Culebra I'm lighting up that bad boy all 3 at once. If I go green I do but it is something I need to cross off my list.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 02:21 PM 10-16-2008
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:
Those Partagas are tasty lil buggers for the look of 'em!
They both are, check my blog www.cigarguide.org for reviews on both the partagas and the illusione culebra.
[Reply]
Mugen910 03:03 PM 10-16-2008
Originally Posted by weak_link:
Anyone tried the Davidoff Special C?

I gotz one thanks to Vin...but I'm keeping that sucker...such a Davi whore I am! :-)
[Reply]
spincycle 03:21 PM 10-16-2008
Wow! I've never seen cigars bundled like that! I love the share-your-wares form factor as well. Any idea how these are rolled?

But there is something about it's shape which just reminds me of cleaning up after my dog. :S
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 03:26 PM 10-16-2008
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:
Those Partagas are tasty lil buggers for the look of 'em!
:-) haven't let me down. What do the sheep think of them?
[Reply]
massphatness 03:45 PM 10-16-2008
The Partagas Culebra is a phenomenally good smoke IMHO. Hal (hk3) once smoked all three at once, but I don't believe that's the intent.

The Illusione 23, on the other hand, was not a great experience for me -- and I truly dig nearly the whole Illusione line.
[Reply]
Footbag 03:56 PM 10-16-2008
Originally Posted by spincycle:
Wow! I've never seen cigars bundled like that! I love the share-your-wares form factor as well. Any idea how these are rolled?

But there is something about it's shape which just reminds me of cleaning up after my dog. :S
I've heard a few things about how these are rolled. First, the cigars a bit more loosely filled then would otherwise be, then they are over humidified until they are flexible. The last step is gently braiding and tying.

There are two theories on origin. The first, and best IMO, is that in the rollers in the factories were allowed to smoke 3 cigars a day. They could also bring their allotment home if they chose. At some point, the factory owners feared that the workers were taking more then their daily allotment and either smoking them or selling them outside the factory. The factory owners devised a plan.

By braiding the cigars into bundles of three, they could do a few things. First, the workers could be handed a nice bundle of cigars rather then loose cigars. Second, since the culebras had a distinctive shape, the factory owners could see if a worker was smoking a misshapen cigar. Otherwise, the worker was likely stealing. Third, the cigars given to the workers were not salable on the market, because of their odd shapes.

The second theory on origin is that it was purely a marketing gimmick.

Yeah... the first is a lot better right?
[Reply]
Nimbus 08:31 PM 10-16-2008
Has anyone tried the Illusione Culebras yet? I wonder how they taste and age. :-)
[Reply]
Scottw 08:33 PM 10-16-2008
Man, they all look great.
[Reply]
Scottw 08:34 PM 10-16-2008
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
I gotz one thanks to Vin...but I'm keeping that sucker...such a Davi whore I am! :-)
Slut!:-):-):-) Love you man!!!!
[Reply]
rck70 08:34 PM 10-16-2008
Originally Posted by Footbag:
A litte bit of eye candy for the new board...

And of course the Partagas...

Enjoy!
I was blessed to be bombed the Patagas....still waiting to meet it's maker:-)
[Reply]
gvarsity 08:36 PM 10-16-2008
So cool. Do you have any pictures smoking any of these bad boys?
[Reply]
BengalMan 08:48 PM 10-16-2008
There is also the Oliva Serie V Culebras
http://dailydoormatt.blogspot.com/20...a-serie-v.html
[Reply]
gnukfu 04:04 AM 10-17-2008
Those pics look like something out of Vin's herf. Vin had culebras for the whole crew to split up.....what a great guy!!!.......and what a kiss a$$ I am!!!! :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up