Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Jokes>This is why my country makes me cringe and why I ignore politics
kzm007 05:08 PM 02-17-2010
http://www.urlesque.com/2010/02/10/m...litical-signs/

They're not doing it right :-) oh God help us all...I try to avoid this and look intelligent by comparison.
Tombstone 05:52 PM 02-17-2010
Proof that our government schools are not doing their jobs.
Starscream 06:04 PM 02-17-2010
While some of these pics are funny, they clearly are biased against one political party. I thought political forums are not allowed.
mmblz 06:44 PM 02-17-2010
:-):-)

Originally Posted by andysutherland:
While some of these pics are funny, they clearly are biased against one political party. I thought political forums are not allowed.
Tell that to the folks who wrote the signs :-)

This is the jokes forum. Feel free to post other examples if you have them :-)
CBI_2 07:28 PM 02-17-2010
Originally Posted by Tombstone:
Proof that our government schools are not doing their jobs.
:-)
icehog3 07:30 PM 02-17-2010
Though if the comments become more overtly political and less of a joking nature, the TOE reserves the right to shut this down. :-)
hotreds 07:31 PM 02-17-2010
Also looks like there's been some creative photo editing going on.
G G 07:31 PM 02-17-2010
Amazing
bscottskangum 07:35 PM 02-17-2010
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Also looks like there's been some creative photo editing going on.
You mean like this?

hotreds 07:42 PM 02-17-2010
Yes.
SvilleKid 09:04 PM 02-17-2010
I would put more faith in this truly being intended as a joke if the title of the post was more in a joking frame than in a condemnation tone, and if the signs chosen were from both sides of the political spectrum. Either we have a political discussion free-zone, or we have a strict policy against political discussions.

You see, comedy is in the eyes of the beholder as much as in the eyes of the comic. That is why the board admins have a policy against political discussions. We should stick to that policy, including stopping ALL political content that is, can, or might be offensive, no matter how the posts are disguised, or we make this a free-fire zone, and the board goes to hell.

I disagree that this is indeed a "joke", and that feeling isn't limited to just myself. That fact, added to the fact that Tom had to mention the possibility of this thread getting shutting down should be enough to shut it down. Sorry. it needs to be complete prohibition, or no prohibition, and since this is a cigar board, NOT a political board, then this needs shut down.
qwerty1500 10:38 PM 02-17-2010
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
I would put more faith in this truly being intended as a joke if the title of the post was more in a joking frame than in a condemnation tone, and if the signs chosen were from both sides of the political spectrum

... Sorry. it needs to be complete prohibition, or no prohibition, and since this is a cigar board, NOT a political board, then this needs shut down.
:-) Have to agree with my fellow Parrothead
icehog3 11:36 PM 02-17-2010
OK, the joke is there for anyone who is interested, but the responses ultimately become political, so I will shut her down right here.
Up