Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>MTX-multi-tool
GodOfFire 06:27 PM 06-27-2012
http://www.xikar.com/products/cutters/mtx-multi-tool/

Do you have one? How often do you use it? would you buy another?

Jackie
[Reply]
GreekGodX 06:36 PM 06-27-2012
I want one. They are small, sleek and work great :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 06:42 PM 06-27-2012
They are WELL worth the coin. Believe me when I say this, they are SHARP. I was messing around with one while drunk and it removed exactly one layer of skin. Didn't bleed and I didn't even feel it. Excellent cutter :-)

I use mine all the time. I sold my Palio and XI to keep this one and a punch, that should say something.
[Reply]
shilala 07:23 PM 06-27-2012
I have one in one of my travel humi's, but I've never used it much. It does do a nice job, for sure. Up till now, I never even knew it did "multi-tool" stuff. Shows how much I pay attention.
[Reply]
Bill86 07:28 PM 06-27-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
I have one in one of my travel humi's, but I've never used it much. It does do a nice job, for sure. Up till now, I never even knew it did "multi-tool" stuff. Shows how much I pay attention.
The lighter bleeding tool is particularly useful. I don't even know what else is on it.
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:01 PM 06-27-2012
I have one from a group buy on CA a while back. I don't use it often, but it does work very well.
[Reply]
Mugen910 08:28 PM 06-27-2012
I use mine all the time. It sits in my golf bag since that's usually the only time I get a cigar in. I just wish the cut was as good as my Palio.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 08:31 PM 06-27-2012
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
I use mine all the time. It sits in my golf bag since that's usually the only time I get a cigar in. I just wish the cut was as good as my Palio.
Palio cannot be beat IMO :-) turns out you are a smart malaka :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 09:49 PM 06-27-2012
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Palio cannot be beat IMO :-) turns out you are a smart malaka :-)
I know right! :-)
[Reply]
CRIMPS 11:20 AM 06-28-2012
I think Brutus2600 uses one of these and swears by it... at least he did when I saw him using it. Maybe PM him for a review if you wish.
[Reply]
stearns 08:35 AM 06-30-2012
picked one up in the first troop auction, very happy with the performance, but still can't top a palio in my opinion. that being said, i don't see myself getting rid of the mtx any time soon, it usually travels with me because of how small it gets
[Reply]
md4958 10:41 AM 06-30-2012
I was gifted one by TRicker several years ago (thanks Tim!). I used it weekly-I keep it in my desk drawer at work.

Its handy, small, and light. Im trying to think of one instance where I used the other tools that it comes with... maybe the flat blade once to adjust my lighter?

The blades are sharp, however I prefer my Palio's cut.

If youre going to spend the money, buy a Palio instead.
[Reply]
Duke9192 03:53 PM 07-18-2012
It is a must have cutter to have. I use mine at least once a week along with my other cutters.
[Reply]
tsolomon 05:33 PM 07-18-2012
I have one and it's a great cutter. I first saw one used at a local B&M where the owner would use it to cut the cigar you were going to smoke. He made it look easy and I thought that it was really cool. It takes some getting use to, but you can take little cuts until you get just the bare minimum needed to have a good draw. So when I use my Palio now, I try for that same cut. :-)
[Reply]
Pilon 05:42 PM 07-18-2012
I have one i've been using for a few years now. sharp as the day i bought it. its good to nip little pieces of the head of the cigar and work your way around it to keep it firm and from unraveling. it also has a nice piece ( the lighter bleeder as i read above) to use as a nub holder. the bottle opener i don't use because a friend told me he used it and broke the back spring part so now it flops around loosely which would be annoying.
[Reply]
Pilon 05:48 PM 07-18-2012
i also requested a free sheath from xikar for it.
[Reply]
Pilon 05:50 PM 07-18-2012
i don't work for nor represent empire cigars but they have these on sale.

http://www.egars.com/product_p/cutximtxch.htm

it may be worth calling them too to see if they can ship it cheaper since its a small item. always worth a shot.
[Reply]
md4958 06:02 PM 07-18-2012
One of the problems with Xikar though is that you need to send in an item for repair or replacement, and it can take up to 3 weeks to be returned.

With Palio, you walk in to a Palio retailer and they will swap it out on the spot.
[Reply]
Eleven 10:09 PM 07-18-2012
I have one. It is indeed the sharpest thing on the planet.

Only complaint I have is one of the flip out attachments got bent too far back and it lost its tension. It now flops and flails around. I ended up taking a small drill and wedged it between the piece and the rest of the body to hold it in place.
[Reply]
Subvet642 06:11 AM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by md4958:
One of the problems with Xikar though is that you need to send in an item for repair or replacement, and it can take up to 3 weeks to be returned.

With Palio, you walk in to a Palio retailer and they will swap it out on the spot.
The B&M I bought my Xikar lighter from said I could bring it back there and he could replace it immediately. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up