Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Who uses Xikar humidification products?
pnoon 08:11 PM 06-18-2012
Originally Posted by smitty81:
I knew nothing of their product and I damn sure wanted it to work. If a mechanic tells me to use ATF in my transmission, I am going to use it.

There is a line I draw and common sense comes into play so the question to your answer is no, I would not buy a ton of cigars from Thompsons.

WoW

I am trying to gift something away here to someone that can use it.

Guess thats how I am gonna get treated for trying to be a good BOTL.:-)
Good grief.
a) if your trusted mechanic tells you something, o.k. But any mechanic who is trying to sell you stuff? Sorry.
b) not sure what "common sense" you are referring to here
c) Sorry my ESP is in the repair shop so I could not read your mind that you were wanting to give something away.
[Reply]
bvilchez 08:14 PM 06-18-2012
All jokes aside, if you were trying to give something away as a good gesture to another BOTL then you could have written something to the following:

FTGH: bottle of Xikar solution

Not looking for anything in return just I have no need for it and thought another BOTL could use it.

[Reply]
Whee 08:14 PM 06-18-2012

That escalated quickly, didn't it?
[Reply]
pnoon 08:15 PM 06-18-2012
Originally Posted by bvilchez:
All jokes aside, if you were trying to give somethingaway as a good gesture to another BOTL then you could have written something to the following:

FTGH: bottle of Xikar solution

No looking for anything in return just I have no need for it and thought another BOTL could use it.
:-)
Good idea Jay.

And post it in the WTS sub-forum (price is $0). People offer to give stuff away there all the time.
[Reply]
smitty81 08:15 PM 06-18-2012
delete
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:16 PM 06-18-2012
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:

That escalated quickly, didn't it?
:-):-)
[Reply]
Ogre 08:20 PM 06-18-2012
I have only used Distilled water in mine. Worked great.
[Reply]
TJarv 08:21 PM 06-18-2012
I used one bottle, but found no difference between the xikar and distilled water
[Reply]
area51 08:22 PM 06-18-2012
The board is on it tonight, but yeah I never noticed a difference between the solution and regular distilled water either=\
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:26 PM 06-18-2012
I do not use Xikar humidification products or the solution to go with said products. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:12 PM 06-18-2012
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
I do not use Xikar humidification products or the solution to go with said products. :-)
Me neither.

Tom likes turtles.
Turtles with tails.

I prefer the choclate, caramel and pecan turtles.
[Reply]
ckay 10:15 PM 06-18-2012
I have a gel puck and use distiller water. I bought two bottles of the 50/50 as I dove in head first a few years ago. I used a quarter of a bottle.

I use beads for my humidors now. I still use the gel for a storage bin of boxes along with excess beads. I haven't had problems with it. I only had small issues with regulation when I used it in my first humidor. It would spike above 70% on the warmer days.

Good product, but there are better.
[Reply]
maninblack 04:13 AM 06-19-2012
I use grizzly bear piss. Gives them an earthy taste I adore.
[Reply]
shilala 05:07 AM 06-19-2012
Xikar has really nice gel pucks. They're clear plastic and have different sized holes. Saw them on Amazon and damn near bought one just so I could throw the goo away and put beads in it.
Smitty, I have a 5 gallon jug of food grade 100% PG solution in the attic in the garage. I've been trying to give it away for years. I finally decided I'm gonna keep it forever.
Do you have one of those puck things I mentioned? I'd take one of those off your hands. :-)
[Reply]
Stephen 06:07 AM 06-19-2012
Originally Posted by maninblack:
I use grizzly bear piss. Gives them an earthy taste I adore.
Here's Kevin in action stocking up...

[Reply]
Jasonw560 06:35 AM 06-19-2012
I'm laughing so hard my spleen's hurting.

This could be in one of MCS's banter threads.

Never understood why someone would want to spend that much money on PG when distiller water costs $1.00 per gallon and does the same job.
[Reply]
smitty81 07:20 AM 06-19-2012
Originally Posted by Jasonw560:
I'm laughing so hard my spleen's hurting.

This could be in one of MCS's banter threads.

Never understood why someone would want to spend that much money on PG when distiller water costs $1.00 per gallon and does the same job.
I was really new to cigars and had no idea.

Thats why.
[Reply]
smitty81 07:22 AM 06-19-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
Xikar has really nice gel pucks. They're clear plastic and have different sized holes. Saw them on Amazon and damn near bought one just so I could throw the goo away and put beads in it.
Smitty, I have a 5 gallon jug of food grade 100% PG solution in the attic in the garage. I've been trying to give it away for years. I finally decided I'm gonna keep it forever.
Do you have one of those puck things I mentioned? I'd take one of those off your hands. :-)
I don't have a puck, I got one of those little jars.

I have thought of putting beads in it as well but it's a little big to throw in my humi.
[Reply]
hammondc 07:47 AM 06-19-2012
Does this have HDMI?
[Reply]
smitty81 07:52 AM 06-19-2012
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Does this have HDMI?
:-)

You funny guy!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >