Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>S.T. Dupont "replicas"
Fia 01:21 AM 06-01-2012
Originally Posted by Silound:
I'll post some pictures as soon as it arrives. I went cheap on the shipping, basic postal service from China will probably take around 4 weeks to arrive, so I should hopefully see it sometime in the next week or so.
Would be very interested to hear your experiences when the transaction is complete. I liked the 007 model especially for the price. Do they accept p**p**? Nervous using my CC in this situation.
[Reply]
Fia 01:37 AM 06-01-2012
Originally Posted by Fia:
Would be very interested to hear your experiences when the transaction is complete. I liked the 007 model especially for the price. Do they accept p**p**? Nervous using my CC in this situation.
After looking more it seems it is kind of like ebay where you are dealing with individual sellers and giving feedback ratings.
[Reply]
Silound 06:36 PM 06-01-2012
I actually ended up getting mine on iOffer.com. They function basically as a haggling market, you make an offer based on the list price, the seller makes a counter offer or accepts yours, etc etc.

I paid via everyone's favorite fee-hungry service, so I have buyer protection if I never get the lighter. My seller, however, was very prompt in sending me the sale information, including a tracking number (worthless once the package is outside of China I discovered) that went active the next business day. I know it exited China and I know how long it takes to transit the Pacific, but I don't know if it's making the trip via air or ship.
[Reply]
Silound 09:20 AM 06-12-2012
Well, it arrived looking all nice and pretty.

There are three dead giveaways it's a knockoff...the serial is too neat, there isn't a color ring inside the fill screw, and it's a single flame (Ligne 2 should be double).

That being said, the weight is almost dead on, it opens with a *very* good ping (slightly more hollow, but it resonates very well), and it works as a lighter :-) I can honestly say I'm very satisfied. $42 shipped with the leather case was worth the wait.

Here are some pictures, forgive my fingerprints and camera angles please.
Attached: 2012-06-12_10-11-01_298.jpg (110.3 KB) 2012-06-12_10-09-39_764.jpg (119.9 KB) 2012-06-12_10-11-28_983.jpg (108.5 KB) 
[Reply]
Fia 04:11 PM 06-12-2012

There are three dead giveaways it's a knockoff...the serial is too neat, there isn't a color ring inside the fill screw, and it's a single flame (Ligne 2 should be double).

That being said, the weight is almost dead on, it opens with a *very* good ping (slightly more hollow, but it resonates very well), and it works as a lighter :-) I can honestly say I'm very satisfied. $42 shipped with the leather case was worth the wait.

Nice!!! BTW If I may ask, who was the seller on iOffer?
[Reply]
Silound 05:00 PM 06-12-2012
Sent you a PM with details.
[Reply]
bonjing 11:11 AM 06-15-2012
Thanks for the update, the lighter looks very nice.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 11:58 AM 06-15-2012

That looks pretty sharp, I may need to get one of these!
[Reply]
WittyUserName 01:56 PM 06-15-2012
Mine is on the way!!
[Reply]
shopkins82 02:22 PM 06-15-2012
Does it fill with Dupont Butane (or adapter) like your real one? If so, what color Butane? If I'm buying a replica, I'd actually prefer it fill with standard Butane, but I don't own a real ST to begin with. Otherwise it looks great!
[Reply]
WittyUserName 02:47 PM 06-15-2012
Originally Posted by shopkins82:
Does it fill with Dupont Butane (or adapter) like your real one? If so, what color Butane? If I'm buying a replica, I'd actually prefer it fill with standard Butane, but I don't own a real ST to begin with. Otherwise it looks great!
That is a great question, I guess I will find out when it arrives.
[Reply]
Silound 08:30 AM 06-16-2012
Mine did not come color coded for a bottle, but we figured out it would accept a gold refill can.

However, I fill mine perfectly fine using a small brass adapter a friend has. It's just a tapered piece that sits against the seal and allows you to use a standard butane can. I looked around online, you can fine various ones that are actually made for real Dupont lighters.

Probably another thing I'll buy at some point.
[Reply]
Silound 08:33 AM 06-16-2012
Here's the one that I was told works very well. You need to know what model your knockoff is to know what color (IE fitting size) you need. Mine (Ligne 2) takes a gold adapter.

http://www.cigarmony.com/butanegasre...tlighters.aspx
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up