Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>MTX-multi-tool
md4958 08:40 AM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
The B&M I bought my Xikar lighter from said I could bring it back there and he could replace it immediately. :-)
Maybe, but if you go the the xikar site it instructs you to send it in. I know that the B&M nearby will send them in for you, but you still have to wait a few weeks for it to be returned.

http://xikar.com/warranty/
[Reply]
Pilon 11:59 AM 07-20-2012
The B&M I bought my Xikar lighter from said I could bring it back there and he could replace it immediately. :-)
My local B&M will do the same. They give you a new one on the spot, send in the busted one for replacement and stock the new one returned to them to replace the one they gave away.
[Reply]
Subvet642 12:02 PM 07-20-2012
Originally Posted by Pilon:
My local B&M will do the same. They give you a new one on the spot, send in the busted one for replacement and stock the new one returned to them to replace the one they gave away.
Exactly!
[Reply]
Brutus2600 12:42 PM 07-20-2012
Originally Posted by CRIMPS:
I think Brutus2600 uses one of these and swears by it... at least he did when I saw him using it. Maybe PM him for a review if you wish.
I somehow missed this thread when it was started, but yes, I love the MTX scissors!

I used a Palio for about a year before I bought the MTX, but after I did I've literally used the Palio once. It's nothing against the Palio, they're phenomenal cutters, but I just love the scissors more.

So really I'm not sure if I like my MTX better because I like a scissor cutter better or if I think it's a superior cutter. I can't really tell you that.

I'll have to use my Palio this weekend and do a direct comparison. I'll post up my findings.
[Reply]
Fia 03:17 PM 07-20-2012
Ditto. The retailer can exchange it if he wants to. The retailer will be given a replacement by Xikar for the one exchanged. I have heard of these situations before and it may be a case where the retailer is not purchasing a xikar item direct from Xikar but from a mid level distributor. In that case, the retailer may be unaware of the Xikar exchange policy that they have with retailers.
[Reply]
Fia 03:27 PM 07-20-2012
Originally Posted by Eleven:
I have one. It is indeed the sharpest thing on the planet.

Only complaint I have is one of the flip out attachments got bent too far back and it lost its tension. It now flops and flails around. I ended up taking a small drill and wedged it between the piece and the rest of the body to hold it in place.
Maybe you should have it exchanged if you dont mind mailing it in unless your retailer would like to do an exchange. Xikar uses the returns to see common problems to improve future designs.
[Reply]
Eleven 11:21 PM 07-20-2012
Originally Posted by Fia:
Maybe you should have it exchanged if you dont mind mailing it in unless your retailer would like to do an exchange. Xikar uses the returns to see common problems to improve future designs.

Actually I never thought about it. I'm normally not a Return It kinda guy but now that you mentioned it, I could stop by the retailer I bought it from, I'm near there twice a week anyway.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up