Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 113 of 196
« First < 1363103111112113 114115123163 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
yourchoice 12:27 PM 05-28-2020
Wild Turkey 101 is a favorite of mine in that price range.
[Reply]
stearns 10:24 AM 06-12-2020
One of my favorite small local shops put out a 15yr 120 proof KC store pick yesterday around 3pm, went this morning when they opened and they were sold out :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 12:17 PM 06-12-2020
Originally Posted by stearns:
One of my favorite small local shops put out a 15yr 120 proof KC store pick yesterday around 3pm, went this morning when they opened and they were sold out :-)
That sucks. I'm hearing good things too.
[Reply]
Beagleone 06:13 PM 06-12-2020
Had some time this week and picked up a few bottles.

[Reply]
icehog3 06:29 PM 06-12-2020
Originally Posted by Beagleone:
Had some time this week and picked up a few bottles.

Just a few, Tony. :-)
[Reply]
Hippi3Slay3r 09:06 PM 06-12-2020
Distinct enough to keep a bottle on hand heavy Orange on the nose.
[Reply]
SSDVC 05:15 AM 06-13-2020
I have to ask. Where are you guys finding the Dickel BiB and the Four Roses Small Batch? I have looked at almost every liquor store between here and southern Maine and have not found a single bottle of either. And some of the online retailers have the bottles available (maybe) but at 3-4 times retail. Crazy!
[Reply]
icehog3 10:43 AM 06-13-2020
I still see lots of Four Roses Small Batch everywhere around here, Scott. Plus the Single Barrel, Small Batch Select and others.

Friends sent me my Dickel BiB from Dallas-Fort Worth, have not seem that in the wild in Chicago.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:44 AM 06-13-2020
Last night, Kitchen Table Batch (x2) and Batch 13.

[Reply]
Gabe215 07:37 PM 06-13-2020

Picked this up today and super excited to try it!!!
[Reply]
icehog3 10:47 AM 06-14-2020
Originally Posted by Gabe215:

Picked this up today and super excited to try it!!!
Great minds Gabe? :-) Although I actually finished mine last night.

[Reply]
stearns 07:23 AM 06-15-2020
Nice! I have a bottle of 1920 that's still sealed somewhere in the back of the cabinet...

...but I also drank about a full bottle of it camping one weekend a few months back so I have a very good idea of how good it tastes :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:42 AM 06-15-2020
Found another new (to me) Booker's yesterday.

[Reply]
stearns 08:50 AM 06-15-2020
Nice find! I can barely find any on the shelves recently, let alone some that have a little dust on the top

I did find a bottle of Hibiki Harmony over the weekend, cool looking bottle and the stuff inside is supposed to be pretty stellar, I was gonna crack it last night but being National Bourbon Day I thought it wouldn't make sense to drink Japanese.

I had a very full weekend of drinking Bourbon, which included:

Blantons SFTB
Hancock Reserve
BT Store Pick (2x stores)
Jefferson Reserve Ocean Voyage 19
Larceny Store Pick
Henry McKenna 10

And probably some other stuff :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:52 AM 06-15-2020
Originally Posted by stearns:

I had a very full weekend of drinking Bourbon, which included:

Blantons SFTB
Hancock Reserve
BT Store Pick (2x stores)
Jefferson Reserve Ocean Voyage 19
Larceny Store Pick
Henry McKenna 10

And probably some other stuff :-)
Now THAT'S a weekend! :-) :-)

Does it seem that the store pick makes a big difference for the Buffalo Trace, Ben?
[Reply]
stearns 09:04 AM 06-15-2020
I think so, but also I'm not sure the last time I had a non-store pick. I definitely notice a difference between bottles, I actually have three different ones open now (but one only has a couple pours left, it won't make it to the end of the week), I wouldn't say they are different enough that I would grab one over another because I was looking for a particular profile but some I get more maraschino cherries than others, which I like. I had a pour from the almost empty bottle that tasted like a cherry vanilla ice cream I had when I was a kid. BT is my go to for a warm up pour, most nights that I'm trying a few it starts with that. But I'm also very lucky that it seems a different store around here gets a BT barrel each week, so I never have to pay more than $26 or have to look too hard. I just grab one pretty much any time I see them and throw it in the back of the cabinet :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:09 AM 06-15-2020
Good to know. Next time I see one here I'll grab it, assuming the price is good. :-)
[Reply]
Gabe215 08:07 PM 06-15-2020
Nice Tom! I did some research before buying the 1920 and glad it also gets the Icehog seal of approval! Question for everyone, I’m fairly new to High end Bourbon and enjoying my journey, the 1920 will be my first whiskey that high in proof, do you add a few drops of water to it and barrel proof bourbons? I normally drink my bourbons neat. Will it be an all out burn fest? I’m currently enjoying the last of my Elijah Craig small batch 94 proof and love it but there is a decent burn to it? Am I being a puss lol? Going to crack open the 1920 on Fatjers Day to enjoy with Dad and watch golf.
[Reply]
stearns 07:31 AM 06-16-2020
You're not being a puss! Give it a try neat, if it's too much throw a couple splashes of water or an ice cube, try again. I think you'll get up there quickly, I never used to be able to drink scotch without an ice cube but when I started switching to bourbon I tried skipping the cube and for the most part only drink neat now, but sometimes certain pours need a little water to open them up.

I've heard barrel proof bourbon described as being able to enjoy three ways: neat, splash of water, over a little ice. All three will give you a little different experience, try them out and see what you like best.

I also once had a guy at a liquor store tell me I should buy a bottle of Barrell Bourbon because I could add enough water to basically get two bottles of 80 proof for the price of one so it was a good deal. I didn't buy it... or anything there...
[Reply]
icehog3 08:50 AM 06-16-2020
I agree with Ben, Gabe, try it neat first, then with a few drops of water. I find that sometimes the water really opens up different, richer flavors, so I do it sometimes even though I love the heat.

I disagree with Ben about you being a puss though, no way that EC 94 proof should be too hot. :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 113 of 196
« First < 1363103111112113 114115123163 > Last »
Up