Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 101 of 196
« First < 519199100101 102103111151 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
icehog3 09:18 AM 02-04-2020
Picked up my first ever bottle of BT for $22 while grocery shopping. It is smooth and easy to drink, but it felt a little "lite" last night. Have a ruined myself with all the 120+ proof bottles? :-)

[Reply]
longknocker 02:15 AM 02-08-2020
Found This Gem At The Airport Duty Free At Turks & Caicos This Weekend!:-). Never Tried It, Before, But I've Heard It's Awesome!!!:-):-)

[Reply]
Steve 07:46 AM 02-10-2020
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Found This Gem At The Airport Duty Free At Turks & Caicos This Weekend!:-). Never Tried It, Before, But I've Heard It's Awesome!!!:-):-)
Do share your thoughts and impressions. I've seen this in a shop by the house and been tempted but haven't pulled the trigger yet...
[Reply]
RevSmoke 08:12 AM 02-10-2020
Originally Posted by longknocker:

Originally Posted by Steve:
Do share your thoughts and impressions. I've seen this in a shop by the house and been tempted but haven't pulled the trigger yet...
I will say it is a good bourbon oh, it is a unique bottle, and has a great name. That is all fine a d good, but if it tastes like crap, it is just a sow with lipstick.

Thankfully, (I ha to buy a bottle because of professional interest) it is a nice bourbon, is decently smooth with hints of caramel. It would be a bottle I'd buy again.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
hammondc 11:03 AM 02-10-2020
Angels Envy is decent.

More important...where do you stay when you are in TCI? My girlfriend and I have a been a couple times. We stay at Seven Stars on Grace Bay Beach. TCI is absolutely amazing....
[Reply]
icehog3 09:22 AM 02-11-2020
I haven't bought the Angels' Envy because I haven't liked many of the finished bourbons I have tried. Only one that sticks out in my mind as having enjoyed is A Midwinter Night's Dram by High West Distillery. That being said, if someone has it where I go, I'd try it with an open mind (and palate).
[Reply]
Steve 09:39 AM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I haven't bought the Angels' Envy because I haven't liked many of the finished bourbons I have tried...
That's kind of where I'm at Tom. I like bourbon that has been distilled and bottled at the same "still". I guess it's a purist holdover from my family cooking stuff up in the hills back in the day.

But I do wonder...:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 12:36 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Angels Envy is decent.

More important...where do you stay when you are in TCI? My girlfriend and I have a been a couple times. We stay at Seven Stars on Grace Bay Beach. TCI is absolutely amazing....
We Stayed At The Palms Resort On Grace Bay. Awesome Vacation & Place To Stay!:-):-)
[Reply]
icehog3 03:12 PM 02-11-2020
Stopped by 3 stores that were along my route today just to see what new stuff they had gotten in, which wasn't anything that interested me. Two of them got in some Weller SR and one some EHT Small Batch, but I am flush of both of those. One got in the Weller 12 Year 1.75 at $400 Neither who had the Stagg at $550+ had sold them...shocking.
[Reply]
stearns 09:21 AM 02-12-2020
Never seen the Weller 12 handle before, if they could cut their price in 1/3 it would be a cool buy

I went to a couple stores yesterday as well killing time in a new part of town, saw a 1.75 of Woodford for $71 and a few bottles of Knob Creek 25th anni at $130. Not bad prices but passed on both, was hoping to find something a little more enticing
[Reply]
icehog3 05:48 PM 02-12-2020
Good luck Ben! If anything has the names Stagg or Pappy in them, grab me one too? :-)
[Reply]
stearns 08:40 AM 02-13-2020
Good luck Ben! If anything has the names Stagg or Pappy in them, grab me one too? :-)
Saw a bottle that said "Old Rip Van" something, but didn't say Pappy so I passed knowing it's not what you want. I'll keep keepin an eye out :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:05 AM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by stearns:
Saw a bottle that said "Old Rip Van" something, but didn't say Pappy so I passed knowing it's not what you want. I'll keep keepin an eye out :-)
If I thought it was true I would likely be crying right now, Ben. :-)
[Reply]
stearns 11:26 AM 02-13-2020
If I thought it was true I would likely be crying right now, Ben. :-)
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 07:22 PM 02-13-2020
Just picked up another store/barrel pick of EC Small Batch. This one is called "The 9 minute late 9 year old" as opposed to the 10 yr store pick I got before. They let me sample them side by side in the store and the difference was crazy. I had to pick one up. The manager also let me know that they picked out a few more barrels for the store. Weller Full Proof, Buffalo Trace, and 1792 Reserve. I'll probably need all the above lol.
[Reply]
stearns 06:33 AM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by 4WheelVFR:
The manager also let me know that they picked out a few more barrels for the store. Weller Full Proof, Buffalo Trace, and 1792 Reserve. I'll probably need all the above lol.
If you get an extra of the Weller FP I'll happily send you cash and a couple good smokes for your effort :-)
[Reply]
Black Coral 06:51 AM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by 4WheelVFR:
Just picked up another store/barrel pick of EC Small Batch. This one is called "The 9 minute late 9 year old" as opposed to the 10 yr store pick I got before. They let me sample them side by side in the store and the difference was crazy. I had to pick one up. The manager also let me know that they picked out a few more barrels for the store. Weller Full Proof, Buffalo Trace, and 1792 Reserve. I'll probably need all the above lol.
I’m with Stearns if you can get your hands on Weller full proof and have and extra bottle keep me in mind. Cash and cigars for your time for sure. Here to hoping
[Reply]
icehog3 08:00 AM 02-14-2020
Ray, I will outbid Ben and John. But they are welcome if you find a 3rd and 4th. :-) :-)

Last night, second pour even better than the first.

[Reply]
BigAsh 08:14 AM 02-14-2020
Ray, I will outbid Ben and John. But they are welcome if you find a 3rd and 4th. :-) :-)

Last night, second pour even better than the first.

Yummy!....hoping a bottle or 3 of Stagg finds its way to TX!!
[Reply]
icehog3 08:16 AM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
Yummy!....hoping a bottle or 3 of Stagg finds its way to TX!!
I'd not complain, Sir Keith. :-)
[Reply]
Page 101 of 196
« First < 519199100101 102103111151 > Last »
Up