Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>This is your fault
RevSmoke 12:48 PM 01-06-2010
OK, I'm not usually one to blame anybody for my actions as I feel people should take a bit more responsibility for their own deeds, but this time I can think of nothing else to do.

The purpose for drinking beer, wine, Scotch, etc... isn't to get drunk, at least not in my book. Except for water, each beverage which passes my lips does so because I enjoy the flavor.

Rum to me, was always something that I enjoyed mixed with Coca-cola or in a daquiri. At least until I met up with a couple brothers from Cigar Asylum at a herf and I there had my first taste of a fine sipping rum. Then, someone else from this board sent me my own bottle of such a beverage. This intrigued me to read a bit more in the rum thread.

Someone else posted a thread about "the cigar drink," and that too was enticing.

You need something to sip on when enjoying a fine cigar, and I had previously thought that my ales, porters, stouts, etc... was enough. Grape products (wine, Cognac, Armagnac) were also good partners to a fine smoke. Single Malt Scotches also seemed a nice pairing.

Of course, coffee, hot chocolate, tea, and other beverages seem to be paired with my cigars, but it is rum which brought me to this point.

Now, I must admit that the sipping rums seem to surpass them all with their fitting flavors to accompany a cigar. Maybe it is the fact that they were reared in the same area and paired for more years than the others - they grew up together, so to speak.

But, I was fine as I enjoyed the pairing of cigars with the beverages I had always enjoyed. I knew not what I was missing. It was blissful ignorance that allowed me to continue in this way for so many years.

So, this is y'all's fault. Not mine!

We are sending you the following information for the above invoice.

Shipping Tracking No.:
Carrier : Other
Ship Via : grnd
Ship Date : 01/05/2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty BO Style Description Price Total Price
Color Sizes Widths

1 0 163239 ZAYA RUM 750 TRINADAD $xx.xx
1 0 -- --

1 0 164247 RON ZACAPA 23YR RUM 750 $xx.xx
1 0 -- --

1 0 109800 FERNET BRANCA BITTER 750 $xx.xx
1 0 -- --

SubTotal : $xx.xx
Freight : $xx.xx
Handling : $0.00
Total Tax : $0.00
Order Total: $xx.xx

Thank you so very much for your business.

[Reply]
elderboy02 12:52 PM 01-06-2010
Mmmmmm..... Zaya :-)
[Reply]
G G 12:53 PM 01-06-2010
uh oh, yall have created a monster. J/K
[Reply]
14holestogie 12:56 PM 01-06-2010
Man up!

:-)

:-)
[Reply]
TheTraveler 01:28 PM 01-06-2010
Yes!!!

That's a really nice selection you've ordered up. :-)
[Reply]
Wanger 02:14 PM 01-06-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Mmmmmm.....Guatemalan Zaya :-)
Fixt.
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 02:22 PM 01-06-2010
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
OK, I'm not usually one to blame anybody for my actions as I feel people should take a bit more responsibility for their own deeds, but this time I can think of nothing else to do.

The purpose for drinking beer, wine, Scotch, etc... isn't to get drunk, at least not in my book. Except for water, each beverage which passes my lips does so because I enjoy the flavor.

Rum to me, was always something that I enjoyed mixed with Coca-cola or in a daquiri. At least until I met up with a couple brothers from Cigar Asylum at a herf and I there had my first taste of a fine sipping rum. Then, someone else from this board sent me my own bottle of such a beverage. This intrigued me to read a bit more in the rum thread.

Someone else posted a thread about "the cigar drink," and that too was enticing.

You need something to sip on when enjoying a fine cigar, and I had previously thought that my ales, porters, stouts, etc... was enough. Grape products (wine, Cognac, Armagnac) were also good partners to a fine smoke. Single Malt Scotches also seemed a nice pairing.

Of course, coffee, hot chocolate, tea, and other beverages seem to be paired with my cigars, but it is rum which brought me to this point.

Now, I must admit that the sipping rums seem to surpass them all with their fitting flavors to accompany a cigar. Maybe it is the fact that they were reared in the same area and paired for more years than the others - they grew up together, so to speak.

But, I was fine as I enjoyed the pairing of cigars with the beverages I had always enjoyed. I knew not what I was missing. It was blissful ignorance that allowed me to continue in this way for so many years.

So, this is y'all's fault. Not mine!

We are sending you the following information for the above invoice.

Shipping Tracking No.:
Carrier : Other
Ship Via : grnd
Ship Date : 01/05/2010

Qty BO Style Description Price Total Price
Color Sizes Widths

1 0 163239 ZAYA RUM 750 TRINADAD $xx.xx
1 0 -- --

1 0 164247 RON ZACAPA 23YR RUM 750 $xx.xx
1 0 -- --

1 0 109800 FERNET BRANCA BITTER 750 $xx.xx
1 0 -- --

SubTotal : $xx.xx
Freight : $xx.xx
Handling : $0.00
Total Tax : $0.00
Order Total: $xx.xx

Thank you so very much for your business.
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 02:58 PM 01-06-2010
I, too, feel your pain. Rum is probably my favorite...

You will love both the Zaya and the Ron Zacapa... I am not familiar with the FERNET BRANCA BITTER you ordered. Do tell?! :-)
[Reply]
Coach Deg 03:35 PM 01-06-2010
:-)I thought there was a problem even re-read?:-) Only problem I could find was you have to wait for shipping when you could have been sipping!!!:-)
[Reply]
pnoon 03:39 PM 01-06-2010
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
I am not familiar with the FERNET BRANCA BITTER you ordered. Do tell?! :-)
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=24526
[Reply]
Mark C 05:51 PM 01-06-2010
Congratulations, you just found a new slope :-)

If you like the flavors of the Zaya and Zacapa, you'll have to try Diplomatico and Ron Centenario, and then if you decide they're a little too sweet, try Ron Pampero and Vizcaya, and then if you want something a little lighter in style... you can see where this is going :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 06:59 PM 01-06-2010
Originally Posted by Savor the Stick:
:-):-):-):-)
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
I, too, feel your pain. Rum is probably my favorite...

You will love both the Zaya and the Ron Zacapa... I am not familiar with the FERNET BRANCA BITTER you ordered. Do tell?! :-)
What is it with a certain breed of men who do not seem to be sympathetic at all to my pain.

Joe, there is a thread that was linked to the Frenet Branca Bitter.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 07:00 PM 01-06-2010
Originally Posted by Mark C:
Congratulations, you just found a new slope :-)

If you like the flavors of the Zaya and Zacapa, you'll have to try Diplomatico and Ron Centenario, and then if you decide they're a little too sweet, try Ron Pampero and Vizcaya, and then if you want something a little lighter in style... you can see where this is going :-)
I'm on the slope, you don't need to push. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 05:39 PM 01-14-2010
Well, the last two nights found me doing some sampling. I am not sure I am a fan of the FERNET BRANCA BITTER and coke.

Last night I had a glass of the Ron Zacapa. I have already had the Zaya, and know I like that. But, I must say that I may like the Pyrat XO better than the others.

(TFPIC) Thanks for the new slope you rum buggers.
[Reply]
Whee 06:18 PM 01-14-2010
Therefore, let him who thinks he stands be careful he does not fall.--
I Cor 10:12

This should be the prayer we all say before visiting any sites mentioned here.:-)
[Reply]
Coach Deg 03:56 AM 01-15-2010
Glad your enjoying the Rums. Now it's your fault, I read your update and had break out the Ron zacapa last night. But it was chilly and I was smoking a cuesta rey sungrown churchhill so I had to have a few extra drinks to compensate for the cold and longer smoke. 5am came real early!
[Reply]
RevSmoke 01:03 PM 01-15-2010
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
Therefore, let him who thinks he stands be careful he does not fall.--
I Cor 10:12

This should be the prayer we all say before visiting any sites mentioned here.:-)
Can I get an Amen?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaamen!!!
[Reply]
RevSmoke 01:04 PM 01-15-2010
Originally Posted by RPmark:
Glad your enjoying the Rums. Now it's your fault, I read your update and had break out the Ron zacapa last night. But it was chilly and I was smoking a cuesta rey sungrown churchhill so I had to have a few extra drinks to compensate for the cold and longer smoke. 5am came real early!
Oh, and that's my fault?

Didn't take much of a nudge to get you to fall off that edge, did you?

OK, :-)
[Reply]
poker 01:40 PM 01-15-2010
You need to place another order for this one, so all is not lost. :-)

[Reply]
Coach Deg 04:56 PM 01-15-2010
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Oh, and that's my fault?

Didn't take much of a nudge to get you to fall off that edge, did you?

OK, :-)
I crumble like a house of cards to this kind of peer pressure!!!! Actually I look foward to the nudge gives me an excuse!!!!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up