Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Cigar Caddy Foam Question
Dukeuni 08:39 PM 07-16-2009
I remember reading awhile back (not sure if it was pre-CA days) about a member buying or getting a newer type of foam for his Cigar Caddy. While I LOVE my 5-count cigar caddy (I believe I could run that thing over with a car and have my cigars survive), I think I need some thicker foam.

Example: Right now I am staying the next few weeks away from home with my wife and decided to bring the following cigars: Parti Lusi, Tat Frank, Hoyo LE 2007, Boli Corona Extra, and H. Upmann 46. The Hoyo, Boli, and H. Upmann will slide up and down in the case (not side to side, just up and down). You can hear them move around and "thud" when I pick-up the case and move it around.

So, long story short- Any way to get different foam, or a solution?

Thanks in advance!
[Reply]
md4958 08:40 PM 07-16-2009
you can get thicker foam, but I believe it turns a 5 count into a 3 count.
[Reply]
dunng 08:40 PM 07-16-2009
www.cigarsolutions.com has some upgrades. :-)
[Reply]
md4958 08:41 PM 07-16-2009
heres a link
http://stores.cigarsolutions.com/Cat...ory=Foam+Trays
[Reply]
Dukeuni 08:49 PM 07-16-2009
Hum, I would hate to have to turn it into a 3 count, but that may be the best option. And heck, I usually just use the caddy when I go someplace on the weekend or for after work on Fridays- so never smoke more then 3 anyways it seems.
[Reply]
Prospector 08:53 PM 07-16-2009
Quick and dirty solution: Pick up some extra foam (you might even have some laying around) and cut it into short plugs to act as bumpers for the offending cigars. Just lay them in snug and they will hold everything in place when the case is closed.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:56 PM 07-16-2009
Originally Posted by dunng:
www.cigarsolutions.com has some upgrades. :-)
Careful...I just got a 30-50 count travel humi and bought the cigar foam trays from Cigar Solutions. It arrived today...and was like two inches too short (all the way around). Cigars fit great but trays would move around and you lose storage space...their foams trays are 6 and 8...as opposed to the 5 and 10 that come with the cigar caddy. Good thing is Ron at Cigar Solutions just emailed me and said send em back for a full refund.
[Reply]
lightning9191 09:00 PM 07-16-2009
Originally Posted by Prospector:
Quick and dirty solution: Pick up some extra foam (you might even have some laying around) and cut it into short plugs to act as bumpers for the offending cigars. Just lay them in snug and they will hold everything in place when the case is closed.
I've been thinking about this lately.....and today I thought about using the round packing peanuts....I don't have any on hand, but I'm gonna try it next time I get some. If that doesn't work, then I'll be buying some foam and cutting it up.
[Reply]
Mugen910 09:16 PM 07-16-2009
Originally Posted by Dukeuni:
I remember reading awhile back (not sure if it was pre-CA days) about a member buying or getting a newer type of foam for his Cigar Caddy. While I LOVE my 5-count cigar caddy (I believe I could run that thing over with a car and have my cigars survive), I think I need some thicker foam.

Example: Right now I am staying the next few weeks away from home with my wife and decided to bring the following cigars: Parti Lusi, Tat Frank, Hoyo LE 2007, Boli Corona Extra, and H. Upmann 46. The Hoyo, Boli, and H. Upmann will slide up and down in the case (not side to side, just up and down). You can hear them move around and "thud" when I pick-up the case and move it around.

So, long story short- Any way to get different foam, or a solution?

Thanks in advance!

The caddy is strong and don't run over it with your car :-) Do yourself a favor and strip the foam out..clean out the sticky tape and turn that 5ct into a 10ct :-) FYI might want to use some foam edging to help cushion the sides of the caddy.
[Reply]
RonC 09:20 PM 07-16-2009
These foam trays fit the Cigar Caddy 5,10, and 15. They should also fit the Xikar and Herfador 5,10, and 15 cases.

These foam trays, and these foam trays fit the Cigar Caddy 18. They will also fit the Xikar 18. To give yourself extra storage in the 18 Caddy, remove the thick lid foam, and you can put in an extra foam cigar tray.
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:24 PM 07-16-2009
Wish I had spoke to you before I ordered...thanks for the help Ron!!
[Reply]
bonjing 10:01 PM 07-16-2009
RonC, how many sticks will those foam trays fit in a 15 caddy?
[Reply]
RonC 10:15 PM 07-16-2009
Originally Posted by bonjing:
RonC, how many sticks will those foam trays fit in a 15 caddy?
if you use these, the 15 Caddy will hold 9
[Reply]
TanithT 10:52 PM 07-16-2009
My low tech solution = paper towels. Or toilet paper. Unused from the roll, I should probably add; my aim is not to duplicate a Lars Tetens. :-)
[Reply]
Dukeuni 12:54 PM 07-17-2009
Originally Posted by Prospector:
I love the look of the 3-count Cigar Solutions, but I also think think that extra foam may be the best option. I could just have a collection of different sizes of foam to fill in the gap for smaller cigars, so it does not bounce up and down.
[Reply]
bobarian 01:05 PM 07-17-2009
Take out the foam and put your cigars in bags. I almost never use the trays in my Halli, I can fit more smokes by packing them in fivers, plus I have room for cutter and lighter! Singles bags also work well and you can put 40+ in a 30count box. :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 02:45 PM 07-18-2009
:-) I use baggies in mine too. Still keeps the cigars protected and doesn't eat up a lot of space.
[Reply]
XTRazzer 04:09 PM 07-19-2009
Pick up some Oliva Special G or Nub and put them across the ends.
[Reply]
Up