Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 14
< 12 3412 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Tequila Thread!!!
Pyro 03:18 PM 10-18-2008
Ah, very nice thread! I love tequila and really appreciate getting some hints on what to look for when I go to Puerto Vallarta in Mexico in April next year.

I usually prefer reposados, aņejos are often too sweet and smooth to me. One of my favourites is Don Julio but Patron is also nice.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 08:27 PM 10-18-2008

Had some of this tonight... pretty good... paired well with a PLPC over ice...
[Reply]
forgop 06:31 PM 10-29-2008
My favorites are the Paton and Don Julio Anejo. I was gifted a bottle of Trago Resposado that has a lot of spice and is much drier than the anejo.

I just tried Patron silver last weekend and found it to be a lot harsher in comparison to the anejos.

Would like to hear some recommendations on some nice anejos that are less than Patron/Don Julio if you have any.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 07:03 PM 10-29-2008
Forgop,

Try DOn Eduardo or Quervo 1800...
[Reply]
forgop 07:28 PM 10-29-2008
Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
Forgop,

Try DOn Eduardo or Quervo 1800...
How much do those set you back? The Patron/Don Julio are around $50/bottle here.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 07:32 PM 10-29-2008
You could get the 1800 for about 25... it's very smooth... are you drinking it straight or mixed? Silver, IMO should be the smoothest in any brand...
[Reply]
SmokinApe 07:33 PM 10-29-2008
The 1800 silver is my "yard tequila"... lol...
[Reply]
forgop 07:43 PM 10-29-2008
I like to drink it neat.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 07:45 PM 10-29-2008
Try the 1800 Silver... It has a good agave taste and won't put you in the poor house... Sauza is good if you are mixing and don't want to be broke...
[Reply]
Indio 07:54 PM 10-29-2008
I love Tres Generation Anejo! Keep it cold and drinks as smooth as any tequila I have ever had and I have had more than my fair share.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 07:55 PM 10-29-2008
Originally Posted by Indio:
I love Tres Generation Anejo! Keep it cold and drinks as smooth as any tequila I have ever had and I have had more than my fair share.
Just added to the must try list... :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:06 AM 10-30-2008
I am not a huge Tequila fan, but have amassed around 15+ bottles of high end stuff. My parents live in Mexico 4+ months a year and they bring me back stuff. I have family in Austin and I just love to shop at Spec's...

Some recent purchase of less known Tequilas worth picking up:

El Noble

Espolon

Fina Estampa
[Reply]
Indio 07:17 PM 10-30-2008
Originally Posted by Pyro:
Ah, very nice thread! I love tequila and really appreciate getting some hints on what to look for when I go to Puerto Vallarta in Mexico in April next year.

I usually prefer reposados, aņejos are often too sweet and smooth to me. One of my favourites is Don Julio but Patron is also nice.
Ah Jalisco! Tequila capital of the world. I've made 9 trips to Puerto Vallarta and looking forward to number 10. You have to go to Andales in the romantic zone when you get there.
Goods times-Good times
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years
[Reply]
SmokinApe 09:35 AM 11-05-2008
I picked a bottle of this up last night for 20$ (El Mayor Blanco)... That is a pretty good deal for 100% De Agave, maybe it was marked wrong...

I will post my thoughts about it after I have some tonight... :-)
[Reply]
Ken 02:42 PM 11-05-2008
Not a head turner at all, though the 100 Anos Blanco isn't bad at all on the cheap. I usually prefer my drinks on the rocks. After I'm done with this I'll be anticipating a better purchase off the higher shelf.
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 06:58 AM 11-06-2008
So it looks as through the wife and I will be headed down to Mexico next March. Would most of you really stick to the standards (ie Patron, Don Julio) or should I be looking for something more local and exotic? We'll be at the new Secrets Maroma resort in Cancun which boast top shelf liquors.

Side note: The new place also boast a cigar bar I'll be excited to check out.

I'm open to all suggestions since I'm an admitted novice when it comes to Tequila.

thx
[Reply]
SmokinApe 07:29 AM 11-06-2008
I'd go for the local and exotic.... My thoughts are "Why drink the same stuff I can get at home?"

Local tequila and cigar bar? Sounds GREAT!!!
[Reply]
okbrewer 09:48 AM 11-06-2008
Currently at home I have Gran Centenario Plata and Reposado and the Sauza Hornitos Reposado.

Bob R in OKC
[Reply]
macpappy 09:51 AM 11-06-2008
Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
I picked a bottle of this up last night for 20$ (El Mayor Blanco)... That is a pretty good deal for 100% De Agave, maybe it was marked wrong...

I will post my thoughts about it after I have some tonight... :-)
I've had both the Reposado and the Anejo. I liked them better then some of the bigger names that have been mentioned already and I will continue to buy the Anejo. IMHO this is not a mixing tequila. It's a straight up sipping tequila.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 10:39 AM 11-06-2008
I am with you... I prefer Tequila straight but do mix from time to time... I tend to use less pricey stuff for mixing...
[Reply]
Page 2 of 14
< 12 3412 > Last »
Up