Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 8
« First < 345 67 > Last »
Good Eats>Huy Fong - Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
replicant_argent 05:12 PM 02-04-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Only after he's done in mine.
:-)
No problem. And while you can require him to be barefoot, I prefer he isn't pregnant when it's my turn.

Wait, that didn't sound right.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 05:14 PM 02-04-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:
It would be a blast Pete, hanging out and herfing with you is on the cigar bucket list, hope we get to do it some day.
Woo hoooo!
[Reply]
pnoon 06:02 PM 02-04-2012
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
No problem. And while you can require him to be barefoot, I prefer he isn't pregnant when it's my turn.

Wait, that didn't sound right.
No $hit, Sherlock. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 08:29 PM 02-04-2012
Only after he's done in mine.
:-)
Bullshit. You & me, Iron Chef style, my friend. But keep the pizza delivery place on speed dial, because I'm not sure we'd make it past the martinis to actually cook anything.

Originally Posted by icehog3:
You gave me some great ideas, Adam, going to try a couple of them this week. :-)
You're welcome Tom. Those were just a few things off the top of my head that I've done with it and while I'm no expert, what I see is that there is so much more one can do with **** sauce when you look at it from a different perspective and just run with it.

BTW, one more I do want to throw out there that I just remembered and since tomorrow is superbowl - **** sauce, reduced sodium soy sauce and rice vinegar (regular or seasoned, depends on how sweet and salty one wants it) - optional: add a dash or three of salt-free or low salt curry powder; test this in a smaller quantity before you commit, it doesn't work for everyone - ranch dressing powder also works if you want a different flavor and if you have a really spice-a-phobic crowd, actual lite ranch dressing. Mix the **** sauce, soy and vinegar, then add to the ranch dressing,add individually and it will curdle. Use to dip deep fried wings or shredded chicken breast in.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:28 PM 02-04-2012
Yup, Adam, I definitely will be using this more as an ingredient than just a hot sauce. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 10:36 PM 02-04-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:
Bullshit. You & me, Iron Chef style, my friend. But keep the pizza delivery place on speed dial, because I'm not sure we'd make it past the martinis to actually cook anything.
Now that would be a whole lotta fun. :-)
[Reply]
pektel 02:27 PM 02-05-2012
No $hit, Sherlock. :-)
Keep digging, Watson.*

*haven't said that in YEARS.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 12:24 PM 02-08-2012
Want to make your own sriracha?

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...-sriracha.html
[Reply]
icehog3 01:36 PM 02-08-2012
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Want to make your own sriracha?

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...-sriracha.html
Why, Bob? It's cheap and delicious from the bottle. :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 01:42 PM 02-08-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Why, Bob? It's cheap and delicious from the bottle. :-)
True, but I'm crazy like that and would spend the time to make it.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:50 PM 02-08-2012
Put some on my fish last night. Good stuff.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:06 AM 02-11-2012
home made pizza with Sriracha sauce on it... killer.
[Reply]
yourchoice 06:57 AM 02-11-2012
I've been using it quite a bit since picking up a bottle. Used it to add some kick to a ham, eggwhite and cheese scramble, on fish and pulled pork just to name a few. Thanks for the recommendation. :-)
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 05:48 PM 02-16-2012
Thanks to this thread, I picked some up last weekend and got hooked. Much stronger garlic flavors than I was expecting. Still nice, just seems to be better on plain"er" foods....

Very good stuff. I've been on a Frank's and tobasco kick recently, and this is a good change of pace.

Thanks!
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 06:04 PM 02-16-2012
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz:
Thanks to this thread, I picked some up last weekend and got hooked. Much stronger garlic flavors than I was expecting. Still nice, just seems to be better on plain"er" foods....

Very good stuff. I've been on a Frank's and tobasco kick recently, and this is a good change of pace.

Thanks!
I will never use Franks or Tobasco ever again after having Sriracha:-)
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 06:57 PM 02-16-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
I will never use Franks or Tobasco ever again after having Sriracha:-)
I'm not quite there yet. "hot red rooster" as my daughter calls it seems to be better on "creamy" foods. Burgers with mayo, mayo and rooster dip, and a favorite right now, eggs over light... YUM!

I still prefer tobasco on pizza and dogs....:-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 07:30 PM 02-16-2012
I was at my favorite Cajun place for lunch the other day when I reached for the hot sauce to mix with my tartar sauce to put on my shrimp po boy. I noticed the Huy Fong among 30 others and remebered this thread so I added it on, damn it was good. I usually use Trappey's Bull but not anymore. Thanks guys :-)
[Reply]
jluck 07:38 PM 02-16-2012
I mix some with sour cream for a condiment. Works great.
[Reply]
cort 07:41 PM 02-16-2012
Red Rooster is delicious. It's one of two hot sauces I buy. The other is Tapatio. You can't beat Tapatio on Mexi food and Top Ramen.:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:06 PM 02-16-2012
Just used Huy Fong in an egg white, Italian sausage omelette.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
« First < 345 67 > Last »
Up