Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 45 > Last »
Good Eats>Huy Fong - Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
icehog3 10:42 PM 02-03-2012
I looked on Google at a few sites, and they seem to agree that it does not need refrigeration because of the preservatives.

Originally Posted by condimentable.com:
Don't be mistaken; sriracha is no elementary hot sauce. Its flavor has a delicious smoky complexity and the texture is much thicker. Heat seems to slightly vary from bottle to bottle, but even at its hottest sriracha isn't too dangerous. Note: while refrigeration isn't required, keeping your bottle in the fridge will help retain color and flavor.
Originally Posted by Amazon.com:
While Sriracha has preservatives and doesn’t need refrigeration it does oxidize a bit

[Reply]
pnoon 11:23 PM 02-03-2012
Originally Posted by Mattso3000:
Disagree. Hot sauce does not need refrigeration.
You may be right but I refrigerate it anyway.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 11:27 PM 02-03-2012
I refrigerate it as well. Just wanted to clarify if you leave it out its still good. :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 11:55 PM 02-03-2012
I'll have to try this on an egg sandwhich sometime. Possibly tomorrow:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:59 AM 02-04-2012
Yup, I ended up putting it in the fridge anyway too. :-)
[Reply]
BSB 09:04 AM 02-04-2012
Probably on half the restaurants tables here regardless of what type of food they serve.
In Minnesota? I find that hard to believe :-)
[Reply]
Mattso3000 09:09 AM 02-04-2012
Originally Posted by BSB:
In Minnesota? I find that hard to believe :-)
So do I, but sure enough there it is! Should clarify to say half the restaurants that would have hot sauce on the table...:-)
[Reply]
pektel 09:18 AM 02-04-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Just like ketchup, .
I never refrigerate ketchup. Stays in the pantry. Just an FYI, its safe to leave out. At least, Hunt's and Heinz are okay. I can't speak for all of the ones of which I haven't read the labels.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 09:24 AM 02-04-2012
Originally Posted by pektel:
I never refrigerate ketchup. Stays in the pantry. Just an FYI, its safe to leave out. At least, Hunt's and Heinz are okay. I can't speak for all of the ones of which I haven't read the labels.
Yup. It's a preservative filled world. I still refrigerate this as well, though.
[Reply]
BSB 09:32 AM 02-04-2012
So do I, but sure enough there it is! Should clarify to say half the restaurants that would have hot sauce on the table...:-)
Sounds like a different place, than the MN I grew up in, back in the 60s-70s :-)
I have the Lee Kum Kee brand of Sriracha, and like it a lot.
Also Frank's, that sh*t's good on everything :-)
[Reply]
pektel 09:41 AM 02-04-2012
Yup. It's a preservative filled world. I still refrigerate this as well, though.
I used to. The GF for some reason doesn't like cold ketchup, so in the pantry it stays. She uses it on way more stuff than I do, so no biggie. I do refrigerate sriracha though.
[Reply]
Stephen 09:47 AM 02-04-2012
Me too, but it's because I prefer my ketchup cold.
[Reply]
Stephen 09:48 AM 02-04-2012
I used to. The GF for some reason doesn't like cold ketchup, so in the pantry it stays. She uses it on way more stuff than I do, so no biggie. I do refrigerate sriracha though.
Originally Posted by Stephen:
Me too, but it's because I prefer my ketchup cold.
:-)
[Reply]
pektel 09:55 AM 02-04-2012
lol. I guess she's just weird.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 10:03 AM 02-04-2012
I don't know anyone that puts in the fridge. I guess you could, but never heard it being done.

I usually put in on my rice or noodles. Pretty much any Asian dish.
[Reply]
Zeuceone 10:10 AM 02-04-2012
I like to refrigerate my peanut butter.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:17 AM 02-04-2012
Originally Posted by BSB:
Sounds like a different place, than the MN I grew up in, back in the 60s-70s :-)
I have the Lee Kum Kee brand of Sriracha, and like it a lot.
Also Frank's, that sh*t's good on everything :-)
Is the Lee Kum Kee brand any different than Huy Fong as far as flavor is concerned?
[Reply]
pektel 10:19 AM 02-04-2012
Originally Posted by Zeuceone:
I like to refrigerate my vodka.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 10:20 AM 02-04-2012
Just had some turkey and sweet pepper breakfast burritos. Busted the Sriracha on them as usual. Mmmmmm.
I get it in the big bottle. I leave it in the spice cupboard. I go through it fast enough I have never really noticed a degradation of flavor or oxidation.
Then again, I have the palate of a goat.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 10:22 AM 02-04-2012
Originally Posted by Zeuceone:
I like to refrigerate my vodka.
Mmmm. Peanut butter flavored vodka.
Wait...
er... uh... nevermind.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 45 > Last »