Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 34 > Last »
Good Eats>Huy Fong - Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
cricky101 09:28 AM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by mkarnold1:
The Tapatio stuff is good. I've only tried it in Mexican restaurants, never had it in my fridge. The issue that I see with it is that it is in a small bottle and does not have as much kick as the rooster sauce, so I think that I would go through it very quickly.
I use the Sriracha sauce most often but have a jug of Tapatio in the fridge too. I usually put it on Mexican food while I put Sriracha on everything.

They sell big bottles of Tapatio at Cub Foods near me and it is super cheap -- I think a 32-oz bottle was around $5!
[Reply]
mkarnold1 09:32 AM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by cricky101:
I use the Sriracha sauce most often but have a jug of Tapatio in the fridge too. I usually put it on Mexican food while I put Sriracha on everything.

They sell big bottles of Tapatio at Cub Foods near me and it is super cheap -- I think a 32-oz bottle was around $5!
Good to know they make a large size. I have a quart of Valentina muy picante in fridge right now that I'm working on. It is pretty similar in flavor and kick to the tapatio. I usually hit Sam's for groceries, but there's a Cub nearby that I may pay a visit to in the near future.
[Reply]
pektel 09:35 AM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by mkarnold1:
The Tapatio stuff is good. I've only tried it in Mexican restaurants, never had it in my fridge. The issue that I see with it is that it is in a small bottle and does not have as much kick as the rooster sauce, so I think that I would go through it very quickly.
Sometimes I'm not in the mood for "real spicy" so it may be a nice addition for me then!
[Reply]
OLS 09:49 AM 01-31-2012
I like Tabasco because it is unique. I like Texas Pete cause it is salty. I pass the Sriracha everyday at
El Supermercado de Winchester. Might need to pick one up, but I use so little hot sauce now. I used
to think it was great, but the old recturoo no likee no mo. A$$ pain is the one kind of pain I just won't
incur. Nachos without Jalapenos seems like a travesty, but again, just ain't goin' there anymore.
[Reply]
Carmack 11:49 AM 01-31-2012
The chunky jar version with garlic is really good too.
[Reply]
NeuRon 12:26 PM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Never heard of the Hung Frog stuff.
well thank you sir.. this made me spit out my protein shake. LOL :-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 12:34 PM 01-31-2012
Just e-mailed the wife to add it to shopping list. :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 01:29 PM 01-31-2012
I use it all the time! Great Stuff!
[Reply]
Dave128 01:31 PM 01-31-2012
Sriracha is always within reach at my house. Discovered it about a year ago.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 04:09 PM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by pektel:
Sometimes I'm not in the mood for "real spicy" so it may be a nice addition for me then!
That's what I was thinking too...
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 04:09 PM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by BigRonS:
well thank you sir.. this made me spit out my protein shake. LOL :-)
Glad I'm not the only one who caught that:-):-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:54 PM 02-03-2012
Bought a big bottle based on this thread, and I am about to go upstairs and make some eggs and try it for the first time. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 09:55 PM 02-03-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Bought a big bottle based on this thread, and I am about to go upstairs and make some eggs and try it for the first time. :-)
It's good $hit, Brother.
[Reply]
jluck 09:56 PM 02-03-2012
X2 don't be stingy pour it on! :-)
[Reply]
Mattso3000 09:57 PM 02-03-2012
:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:19 PM 02-03-2012
Ok, I had it.

Better kick than I thought it would have....BIG plus!

Great flavor....awesome.

3 big thumbs up! Thanks for the recommendation, Nate and everyone! Glad I bought the big bottle!

:-) :-) :-)

One question...does it need to be refrigerated?
[Reply]
pnoon 10:22 PM 02-03-2012
Ok, I had it.

Great flavor....awesome.

3 big thumbs up! Thanks for the recommendation, Nate and everyone! Glad I bought the big bottle!

Yep. After opening.
Just like ketchup, bbq sauce, etc.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:25 PM 02-03-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Yep. After opening.
Thanks, needed to know that before bedtime, Peter! :-)

I figured since many hot sauces don't require it, this might not either. Glad I asked.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 10:32 PM 02-03-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Yep. After opening.
Disagree. Hot sauce does not need refrigeration.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:38 PM 02-03-2012
Ok, I had it.

Great flavor....awesome.

Glad you enjoyed it Tom. It's awesome stuff, I could go for some pizza right now with Sriracha:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 34 > Last »
Up