Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Good Eats>Boiled Peanuts
Dave128 09:02 AM 11-18-2011
Living in Upstate NY my entire life, I've never had the pleasure of eating boiled peanuts.
[Reply]
Parshooter 11:32 AM 11-18-2011
LOVE THEM. Used to buy them at Green's Package Store in Atlanta. They had them in the beer cooler. I would eat them cold, or they could be nuked if you wanted them hot.
[Reply]
hammondc 11:38 AM 11-18-2011
Originally Posted by Dave128:
Living in Upstate NY my entire life, I've never had the pleasure of eating boiled peanuts.
Make yourself a batch. I have a neighbor here that is from 'Bahhfahloh' and she is hooked.
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 11:44 AM 11-18-2011
The only time I had them is when my uncle or cousin would bring them back from the FSU games.
[Reply]
OLS 11:49 AM 11-18-2011
Originally Posted by hammondc:
You have to be careful not to overcook them or they will turn out really mushy. .
Ha, it ain't the mushy that gets em...it's the cold and wet.
[Reply]
Starscream 12:04 PM 11-18-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
Ha, it ain't the mushy that gets em...it's the cold and wet.
They're much better when they're fresh and hot, right out of the pot.
[Reply]
Powers 12:06 PM 11-18-2011
Originally Posted by Dave128:
I was born 'n raised in North Florida. I remember as a kid eatin' boiled peanuts every summer and fall. At about 12 yrs old I was over at a buddy's house and he asked me if I wanted any peanuts. When I said yeah, he handed me a jar of Planters and I said "these aren't peanuts!" cause I'd NEVER had any other kind of peanuts but boiled :-)
[Reply]
Dave128 12:30 PM 11-18-2011
Where does one get green peanuts to boil? I'm not sure I've ever seen them around here.
[Reply]
Volusianator 02:37 PM 11-18-2011
No, a friend brought them.

Originally Posted by Starscream:
Did you get them from an old man on the side of the road (near Ghost Town)? That guy makes the best boiled peanuts EVER! Although I'm not sure he's even around anymore.

[Reply]
CEC_Tech 09:06 PM 03-12-2012
I got a quart jar of shine from a co-worker awhile back who has some land in South Carolina, she brought me some boiled peanuts she made and told me to eat them while drinking the shine. Made a believer out of me!
[Reply]
grinsebring 01:05 PM 10-23-2012
As a transplant Floridian from New Hampshire I have to say it's a southern thing. I never heard of them till I got down here 10 years ago. Since every swinging d*** sells them along the highway I had to give them a try. I bought a cupfull from a merchant along rte 27. Ate one, had the notion it maybe was a bad one in the batch.....wrong, the second was a gooey as the first. I now travel only in the left lane to avoid swerving out of control when I pass a sign warning of fresh boiled peanuts ahead. My grandfather limburger cheese was an epicurean delight compared to those things
[Reply]
Zane 02:14 PM 10-23-2012
I have tried these several times while in the south. They are just not for me.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 02:27 PM 01-24-2013
First and only time I had them was when I was visiting friends in Pearl, MS. Definitely different.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up