Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 270
1 231151101 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
tuxpuff 03:24 PM 09-22-2009
Have something in your smoker? Let's see some pics!

Fired mine up last weekend for the football games.

Pork butt, brisket, couple racks of ribs, and bbq beans.

[Reply]
KalisGR3 04:37 PM 09-22-2009
Ummmm....Can I come over?:-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 04:46 PM 09-22-2009
Killer looking bark on the butt and brisket!!!! What happened to the rest of the flat on that brisket??? Did you eat it already before the pic??:-):-)
[Reply]
tuxpuff 04:59 PM 09-22-2009
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Killer looking bark on the butt and brisket!!!! What happened to the rest of the flat on that brisket??? Did you eat it already before the pic??:-):-)
It was a short flat...or a big point...one or the other! :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 05:05 PM 09-22-2009
IMO you got the best of the brisket anyway... the point with a little bit of the flat!!!! I bet it was tasty!!
[Reply]
tuxpuff 05:29 PM 09-22-2009
Heck yea..we call it the 'wet' over here...and it sure was wet and oh so yummy.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:11 PM 09-22-2009
My family will hardly eat sliced brisket anymore. They want point that is cooked until it is black, then cubed, then seasoned with some more rub, then sauced and put back on the smoker for a while (burnt ends). I have actually started cubing the whole brisket and doing the whole thing like that. MMMMmmmm!!!
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:13 PM 09-22-2009
BTW... I love your Dutch Oven for beans!!! That one looks like it has seen the smoker once or twice!!
[Reply]
tuxpuff 06:56 PM 09-22-2009
Man that sounds delicious! I'm a big fan of the burnt ends :-)

Haha yeah that dutch oven has been around the block a few times...makes a nice pot of beans.
[Reply]
raisin 07:01 PM 09-25-2009
Mastectomy!

BTW... I love your Dutch Oven for beans!!! That one looks like it has seen the smoker once or twice!!
On the Weber Smoky Mountain you can place the bean pot on the bottom shelf and the butts on the top shelf. The pork fat renders into the beans and introduces a richness that is :-)

I picked up a nice Waygu flat that i'm going to cure and turn into pastrami. I'm hoping that the high fat content will produce a similiar mouth-feel to the beef plate that they use in the traditional preparation.
(btw, i've experienced Waygu deckle (point), and it is sickenly rich.)
[Reply]
T.G 08:08 PM 09-25-2009
After seeing the tuxpuff's photo, I am not even going to bother embarrassing myself by posting photos.
[Reply]
tuxpuff 07:31 AM 09-26-2009
Bah! Post em up T.G!
[Reply]
tuxpuff 07:32 AM 09-26-2009
Another week of football...another pork butt and brisket. So far 8 hours on the butt...10 hours on the brisket.

[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:40 AM 09-27-2009
How much smoke gets added to the baked beans? I would imagine a lot if they are in there for a while.

Not doing anything with the WSM this weekend.

One thing I suggest all to try when using their smoker is making smoked salt. Put a cup of salt on a plate and just leave in the smoker. Stir it a couple of times and that's it. It's wonderful to use in food; gives it a hint of smoke.

Try with eggs, tomatoes, meats cooked inside... List goes on and on...
[Reply]
raisin 08:58 AM 09-27-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
How much smoke gets added to the baked beans? I would imagine a lot if they are in there for a while.

Not doing anything with the WSM this weekend.

One thing I suggest all to try when using their smoker is making smoked salt. Put a cup of salt on a plate and just leave in the smoker. Stir it a couple of times and that's it. It's wonderful to use in food; gives it a hint of smoke.

Try with eggs, tomatoes, meats cooked inside... List goes on and on...
The beans taste of smoke, but not as much as the meat. Putting the beans under the butt (lol), you get more smoke and spice as the pot collects everything that drips off of the butt. They are the ultimate beans.

Smoked salt is great (roast beef sandwich...) and smoking your own is incredibly cheaper than buying it on the web!:-)
[Reply]
raisin 09:04 AM 09-27-2009
Originally Posted by tuxpuff:
Another week of football...another pork butt and brisket. So far 8 hours on the butt...10 hours on the brisket.

Those Texas steers must be not as long as cows in the NE, either that or you trim off the prospective shoe-leather before smoking...
[Reply]
captain53 09:31 AM 09-27-2009
Originally Posted by tuxpuff:
Man that sounds delicious! I'm a big fan of the burnt ends :-)

Haha yeah that dutch oven has been around the block a few times...makes a nice pot of beans.
Up here in MO burnt ends are a big thing and I have grown to luv them! :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 04:02 PM 09-29-2009
Originally Posted by raisin:

On the Weber Smoky Mountain you can place the bean pot on the bottom shelf and the butts on the top shelf. The pork fat renders into the beans and introduces a richness that is :-)
Awesome idea!

BTW, do you have a bean recipe you care to share?
[Reply]
kgoings 05:08 PM 09-29-2009
Great pics!
[Reply]
raisin 05:57 PM 09-29-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Awesome idea!

BTW, do you have a bean recipe you care to share?
I always trust Alton Brown's...

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...ipe/index.html
[Reply]
Page 1 of 270
1 231151101 > Last »
Up