Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Good Eats>1st attempt at smoking/grilling ribs tomorrow
BengalMan 04:49 PM 06-01-2009
Thanks to everyone's help through my first experience. You've all successfully added another addiction to my already long list of them.
[Reply]
Volt 04:57 PM 06-01-2009
Originally Posted by BengalMan:
Ahhh. I have a 3 burner grill, but I put the similar cast iron smoke box on top of the grill grate which probably didn't give it enough heat. I turned the middle and left burners off and had the ribs to the far left, the smoke box on the far right. Next time I'll put the smoke box right on the burner and maybe turn the middle burner on low.

The ribs came out great, they weren't fall off the bone, but damn were they tasty. I have a feeling however that it had more to do with my merinade and rub than the smoking. I really don't think I got much smoke at all in them. Will try the above method next time. Maybe I'll do a london broil or brisket next time when I have a good 6-8 hours.

Very nice!!! On the london broil 2 to 2.5 hours is what it takes me. I have a hard time getting my temps to stay below 245* I really would prefer 225* or 235* for my temp. Usually pretty thin as compared to a brisket. As this is also a tougher piece of meat the lower the temp and teh longer you can coo it the better.

grilling is good for burgers, steaks and dogs. But the real art and fun happen with a BBQ session. Alot my flavors, the art of getting it "right" and I love the cooking experience. If you like a bit more spicier recipie, the one I posted is really good as is the dipping sauce.
[Reply]
Scottw 06:36 PM 06-01-2009
glad you enjoyed them! A few more times you will be a pro!
[Reply]
Volt 07:21 AM 06-02-2009
BTW, we never did get to see pics of those ribs.... BTW, a day later is no good for pics :-)
[Reply]
Opusfxd 06:00 PM 06-02-2009
Originally Posted by Volt:
BTW, we never did get to see pics of those ribs.... BTW, a day later is no good for pics :-)
No pics, didn't happen. Do it again! :-)
[Reply]
RonC 09:00 PM 06-07-2009
here is my last batch of ribs cooked on my gas grill. used the 3-2-1 method. indirect heat. 2 pans filled with water. racks on top of the pans. used foil pouch with about 2 cups of hickory. rubbed ribs with mustard, then dry rub, overnite in fridge. I had been using a weber smoker for years. moved, didnt bring it with me, and now i am too lazy. Gas grill was easier, and honestly, they turned out great. oh yeah, temp at 235
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up