Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Good Eats>grilling suggestions
JJG 04:12 PM 05-22-2009
Originally Posted by Shaerza:
:-) I make this all the time. Big scallops wrapped in bacon are great too.
oh hell yeah,

decision made: bacon wrapped shrimp and scallops it is! I know, I know

In the original post I did say I was trying to avoid wrapping stuff in bacon but I doubt I'll hear any complaints from my lady.

I may try and find those bubba burgers too

thanks for all the suggestions guys
[Reply]
Shaerza 06:46 PM 05-22-2009
Avoiding bacon is a silly thing to try and do! not to mention futile
[Reply]
blugill 06:56 PM 05-22-2009
Easy.
Grilled pork loin.
You can find them already marinated in the meat departments.
You trim off the silver skin and the extra fat.
Grill it, let it rest, cut it up, and it is Heaven on a plate!
[Reply]
acarr 12:34 AM 05-23-2009
Originally Posted by blugill:
Easy.
Grilled pork loin.
You can find them already marinated in the meat departments.
You trim off the silver skin and the extra fat.
Grill it, let it rest, cut it up, and it is Heaven on a plate!
I make these all the time although I don't use the marinated kind. I put some Tony Chachere's original creole seasoning on it. In fact I put this on everything I grill and nobody can ever figure out how I make the stuff so damn good.:-)
[Reply]
SmokinDuck 02:13 AM 05-23-2009
Originally Posted by MadAl:
I make my burgers like meatloaf, an egg and some oatmeal (or breadcrumbs) help bind it. I throw in A-1, some chopped onion, spicy mustard, a little hot sauce. Once you put the patties on the grill leave them for 5 minutes, mess with them too soon and they fall apart.
My mother's meatloaf was never really any good. Last month I was over there for dinner and the meatloaf was FANTASTIC. So I just had to comment on all the years of her meatloaf tasting like crap and making her feel better by saying that what I just ate was the best she ever made. Egg yes, oatmeal no...she added a packet of prime rib seasoning to the mix.

Last week I made myself some burgers for the grill, no egg, just the prime rib seasoning.

WOW, nothing more to say.

Although you need to have the proper proportion of meat to seasoning otherwise it will be too much seasoning. I mixed up enough meat to fill a meatloaf pan and squished in the seasoning, made patties out of all of it, grilled a few and froze the rest.

GOOD stuff.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up