Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Good Eats>Xristos Anehsti
billybarue 03:22 PM 05-05-2013
Happy Easter!

Over at Friends celebrating Easter. Indiana pasture raised 35 lb lamb on the spit over hardwood charcoal, Moussaka, stuffed vine leaves, marinated beans with beef, spinach pie, stuffed eggplant, stewed leeks w/tomatoes, pasticio, etc, etc, etc, etc. I can't even begin to name all the desserts.

Lots of good wine, ouzo, and Tsipouro.

Broke a box of Anejo 55's for the post dinner coma.

What a feed - I think I might switch to the Eastern branch!
[Reply]
pnoon 04:31 PM 05-05-2013
Originally Posted by billybarue:
Happy Easter!

Over at Friends celebrating Easter. Indiana pasture raised 35 lb lamb on the spit over hardwood charcoal, Moussaka, stuffed vine leaves, marinated beans with beef, spinach pie, stuffed eggplant, stewed leeks w/tomatoes, pasticio, etc, etc, etc, etc. I can't even begin to name all the desserts.

OMG. That menu sounds amazing. :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:00 PM 05-05-2013
Originally Posted by pnoon:
OMG. That menu sounds amazing. :-)
You ain't kidding. :-)
[Reply]
Coach Deg 03:41 AM 05-06-2013
Sounds Awesome!!!
[Reply]
Taki 05:46 AM 05-06-2013
Originally Posted by billybarue:
Happy Easter!

Sounds a lot like my menu over the weekend!! Good Choices for sure :-)
[Reply]
equetefue 07:21 AM 05-06-2013
amazing menu. Not far from what I had myself yesterday as well. Girlfriend is greek so needless to say, im still full lol
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 07:58 AM 05-06-2013
Originally Posted by Taki:
Sounds a lot like my menu over the weekend!! Good Choices for sure :-)
I needed to food pic this thread up, hope you don't mind me stealing your pic you lazy bastage Taki!

[Reply]
Taki 08:04 AM 05-06-2013
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I needed to food pic this thread up, hope you don't mind me stealing your pic you lazy bastage Taki!

Not at all...it's only half the lamb because there was so mimuch other food to go around! :-)
[Reply]
billybarue 02:43 PM 05-06-2013
The lamb is awesome right off the spit. Once it cools, it looses a lot. Best method, which the smart ones used, was load up your plate with everything else and either no lamb or very little lamb and routinely revisit the rotisserie for more meat. Without question every Greek family said they had a rotisserie very similar to the picture. When my host had his daughters wedding reception he said they had 5 lambs going and by the end of the event not a scrap of meat was left. Frankly, I like lamb more than beef, pork, or chicken. And cooked by a Greek straight off the spit is the best way to have it IMO.

I was in Larissa Greece two years ago visiting my brother on a NATO assignment. Every meal was better than the one before!! Tsipouro became a new favorite addiction.
[Reply]
Gabe215 03:36 PM 05-06-2013
Alithos Anesti ( Fellow Greek Orthodox Christian)
[Reply]
Up