Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Good Eats>Deep! Deep! Crust Hot and Ready from L.C.'s
OLS 12:10 PM 04-11-2013
What the heck, I put this in the Photography thread since I was eating it for lunch, but I had to use
a compact P&S camera to shoot it, so as a photograph, it'sa pretty a-poor, paisan. I went to
Piggly Wiggly to pick up a whole Ribeye since they were on sale, but since the store is in such a
bad neighborhood, you essentially have to ASK the butcher to bring you one out. Otherwise, dudes
be puttin em down dey pants leg and $hi+. And since there was no butcher in sight, I decided to just
go pick up a Hot and Ready Pizza from L.C.s. As 'luck' would have it, they were putting their new deep
dish pizza out as a H&R item, so I figured I would give it a shot. Spoiler alert, you might wanna pass.

As you can see from the photos, the pizza comes as two square pizzas in a box, and it is over an inch thick.
Before you start to drool, what you end up with is 4/5 crust and 1/5 cheese and sauce and pepps. Now granted,
for $8.00, you aren't gonna get Chicago Style Deep Dish ANYWHERE, but when you are L.C., maybe you shouldn't
TRY to do a deep dish if this is how you are gonna do it. Again, I would suggest passing on it
unless you are hungry, have $8.00, and do not care that it is a big-a55 box o crust. And when weighed
against their regular hot and ready pepperoni pizza, this thing is practically STACKED with toppings, lol.
Its ALSO $3.00 MORE than a standard H&R pizza, so that is not a fair comparison. So check out
the photos and judge for yourself.

TO ME, as a hot and ready item that you do not have to wait for, even with the extra three dollars
outlay, it is not a bad deal. But it is not what I would term a deep dish pizza. And you should know
going in what you will get.
Attached: SDC15300.jpg (65.0 KB) SDC15301.jpg (49.8 KB) SDC15307.jpg (43.1 KB) 
[Reply]
BigCat 12:49 PM 04-11-2013
Looks like Jet's pizza to me. I like Jets. I'll probably like this.
[Reply]
T.G 12:54 PM 04-11-2013
Originally Posted by OLS:
What the heck, I put this in the Photography thread since I was eating it for lunch, but I had to use
a compact P&S camera to shoot it, so as a photograph, it'sa pretty a-poor, paisan. I went to
Piggly Wiggly to pick up a whole Ribeye since they were on sale, but since the store is in such a
bad neighborhood, you essentially have to ASK the butcher to bring you one out. Otherwise, dudes
be puttin em down dey pants leg and $hi+. And since there was no butcher in sight, I decided to just
go pick up a Hot and Ready Pizza from L.C.s. As 'luck' would have it, they were putting their new deep
dish pizza out as a H&R item, so I figured I would give it a shot. Spoiler alert, you might wanna pass.

As you can see from the photos, the pizza comes as two square pizzas in a box, and it is over an inch thick.
Before you start to drool, what you end up with is 4/5 crust and 1/5 cheese and sauce and pepps. Now granted,
for $8.00, you aren't gonna get Chicago Style Deep Dish ANYWHERE, but when you are L.C., maybe you shouldn't
TRY to do a deep dish if this is how you are gonna do it. Again, I would suggest passing on it
unless you are hungry, have $8.00, and do not care that it is a big-a55 box o crust. And when weighed
against their regular hot and ready pepperoni pizza, this thing is practically STACKED with toppings, lol.
Its ALSO $3.00 MORE than a standard H&R pizza, so that is not a fair comparison. So check out
the photos and judge for yourself.

TO ME, as a hot and ready item that you do not have to wait for, even with the extra three dollars
outlay, it is not a bad deal. But it is not what I would term a deep dish pizza. And you should know
going in what you will get.

So, basically it sounds like this really belongs in "Mediocre Eats" or possibly even "Bad Eats", right?
[Reply]
OLS 01:13 PM 04-11-2013
Originally Posted by T.G:
So, basically it sounds like this really belongs in "Mediocre Eats" or possibly even "Bad Eats", right?
I'd vote mediocre. I ate half of it, so it was not dog food. And tomorrow I will eat the other half.
No one goes into that place expecting anything more than they get. The only reason I did not get
what I expected was I had talked myself into getting thick, gushy cheese and rich thick tomatoes
and lots of it...at least half and half, crust to toppings.
[Reply]
Up