Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Good Eats>Hog fish and scallops french...
rizzle 08:21 AM 06-14-2009
Instead of just battering and frying fish we like to cook it many different ways and try new things with it. So I see my local market has hog snapper in, which is one of my absolute favorite fish. Sounds like it's time for snapper french.
My wife makes a french sauce that is so good it'll make your momma cry. So last night we decided to add a few scallops in and see how they would do in the french sauce and serve it all on a bed of garlic mashed potatos.

Honey, hush yo mouf. That's living right there.
:-)
[Reply]
Mark C 07:32 PM 06-25-2009
I'll give, what's 'french sauce'? I'm assuming you don't mean the salad dressing...
[Reply]
icehog3 07:34 PM 06-25-2009
Recipe? :-)
[Reply]
Wolfgang 07:35 PM 06-25-2009
im not gonna lie that sounds mighty tasty.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 08:26 PM 06-25-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Recipe? :-)
[Reply]
Catfish 08:29 PM 06-25-2009
I definitely would like to read the recipe because I read garlic mashed potatoes and seafood and think heavy. I would think an angel hair pasta with an olive oil, garlic, lemon pepper sauce would be nice.
[Reply]
rizzle 09:28 AM 06-26-2009
Originally Posted by Mark C:
I'll give, what's 'french sauce'? I'm assuming you don't mean the salad dressing...
A "French" is basically a white wine, lemon, and butter based sauce. Similar to a Piccata. I'll see if I can get her recipe for it.

We use it for fish, chicken, artichokes, whatever really.

I know we prep the fish by dipping it in egg, dredging it in bread crumbs, and then doing that again before sauteeing it in butter to the point that it is almost done. Then we set it aside and at that point my chores are done and the wife takes over with the sauce. Once the sauce is ready we put the fish back into it to finish it off before serving.

It's fat free and delicious.:-)
[Reply]
rizzle 09:32 AM 06-26-2009
Originally Posted by Catfish:
I definitely would like to read the recipe because I read garlic mashed potatoes and seafood and think heavy. I would think an angel hair pasta with an olive oil, garlic, lemon pepper sauce would be nice.
Yeah, the potatoes definitely "heavied" it up David. Normally we cook broccoli or asparagus to go with it. Just decided to try something different to see how it would come out. And it was good but I much prefer asparagus. Part of the fun of cooking.
[Reply]
Catfish 10:15 AM 06-26-2009
indeed. My wife makes some chunky rustic style garlic mashed taters that will curl your toes. The smell of that garlic roasting in an oven................ wow.
[Reply]
rizzle 11:05 AM 06-26-2009
You know what I'm talking about. :-)
[Reply]
Mark C 02:15 PM 06-26-2009
That sounds good, gonna need that recipe or I'll have to get my Google on!
[Reply]
goalie204 02:31 PM 06-26-2009
"scallops french" - i woulda called em "french scallops" :P
[Reply]
Up