Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Good Eats>Quizno's Toasty Torpedo
Commander Quan 01:27 PM 05-28-2009
Has anyone tried these yet? I picked up one this afternoon, Here's the review;

They're tasty, but insanely stupid, and very aggravating to eat.

The bread is so thin I couldn't believe they could get anything to fit in there. When you eat it you have to take a bite and pull it out of the sleeve with your teeth to get the next bite. I'm not sure what would happen if you accidentally let the half eaten sandwich fall down inside the sleeve and since there is no good way to hold it meat and vegetables were falling out all over the place.

Bottom line, it's a great sandwich if you like tasty food, and also like holding it precariously while you lean over a waste paper basket so you don't get Italian Dressing on your shirt and pants while you eat. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:04 PM 05-28-2009
Thanks...been meaning to try these. So, we should have lots of napkins available?
[Reply]
DavenportESQ 02:13 PM 05-28-2009
Originally Posted by Commander Quan:
Has anyone tried these yet? I picked up one this afternoon, Here's the review;

They're tasty, but insanely stupid, and very aggravating to eat.

The bread is so thin I couldn't believe they could get anything to fit in there. When you eat it you have to take a bite and pull it out of the sleeve with your teeth to get the next bite. I'm not sure what would happen if you accidentally let the half eaten sandwich fall down inside the sleeve and since there is no good way to hold it meat and vegetables were falling out all over the place.

Bottom line, it's a great sandwich if you like tasty food, and also like holding it precariously while you lean over a waste paper basket so you don't get Italian Dressing on your shirt and pants while you eat. :-)
I saw that sleeve and asked them to just put it in the basket....

These are really tasty, and the perfect amount of food if your not starving. I think they did this right having a smaller serving size!
[Reply]
BlackDog 02:28 PM 05-28-2009
I had one the other day, Turkey Pesto. I thought it was very good.
[Reply]
bobarian 02:56 PM 05-28-2009
If you get it "To Go" be sure to hold the bag flat! if you hold it upright all the meat slides to the bottom. Then its IMPOSSIBLE to get out of the bag!:-)
[Reply]
Up