Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Aristocrat For Sale
jimdandy 02:39 PM 10-09-2012
This may not be the correct place for this post; if that is the case, my apologies. A friend of mine has been diagnosed with liver disease and was told to discontinue smoking. Therefor, along with selling off most (he is a bit stubborn) of his cigars he also needs to sell his humidor. I thought there might be some interest as this is an exceptionally nice piece. He is asking $7500 for it; I believe it is a ten or eleven thousand dollar humidor. Please let me know if there is any interest and I will get you his contact info.
Attached: Arist-Armoire_THC-Crotch_Raised_Panel_side-321-600.jpg (78.5 KB) Arist-Armoire_THC-Crotch_Raised_Panel_side-332-600.jpg (91.9 KB) 
[Reply]
markem 02:44 PM 10-09-2012
It would be good to know exactly what model it is and what the upgrades are. The one you picture goes in the $3500-$4000 range, but upgrades could drive the price well beyond that.

The upgrades on my mxt cost well over the price of the base cabinet.

A location would also be handy, since shipping could get expensive.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:43 PM 10-09-2012
Does he have any pictures of his actual humidor? I know if I was thinking about shelling out 7K+, I wouldn't want pics off Bob's website, I would want pics of what I was buying specifically. :-)
[Reply]
jimdandy 06:53 AM 10-10-2012
I will work on getting the exact specs with all the upgrades and actual pictures. It is located in Lubbock, Texas.
[Reply]
x man 08:56 AM 10-10-2012
Sorry to hear about your friend.
[Reply]
jimdandy 09:55 AM 10-10-2012
Still working on pics where it sits, but here are the specs.

Mxt Plus THC 4874 w digital temp & RH control
Dark Red Mahogany**
Large 2" crown molding
Medium Bullnose
Raised Panel crotch mahogany side panels
Raised Panel crotch mahogany doors
5 ea full extension shelves
1 ea full extension drawer/loose cigars
Standard base molding
lock & keys
[Reply]
jimdandy 10:41 AM 10-10-2012
Originally Posted by x man:
Sorry to hear about your friend.
Thank you, he is actually doing really well. They cut his medication way down and he is getting some of his energy back. I don't think he has been smoking at all, but I know he isn't going to give it up completely because his vino-temp is still packed. I think he will enjoy them few and far between though.
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:01 AM 10-10-2012
John...first of all, that cabinet is beautiful!! I'm a little confused though. I have been on Bobs' site and priced the set up...with all the upgrades and still can't figure out where $10-11K comes from? Hell, I'm capping out at like $ 6900...and that's with the $ 300 white glove delivery. :-) :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:04 AM 10-10-2012
Mac, those pictures are off Bob Staebell's site, not specifically of the humidor for sale...just for clarification.
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:08 AM 10-10-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Mac, those pictures are off Bob Staebell's site, not specifically of the humidor for sale...just for clarification.
I got that Tom...thanks! I priced a Mxt Plus THC 4874 with all the specs and still can't get it to total $ 10-11K...like I said, I capped out at around $ 6900. Maybe it's that Pennsylvania math. :-) :-)
[Reply]
jimdandy 12:53 PM 10-10-2012
Well, I did say I believe it is that expensive. I'll tell you what, I will find out if he still has the original invoice.

At $7k or $10k it's way out of my price range so I never tried to price it with the options. In fact, I can't figure out how you would price it off the site anyway, every option I can find a price on is $X and up.... So :-)

I'm not trying to pull a fast one on anybody, just trying to help a friend out. Perhaps I should've researched a little more before posting...:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:44 PM 10-10-2012
Originally Posted by jimdandy:
Well, I did say I believe it is that expensive. I'll tell you what, I will find out if he still has the original invoice.

At $7k or $10k it's way out of my price range so I never tried to price it with the options. In fact, I can't figure out how you would price it off the site anyway, every option I can find a price on is $X and up.... So :-)

I'm not trying to pull a fast one on anybody, just trying to help a friend out. Perhaps I should've researched a little more before posting...:-)
I see what I did now, I was looking at the MXt and not the Plus...the listed MXt Plus with THC-Temp & RH control starts out at $7299.00. Add all the upgrades and I can now see how this put him back $ 10-11K. Please excuse my mistake. :-)

And the Mxt has some prices listing for upgrades...
"Shown at right- Mxt 26.5 with options:
Mxt 26.5 - $1969.00
Crown Molding--$160.00
Ellipse Edge Inlay Top-$299.00
Upper Raised Panel Doors-$295.00
Lower Raised Panel Doors-250.00
Central locking system-$75.00"
[Reply]
jimdandy 01:59 PM 10-10-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
I see what I did now, I was looking at the MXt and not the Plus...the listed MXt Plus with THC-Temp & RH control starts out at $7299.00. Add all the upgrades and I can now see how this put him back $ 10-11K. Please excuse my mistake. :-)

"
No biggie; all I know is that if I had the cash I would have bought it the first time I saw it. Of course I'm assuming I could have bargained on all the cigars within too :-)
[Reply]
jimdandy 03:33 PM 10-10-2012
Ok, I was a little heavy on the price. I must have been accounting for inflation and sales tax! The following is copy and paste of an email from Bob:

Here are the details:

Mxt Plus THC 4874 w digital temp & RH control-$6199.00
Dark Red Mahogany**
Large 2" crown molding-$200.00
Medium Bullnose-$300.00
Raised Panel crotch mahogany side panels-$1600.00
Raised Panel crotch mahogany doors-$1600.00
5 ea full extension shelves-$300.00
1 ea full extension drawer/loose cigars
Standard base molding
lock & keys
hardware to be selected

subtotal-$9000.00
shipping-$250-300.00

**Crotch mahogany panels to be slightly lighter than case work.

Here is the link for hardware. If you select knobs 1 1/2" is about the max diamter. Handles can be in the 3-4" range on centers.
http://www.knobdeco.com/index.php

I will look forward to working with you. I will keep you posted on progress via email

cheers,
Bob Staebell

This was built in 2009

He also told me he would certainly consider offers.
[Reply]
Briscoe77 11:19 AM 09-15-2014
Was wondering if this unit was still for sale??
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 12:05 PM 09-15-2014
Well the thread is 2 years old.
[Reply]
jpb437 12:37 PM 09-15-2014
Shucks, and he created an account just to see if it was still around.
[Reply]
SuperLou 11:57 AM 07-08-2016
Originally Posted by jimdandy:
This may not be the correct place for this post; if that is the case, my apologies. A friend of mine has been diagnosed with liver disease and was told to discontinue smoking. Therefor, along with selling off most (he is a bit stubborn) of his cigars he also needs to sell his humidor. I thought there might be some interest as this is an exceptionally nice piece. He is asking $7500 for it; I believe it is a ten or eleven thousand dollar humidor. Please let me know if there is any interest and I will get you his contact info.
I know this post is 3 years old, I hope your friend is doing well. If the cabinet still for sale?
[Reply]
icehog3 12:32 PM 07-08-2016
Originally Posted by SuperLou:
I know this post is 3 years old, I hope your friend is doing well. If the cabinet still for sale?
jimdandy hasn't logged on here for 9 months.
[Reply]
heyferg 03:11 PM 07-08-2016
Originally Posted by icehog3:
jimdandy hasn't logged on here for 9 months.
Probably just playin' hard to get! :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up