Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 102 of 270
« First < 25292100101102 103104112152202 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
nofeardiver 09:11 AM 05-05-2011
Nice looking pizza, i havent braved the home made pizza dough yet, i have been buying the premade one at the store, which actually turns out to be really good, i bet not as goods as home made. Is the home made tuff to make?
[Reply]
pnoon 09:41 AM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by nofeardiver:
Nice looking pizza, i havent braved the home made pizza dough yet, i have been buying the premade one at the store, which actually turns out to be really good, i bet not as goods as home made. Is the home made tuff to make?
Not at all. Quite simple, actually. And I usually make 3 or 4 at a time. They freeze well and I pull one and put it in the fridge the night before. When I get home from work, I take it out of the fridge and let it come to room temp and I'm ready to rock and roll.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Mr B 09:42 AM 05-05-2011
Smoked up a big batch of Paprika last night. I forgot pics, DOH!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 10:46 AM 05-05-2011
Peter, how'd that Caputo flour work out for you? And how hot can you get your Traeger for doing pizza?
[Reply]
Ahbroody 11:27 AM 05-05-2011
Looking like ribs today. Pregnant wife asked. Need to keep her happy.
[Reply]
pnoon 11:31 AM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Peter, how'd that Caputo flour work out for you? And how hot can you get your Traeger for doing pizza?
The flour was great.
I believe the temp is ~450.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Steve 11:38 AM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Looking like ribs today. Pregnant wife asked. Need to keep her happy.
A very smart man right there!!!
[Reply]
Ahbroody 11:55 AM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by steve:
A very smart man right there!!!
Trying. After 3 you get the hang of it.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 12:19 PM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
The flour was great.
I believe the temp is ~450.
Posted via Mobile Device
Unfortunately I haven't cooked a pizza in months since I found out my blood sugar was wacky. Still trying to research a decent lower carb dough recipe. Not sure how I feel about eggs and cream in my dough, but I've found a number that call for those.
[Reply]
OLS 12:22 PM 05-05-2011
Well no ribs this weekend....boss came up to me today and said, "hey, I volunteered you to shoot my 50th
class reunion weekend." So that's two days of fun there, weekend shot, no re-charge for the week to come.
It goes without saying I won't be getting laid, I mean, that never happens anyway. But you know, maybe this
was gonna be the weekend. Ah, I guess that's all part of doing almost nothing 5 days a week and getting paid
to be there. One day, you pay.
[Reply]
OLS 01:34 PM 05-05-2011
Haha, RIBS ARE BACK ON, baby! I was charging all the batteries and the boss says, What are you up to?
I told him and he says, well that reunion ain't til JUNE. I have never had more than 2 days notice for any
out of town trip, so needless to say I think HE just found out it wasn't til June, lol, but regardless, I get to
cook this weekend in the GORGEOUS COOL WEATHER. Well unless it gets hot, of course. It better not.

I am going to cook spares for the first time in a year. I hope I don't retch, lol. I am so spoiled by the BBRs.
NO squirrel this weekend, though. Maybe some chicken wings, legs or sumpin. Of course now I get to dread
a weekend of following the boss around with a camera for a month. It was gonna be like pulling off a bandaid,
now it's major surgery.
[Reply]
forgop 10:23 AM 05-06-2011
My last attempt didn't turn out as well as I hoped. I seasoned with Plowboys jerk on my pork and bovine bold on the beef. For wood, I smoked with apple, hickory, and oak. I think that I have officially experienced "too much smoke". I didn't feel like I put that much on it.
[Reply]
nofeardiver 10:29 AM 05-06-2011
Not at all. Quite simple, actually. And I usually make 3 or 4 at a time. They freeze well and I pull one and put it in the fridge the night before. When I get home from work, I take it out of the fridge and let it come to room temp and I'm ready to rock and roll.
Posted via Mobile Device
how do you make it if you dont mine sharing, as long as its not like an old family reciepe of something...LOL thanks
[Reply]
T.G 11:09 AM 05-06-2011
Homemade pizza dough w/tomato sauce, salami, black olive, shredded mozzarella, garlic powder, oregano, basil, red and black pepper.

before:

after:

Awesome.

That's one of the shortfalls of my smoker that miss the most. Doesn't do pizza well and they have to be very small.
[Reply]
pnoon 11:13 AM 05-06-2011
how do you make it if you dont mine sharing, as long as its not like an old family reciepe of something...LOL thanks
I'll post something in the Recipe sub-forum this evening. When it comes to cooking, I have no secrets.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
T.G 11:24 AM 05-06-2011
I'll post something in the Recipe sub-forum this evening. When it comes to cooking, I have no secrets.
Posted via Mobile Device
So....

...nah, too easy.

:-)
[Reply]
forgop 01:06 PM 05-06-2011
Is there a "smoking for dummies" on how to get enough smoke but not too much? I had success the first 2 attempts but the last time was a bit much IMO.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 01:08 PM 05-06-2011
Dan, you got Publix in your area? Most of the Publix bakeries carry pizza dough if you ask them.
[Reply]
OnlyDryReds 01:17 PM 05-06-2011
Ive used a bread machine to make some pretty tasty pizza dough.
[Reply]
wayner123 01:30 PM 05-06-2011
Originally Posted by forgop:
Is there a "smoking for dummies" on how to get enough smoke but not too much? I had success the first 2 attempts but the last time was a bit much IMO.
A few questions on your setup will help.

1. What charcoal and wood combo are you using?

2. How long are you waiting before you put on the meat?

3. How long are you smoking the meat for?
[Reply]
Page 102 of 270
« First < 25292100101102 103104112152202 > Last »
Up