Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Fixing A Glass Topped Humidor With Pictures
Stephen 11:13 AM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
No idea what the humidor is. It belongs to a member here, Scott (sofaman). Stephen has the same one. His screen name is, craftily, Stephen.
Maybe one of those guys knows the model name?
They're pretty, that's for sure. :-)
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
It's a Salerno Humidor. I have one too that I used to use. Leaks like a sinking ship. I might try ripping it apart just to see if I could fix it, if not, no big loss lol.
Correct. I received mine a couple of years ago as a Christmas present from my fiancé so mind holds a certain centimental value. I just recently (within the past couple of months) fired it back up as my vinodor was filled to the gills. I'm not near the handyman (or motivated) as Scott is, so I just put some beads and an Oasis XL Plus in there.:-)
[Reply]
shilala 01:32 PM 02-02-2012
I had one much like it a long time ago. I had a ton of beads and a Hydra in there. I still couldn't keep the humidity up in the winter, no matter what.
The lid lifted up and had an overhang, so fixing it would have been a pain. I farmed it out and got a couple winadors. And cigar jars. And put up shelves. And got a display humi. And got two little display humi's. And some rubbermaid tubs. And stuff. :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 01:42 PM 02-02-2012
Great post(s)! Very informative!
[Reply]
fencefixer 06:49 PM 02-08-2012
Very much appreciated. Thanks for posting this! I'll be weather stripping mine.. luckily no glass I have to worry about.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up