Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Shipping error in my favor!
Bageland2000 01:22 PM 12-30-2011
So I know in the future I can blame my girlfriend for the slope that I just fell off of. She bought me a little display humi for Xmas. The problem is that it showed up broken. She called the company and they sent a replacement right away. A replacement that was like 3 times the size! I'm currently seasoning this bad boy now. I'm thinking a pound of beads in a bag should be good. Anyone with experience think differently?

I'm just excited to have enough storage for actual boxes of cigars now. Definitely an upgrade to my little desktop. :-)

[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 01:27 PM 12-30-2011
Very nice Andrew! You gotta hand it to whoever the company was for going above and beyond to take care of you like that! Good job to them! :-)

I don't know much about the beads but when I do get my nice size humi I will be getting the Shilala beads. They are supposed to be guaranteed forever and keep your humi right around 65 RH never needing any type of upkeep.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 01:33 PM 12-30-2011
That is sweet. I would love to get something like that one day. Cooler and desk top for now.
[Reply]
Bageland2000 01:33 PM 12-30-2011
I have a medium heartfelt 65% tube in my desktop that I like. I'm just trying to figure out how much I need. I think the company was Famous but I'll have to check...
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 01:34 PM 12-30-2011
Do they know they re-sent the wrong humidor?
[Reply]
irratebass 01:35 PM 12-30-2011
Andrew that's awesome brother. Make sure you update this thread when you fill her up
[Reply]
Bageland2000 01:42 PM 12-30-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Do they know they re-sent the wrong humidor?
Yea my GF talked to them, It was a gift so when I probed the issue she just told me to shut up haha:-)
[Reply]
Bageland2000 01:43 PM 12-30-2011
Originally Posted by irratebass:
Andrew that's awesome brother. Make sure you update this thread when you fill her up
of course...I guess I know where my tax return is going
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 01:45 PM 12-30-2011
Originally Posted by Bageland2000:
Yea my GF talked to them, It was a gift so when I probed the issue she just told me to shut up haha:-)
She may have bought the larger one and acted as if she didn't too. :-)

If they don't know, I would make sure they did. One thing this place takes pride in, is encouraging it's members to be honest and honorable in all aspects of life.

Even if the outcome is not in our favor.

:-)

Don't store long term in there. Too much light access.
[Reply]
Bageland2000 01:51 PM 12-30-2011
If they don't know, I would make sure they did. One thing this place takes pride in, is encouraging it's members to be honest and honorable in all aspects of life.

Even if the outcome is not in our favor.

:-)
Oh I know. Integrity all the way brother :-) Like I said she assured me that they knew what was up. When I asked about the details is when she told me not to worry about it. Neither of us would take advantage of anyone like that. I appreciate the encouragement:-)

Is the light a factor of actual sun rays or because of temperature fluctuation? I already planned on getting it away from the window, just don't have anywhere to leave it ATM.
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:24 PM 12-30-2011
And it's still empty. :-)
[Reply]
Bageland2000 02:27 PM 12-30-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
And it's still empty. :-)
it's seeeeeaasoning:-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 02:30 PM 12-30-2011
Too much light is an issue any way you look at it Andrew,be it thermal or humidity,the light will affect it.
Either a dark space or cover might help.
[Reply]
Remo 02:56 PM 12-30-2011
Awesome!!! Great humi!
[Reply]
mithrilG60 02:58 PM 01-04-2012
Don't store long term in there. Too much light access.
Could always use auto tint on the side and rear glass to reduce light and better allow for long term storage.
[Reply]
aaron72 05:40 PM 01-04-2012
A pound of beads will be plenty for that storage area.
[Reply]
Taki 06:16 PM 01-04-2012
Thats a great looking Humi...and I understand its seasoning but you better fill it quick otherwise some guys on here might get the wrong/right idea and fill it for you!!! :-)
I have a slightly smaller version which is a great way to display your smokes but be careful where you store it, keep it out of the sunlight otherwise it will heat up in no time due to the glass....looks awesome :-)
[Reply]
Bageland2000 08:34 PM 01-04-2012
UGH definitely just won my first few auctions on the Devil site. ***FYI**** (I'm sure most of you know this already) The bid doesn't work like it does on eBay. I used it like max bid and ended up over-paying. There were six lots. One went for $19, four for $22, and I won for $25. I assumed that it wouldn't automatically over-bid....wrong. I guess that's what Max bid is for. :-):-):-)

BUT, I'm trying to fill it, it's going to take some effort.
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 08:40 PM 01-04-2012
I really like the style of those. One of these days I plan to upgrade from my desktop to something similar.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 05:08 PM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by Bageland2000:
Oh I know. Integrity all the way brother :-) Like I said she assured me that they knew what was up. When I asked about the details is when she told me not to worry about it. Neither of us would take advantage of anyone like that. I appreciate the encouragement:-)
:-) very cool.

Enjoy the new humi.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up