Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Humi-care hg1000 pro
Ncpsycho 08:10 AM 02-10-2012
Has anyone ever used a humi-care hg1000 pro .... Im doing a 28 bottle wineador and was thinking of using one of these ..... Wuld probably also throw some beads in to help keep itsteady
[Reply]
aich75013 08:14 AM 02-10-2012
You shouldn't need it in a wineador. Just plug the drain and throw in some beads and you should be good.
I have about 2lbs of beads in mine and I rarely add any distilled water.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:19 AM 02-10-2012
Originally Posted by aich75013:
You shouldn't need it in a wineador. Just plug the drain and throw in some beads and you should be good.
I have about 2lbs of beads in mine and I rarely add any distilled water.
What Adrian said. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:38 AM 02-10-2012
Active humidification like the Humi Care are overkill for wine coolers... Beads work great (but I am biased :-) )...
[Reply]
Ncpsycho 10:15 AM 02-10-2012
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Active humidification like the Humi Care are overkill for wine coolers... Beads work great (but I am biased :-) )...
hahaha--- I bought shilala beads for my desktop and after 2 weeks of seasoning it no matter what I did it kept dropping ---thought it was the beads but when I put the sticks in a tupperware for 2 weeks with the beads the hygro stayed between 65% and 68% so this humi must be like a colinder... Ill buy the beads for the wineador
[Reply]
Ncpsycho 10:23 AM 02-10-2012
I typed in the dimensions on the shilala site it says 8 oz for 24x14x13 ---should I just get 2 - 8oz bags to be on the safe side or do I really need more like 2lbs?
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:34 AM 02-10-2012
A pound would be fine.
[Reply]
Ncpsycho 10:38 AM 02-10-2012
ill put the order in tonight while there still on sale.... Also im putting in a fan---wheres the best place for the beads- on the bottom by the fan?
[Reply]
dwoodward 11:08 AM 02-10-2012
Originally Posted by Ncpsycho:
I typed in the dimensions on the shilala site it says 8 oz for 24x14x13 ---should I just get 2 - 8oz bags to be on the safe side or do I really need more like 2lbs?
2x the amount is always plenty. Some of the people here are just super protective of their smokes so they would rather have 3-4x so their humidors rebound faster after opening and searching for a stick.

ill put the order in tonight while there still on sale.... Also im putting in a fan---wheres the best place for the beads- on the bottom by the fan?
If you can, I'd put one bag on the bottom and another towards the top. But that's just my theory lol
[Reply]
jluck 01:29 PM 02-10-2012
You don't think He would put up a inaccurate calculator do you,especially one that could sell half the product someone may need?:-) Have faith man and make sure you don't have any leaks.:-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:52 PM 02-10-2012
I would put the beads where they will be exposed to the most airflow... Whether that is together or split up between top and bottom or side-to-side will be up to you and how you fill your humidor.
[Reply]
shilala 02:05 PM 02-10-2012
If you're using a 28 bottle winador, my guess is that it's compressor driven?
I don't know of any 28 bottle thermoelectrics.
My guess is you're getting a Frigidaire at Lowe's?
In any event, if it's not thermoelectric, you'll need to retrofit the unit with fans to evaporate the water that will collect on the evaporator before it ends up in the drain tray. It's not a big deal but it MUST be done.
If it's a thermoelectric, scratch that other stuff.
I use 2 pounds(+) of beads in my 28 bottle Frigidaire beside my desk here. I'm in the process of cutting that way down. I'm making bags that go on the ceiling, held by velcro. I'm gonna hide some more under drawers and get rid of everything that's taking up space in my drawers.
I only use that much because the more you use, the faster the recovery time. It's complete overkill and not necessary, but I have them, so I use a lot. :-)
[Reply]
Stephen 02:12 PM 02-10-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
If you're using a 28 bottle winador, my guess is that it's compressor driven?
I don't know of any 28 bottle thermoelectrics.
My guess is you're getting a Frigidaire at Lowe's?
In any event, if it's not thermoelectric, you'll need to retrofit the unit with fans to evaporate the water that will collect on the evaporator before it ends up in the drain tray. It's not a big deal but it MUST be done.
If it's a thermoelectric, scratch that other stuff.
I use 2 pounds(+) of beads in my 28 bottle Frigidaire beside my desk here. I'm in the process of cutting that way down. I'm making bags that go on the ceiling, held by velcro. I'm gonna hide some more under drawers and get rid of everything that's taking up space in my drawers.
I only use that much because the more you use, the faster the recovery time. It's complete overkill and not necessary, but I have them, so I use a lot. :-)
My Vinotemp is a 28 count and it's a thermoelectric. I couldn't find a larger one than that without going with one that had a compressor. Believe me, I looked.:-)
[Reply]
Ncpsycho 07:13 AM 02-11-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
You don't think He would put up a inaccurate calculator do you,especially one that could sell half the product someone may need?:-) Have faith man and make sure you don't have any leaks.:-)
I was just figuring ive seen other people put a lot more ...... Its a wine enthusiast thermoelectric 28 bottle .... I got it off craigslist for a steal
[Reply]
Up