Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>HELP. I can't get consistency in my Humi.
Hem 12:02 PM 01-29-2012
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0:
If it's a new humi the sticks will soak up the humidity, you need the cedar to become saturated (no wiping down the wood, could warp) gradually with the distiller water, once the cedar is saturated and holding humidity then add sticks, humidity will fall at first because of the sticks but will come back up.

Oh...yea...I knew that....brb
[Reply]
Minus_Blindfold 09:19 AM 01-30-2012
After using the search tool and reading up on some of the help given by people, I am still having some troubles. I'm sure I could have looked more but it is what it is. I live in Iowa, so it is the middle of winter here. I have 65% rh beads and I have about 15 cigars in a glasstop (I know) 50 count humidor. I can't get the rh above 60 or 61. I did a salt test before even seasoning my humidor and it was at 72 so I calibrated it to 75. Then, a week later I did a "towel test" and it was at 98% which is where it was supposed to be. So the hygrometer is fine. Any suggestions? I know this has been answered, but it is a little different for everyone imho.
[Reply]
jluck 09:34 AM 01-30-2012
Originally Posted by Minus_Blindfold:
After using the search tool and reading up on some of the help given by people, I am still having some troubles. I'm sure I could have looked more but it is what it is. I live in Iowa, so it is the middle of winter here. I have 65% rh beads and I have about 15 cigars in a glasstop (I know) 50 count humidor. I can't get the rh above 60 or 61. I did a salt test before even seasoning my humidor and it was at 72 so I calibrated it to 75. Then, a week later I did a "towel test" and it was at 98% which is where it was supposed to be. So the hygrometer is fine. Any suggestions? I know this has been answered, but it is a little different for everyone imho.
How could you know if your first post was less than 24 hours ago? If your hygrometer is calibrated, humidor is properly seasoned and you have 65% RH beads, shut your humidor give it a week to stabilize. In the mean time introduce yourself in the inmate processing area,commit just a bit of effort in the search box,be patient,if your still having a problem post a new thread of in beginners questions instead of hijacking another persons thread.
Sticky threads are your friend.
:-)
[Reply]
Minus_Blindfold 09:50 AM 01-30-2012
Sorry...
[Reply]
jluck 09:59 AM 01-30-2012
Sorry...
Nothing to be sorry about. Just some pointers that will help you alot along the way here. This place is full of great and helpful people but some input and effort from newbies required. standard forum etiquette. (And I'm still a newb too) just trying to give the "in a nut shell" reply.:-)
[Reply]
ApexAZ 05:20 PM 02-01-2012
Did you season your humidor prior to putting the beads and cigars in?
[Reply]
pnoon 05:51 PM 02-01-2012
Be patient. Give it time (week or more) to stabilize.
And if it is still at 60-61, ask yourself "how are the cigars smoking?" If you are happy with the cigars, don't sweat a few percentage points.

[Reply]
Thrak 11:04 AM 02-09-2012
Originally Posted by crazyirishman:
Holy crap.

How the hell did you come up with that, you resourceful bigger?

Are those fairly easy to deform to the shapes you need? Because I could definitely see this being a fix for some of those people like me that have leaky corners on their humidor baffles...
Yeah they're super easy to deform... they're made for little kids ears so they have to be somewhat soft ya know.

[Reply]
smitty81 12:52 PM 02-09-2012
This is what I used to seal my glass up.

http://www.permatex.com/products/Aut...ass_Sealer.htm

low/no odor.

It's slightly more runny then regular silicone so it is able to flow into the crack between the wood and glass to make for a good seal. It's not so runny that it goes everywhere and makes a big mess though.

I ran a small bead around the inside of the humidor and let it sit over night.

The key to making it work and look nice is just cutting a small hole in the nozzle, take your time and try to have a steady hand.

This stuff worked great for me.
[Reply]
jluck 01:42 PM 02-09-2012
Originally Posted by smitty81:
This is what I used to seal my glass up.

http://www.permatex.com/products/Aut...ass_Sealer.htm

low/no odor.

It's slightly more runny then regular silicone so it is able to flow into the crack between the wood and glass to make for a good seal. It's not so runny that it goes everywhere and makes a big mess though.

I ran a small bead around the inside of the humidor and let it sit over night.

The key to making it work and look nice is just cutting a small hole in the nozzle, take your time and try to have a steady hand.

This stuff worked great for me.
I thought I had saw it all in the permatex world but this is a new one! thank ya'
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up