Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Beads attached to lid?
ApexAZ 02:55 PM 12-29-2011
I think the humidifier that came with my new humidor could hold some beads. It already has a mesh screen built in, so I think all I'll have to do is remove the sponge and add beads.

My question is this: Is there any reason NOT to keep your humidification device attached to the inside of the lid? Would it be more advantagous to keep a tube inside with the cigars? I'd rather have the added space, but not if the cigars at the bottom are drying out.

I'm probably overthinking things, as per usual, but just curious what peoples opinions are on the matter :-).

:-)
[Reply]
Volusianator 03:03 PM 12-29-2011
No reason at all, go for it. Hell it's a good idea as it doesn't take up space in your humidor.
[Reply]
chaase321 03:15 PM 12-29-2011
I took the sponge out of my puck humidifier and put beads in it. It hangs on the top of my cooler and no problems yet! I do have other forms of humidification (more beads) other places though. But what you are doing is a great way to re-use the crappy puck they send. Good luck bro!
[Reply]
UpInSmoke 10:36 AM 01-02-2012
i put beads in the the 2 top rectangular humidifiers in my 300ct. only problem is that over time they crumble a little, leaving bead dust on top of my cigars. so i put them in nylon stocking footies. problem solved.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 12:29 PM 01-02-2012
I tossed the humidifier because I think I will get better surface area from a puck designed by HF. The slots in the original were pretty small.

I read elsewhere that I should not place the hygrometer near the beads, so I guess I should not stick it on the lid? Maybe down by the cigars under the tray?

Thank you for your responses!
[Reply]
Volusianator 02:04 PM 01-02-2012
Brian, don't over think it, put the beads in, keep them at 75% moist, 25% dry (much easier to tell if they're not in a nylon) and enjoy your cigars. These sticks we covet are not as fragile and picky as we make them out to be.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 07:41 PM 01-02-2012
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
Brian, don't over think it, put the beads in, keep them at 75% moist, 25% dry (much easier to tell if they're not in a nylon) and enjoy your cigars. These sticks we covet are not as fragile and picky as we make them out to be.
Very true, thank you.
[Reply]
Up