Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Rollin' my own......
Garbandz 11:30 AM 06-14-2013
Just got my first order of leaf yesterday,spent a couple happy hours experimenting on sizes and blends.First couple were somewhat ugly,but they started to look better by the 4th or 5th one.

Rolled a few robusto size,then switched to a lancero vitola,then a couple of corona gordas.

The wrappers I got are Conn. broadleaf and "Fronto"{new to me} and they go on smooth and tight. I got Nic ligero and Nic seco for filler,with a small bag of broadleaf for a change of profile. I chose broadleaf for the binder.I got 4 binders and wrappers from each leaf,a surprise to me. The scrap broadleaf had some nice bits too,some good enough for binders.

I got 3 fillers,one binder, and two wrappers to start,just to be sure I had enough,probably will have some wrapper left. Maybe I will use it to practice on yard gars,for a different profile.

I am waiting for them to dry down a bit so I can try them, and watching videos to improve my finishing technique. I am using pigtails now,they seem to be the easiest to do. I left the feet shaggy,I may trim them later.

The site I used for leaf is LeafOnly.com,I spoke to a gentleman named Rich. He was very helpful,and I will be calling him again for another order.....
[Reply]
big_jaygee 11:34 AM 06-14-2013
sounds interesting Tom and i hope it works out for you. if and when you get a few laying around and want to sell a couple i would be interested.

best of luck and have fun :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 11:34 AM 06-14-2013
Pics would be awesome! BlkDrew went through this process before. If he is still around he would be a great resource to bounce your ideas off of. I haven't seen him in some time though.
[Reply]
Garbandz 11:38 AM 06-14-2013
Originally Posted by big_jaygee:
sounds interesting Tom and i hope it works out for you. if and when you get a few laying around and want to sell a couple i would be interested.

best of luck and have fun :-)
They also offer rolled sticks,check the site.Of course mine will be better......:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
emopunker2004 11:42 AM 06-14-2013
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Pics would be awesome! BlkDrew went through this process before. If he is still around he would be a great resource to bounce your ideas off of. I haven't seen him in some time though.
He logged on a week ago
[Reply]
DaBear 12:32 PM 06-14-2013
I need to get back into rolling. Its been about a year since I last rolled. And this reminds me, I still have a handful of my own tester blends and lonsdales in the humi. May have to see how they've turned out tonight.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 01:39 PM 06-14-2013
If you're not shy, post a few pic's; I'd love to see them.
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:50 PM 06-14-2013
Originally Posted by Garbandz:
Just got my first order of leaf yesterday,spent a couple happy hours experimenting on sizes and blends.First couple were somewhat ugly,but they started to look better by the 4th or 5th one.

Rolled a few robusto size,then switched to a lancero vitola,then a couple of corona gordas.

The wrappers I got are Conn. broadleaf and "Fronto"{new to me} and they go on smooth and tight. I got Nic ligero and Nic seco for filler,with a small bag of broadleaf for a change of profile. I chose broadleaf for the binder.I got 4 binders and wrappers from each leaf,a surprise to me. The scrap broadleaf had some nice bits too,some good enough for binders.

I got 3 fillers,one binder, and two wrappers to start,just to be sure I had enough,probably will have some wrapper left. Maybe I will use it to practice on yard gars,for a different profile.

I am waiting for them to dry down a bit so I can try them, and watching videos to improve my finishing technique. I am using pigtails now,they seem to be the easiest to do. I left the feet shaggy,I may trim them later.

The site I used for leaf is LeafOnly.com,I spoke to a gentleman named Rich. He was very helpful,and I will be calling him again for another order.....
:-)
[Reply]
TJarv 02:22 PM 06-14-2013
Do you just store the leaves in the humidor until you use them?
[Reply]
Sadden 03:04 PM 06-14-2013
[Reply]
Ncpsycho 09:01 PM 06-14-2013
Blkdrews were really good def look his up
[Reply]
Garbandz 09:03 PM 06-14-2013
here you go..........you can see I did not use cigar molds,but rolled them freehand.

storage is in plastic bags they came in........
Attached: hand rolls 001.jpg (118.3 KB) hand rolls 002.jpg (117.5 KB) 
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 05:16 AM 06-15-2013
Not bad for rolling freehand. When you smoke the first one please Tell us about it.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 06:02 AM 06-15-2013
Originally Posted by cjhalbrooks:
Not bad for rolling freehand. When you smoke the first one please Tell us about it.
Seconded
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 06:53 AM 06-15-2013
I'd love to try one of the Lanceros. When you get enough, and wouldn't mind selling them, let me know. They look awesome.
[Reply]
Garbandz 01:17 PM 06-15-2013
update....just had a few minutes today..........the long one is 9 inches...............
Attached: 001.jpg (121.4 KB) 002.jpg (121.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 09:35 AM 06-16-2013
Originally Posted by Garbandz:
update....just had a few minutes today..........the long one is 9 inches...............

What are you going to call the 9" one, a Lonsdale Doble? :-)
[Reply]
Garbandz 03:20 PM 06-16-2013
A "Lancelot"...:-) :-) :-)

todays' batch......another"Lancelot"
Attached: 6-16 16 001.jpg (119.0 KB) 
[Reply]
emopunker2004 03:31 PM 06-16-2013
I like the name of the 9" Tom
[Reply]
big_jaygee 04:09 PM 06-16-2013
They do look interesting :-)

I like the "Lancelot". Add me to the waiting list as well :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up