Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 152 of 270
« First < 52102142150151152 153154162202252 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
Stevez 07:11 AM 03-15-2012
Hey Adam, how long do you smoke the chuck roast and what temp do you shoot for? Never done one of those, but your's looks awesome too. Thanks. Steve
[Reply]
T.G 08:10 AM 03-15-2012
Thanks guys. Like you gator, it's one of my favorites too.

Originally Posted by Stevez:
Hey Adam, how long do you smoke the chuck roast and what temp do you shoot for? Never done one of those, but your's looks awesome too. Thanks. Steve
Steve, they're easy, I do them exactly the same as if I were cooking a pork butt.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 08:25 AM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:
Thanks guys. Like you gator, it's one of my favorites too.

Steve, they're easy, I do them exactly the same as if I were cooking a pork butt.
:-) Me too!!
[Reply]
MrClean 01:19 PM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by Stevez:
That briskett looks awesome Jeff. I haven't smoked one since Christmas and it was an overwhelming success. My new favorite. I do have to say I am now intrigued by the Chuck roast. Never done one, but that too looks incredible. Thanks and let us know how your briskett turned out.
Thanks Steve, it was good, not my best, I think it was the rub I used, wasn't the best one I've used. My mom and in-laws and family loved it, so I won't complain to much.
[Reply]
OLS 02:09 PM 03-23-2012
Tonight I am gonna cook out some lamb chops, chicken legs, chicken wings and beef ribs. I am never going to lose
any weight, I guess.
[Reply]
hammondc 10:20 PM 03-23-2012
(2) 8lb Boston butts right now. hovering at 209*. Need it to stay there +- 1* for an hour before I go to bed.
[Reply]
pektel 08:24 AM 03-24-2012
Last Sunday's smoke was an 8 pound pork loin. Apple and cherry wood smoked. We ate half, drank a ton of booze, and went to sleep. Woke up in the morning to find out my brother's dog somehow got a hold of the other half. I'm still pissed about it lol.

[Reply]
Smokin Gator 08:30 AM 03-24-2012
Just finished prepping nine racks of ribs for today's herf. Also putting on about five lbs of my homemade sausage for snacking.

I'll try to take some pics...
[Reply]
pnoon 08:54 AM 03-24-2012
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Just finished prepping nine racks of ribs for today's herf. Also putting on about five lbs of my homemade sausage for snacking.

If you are willing to share, Brent, please post a recipe or two of your homemade sausage. I have just begun getting into home sausage making and I would love to hear from a veteran.
[Reply]
Steve 09:26 AM 03-24-2012

:-):-)

I can already smell the yum!

I'm going to be cooking for the church in a couple of weeks, and I just recieved some nice venison, so I think some deer sausage may be in order!
[Reply]
pektel 01:52 PM 03-24-2012
Meal for the gf, kids and I tonight. Went on a while ago. A couple small chunks of Texas style beef ribs and a chuck roast:

Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 09:05 PM 03-24-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
If you are willing to share, Brent, please post a recipe or two of your homemade sausage. I have just begun getting into home sausage making and I would love to hear from a veteran.
I really don't have a recipe... that being said what I do is really simple and if tonight is any indication it doesn't suck. (I had a bunch over for a herf tonight and the ate about 5 pounds of sausage like it was candy).

I use pork butts or whole shoulders, natural casings, and Leggs Hot seasoning. Leggs is available at any mom and pop butcher around here, but it is also available online. I use is a little heavier than the recipes calls for because I like my sausage a little spicier.

Once you stuff it, let it sit out a little to sweat. Then smoke it on about 150 heat until it is about 145 internal. Then I seal a meal it and use it whenever I need to. All you have to do is heat is up.

As I said tonight... I hate making sausage, but I sure do like eating it:-)
[Reply]
pnoon 09:14 PM 03-24-2012
I really don't have a recipe... that being said what I do is really simple and if tonight is any indication it doesn't suck. (I had a bunch over for a herf tonight and the ate about 5 pounds of sausage like it was candy).

I use pork butts or whole shoulders, natural casings, and Leggs Hot seasoning. Leggs is available at any mom and pop butcher around here, but it is also available online. I use is a little heavier than the recipes calls for because I like my sausage a little spicier.

Once you stuff it, let it sit out a little to sweat. Then smoke it on about 150 heat until it is about 145 internal. Then I seal a meal it and use it whenever I need to. All you have to do is heat is up.

As I said tonight... I hate making sausage, but I sure do like eating it:-)
Thanks.
:-)
[Reply]
OLS 06:54 AM 03-26-2012
No pics from my weekend smoke out. I need to promise myself not to get the big chicken legs again.
They seem to be a specialty of el supermercado, but they are too big to smoke and enjoy. I'd hate to
see these chickens that give up these legs. The beef ribs were the best I have done, and the wings were
phenomenal. I ran out of heat when I was in the middle of cooking my lamb chops, so I ended up finishing them
in the broiler inside....superb, dredged in olive oil, balsamic vineagar, rosemary, garlic and salt and pepper then
seared on a hot grill. Super sweet and tasty.
[Reply]
T.G 02:12 PM 03-27-2012
For once, the weathermen were right. The break in the rain came through last night as predicted, so I had both smokers fired up. Lox (sockeye) in the cold smoker and home made pastrami in the coal burner.

9 days was too long of a cure on the pastrami, at least for me, came out kind of salty for my tastes, but it doesn't seem to bother some others. I think next time, I'll cut it back to about 4-5 days.
Attached: mar26_SAM_1771.jpg (86.3 KB) mar26_SAM_1773.jpg (56.3 KB) mar26_SAM_1782.jpg (88.0 KB) mar26_SAM_1786.jpg (90.8 KB) mar26_SAM_1789.jpg (80.4 KB) 
[Reply]
cort 08:59 PM 03-27-2012
Looks great, Adam. My poor smoker has been sitting unattended since the move. I think I will fire that bad boy up this weekend. I will either do a butt or a chuckie, just depends on how I feel at Sam's Club on Friday.:-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:08 PM 03-27-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:
I had both smokers fired up. Lox (sockeye) in the cold smoker and home made pastrami in the coal burner...
Looks:-) Adam...

[Reply]
pnoon 06:45 AM 03-28-2012
Time for me to cure and smoke some salmon again this weekend.
[Reply]
jonumberone 07:19 AM 03-28-2012
After stewing for months that I packed my smoker away for a winter that never showed,
I pulled it out of the shed a few weeks ago, ordered 400 lbs of pellets, and prepared to get my BBQ season underway.
Since then, I've been sick 2 weekends, away for 2, and this weekend looks like rain both days. :-)
I guess I'll have to wait for Easter, when I plan on smoking a turkey.
[Reply]
nofeardiver 02:54 PM 03-28-2012
Most recent cook was 5 racks of ribs, i did a raspberry chipotle sauce with my own basic rub...Wife made some roasted potatoes, and my sister law made roasted broccoli which was awesome... everyone was very pleased...

[Reply]
Page 152 of 270
« First < 52102142150151152 153154162202252 > Last »
Up