Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: What shape do you want
Nose Warmer 6 85.71%
"My Design" If you would like it modified its possible just explain in post below 1 14.29%
Other.. Please post what you have in mind 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll
Discussion>CA Pipe 2010
CigarGuy88 09:58 AM 10-24-2010
We have a price thread now lets start a design thread to figure out what you guys want. Unless I get information about designs and such from EVERYONE I can't get anything done. We already have a few votes for a nosewarmer but I havent heard from 90% of the people that posted on the last thread.

Ok so what designs do you want... Here's "my design"
[IMG]Image[/IMG]
[Reply]
CigarGuy88 10:12 AM 10-24-2010
I think once we get a design, such as full smooth, full rusticated, or a blend of both (obviously more expensive) we can have different sizes made, such as a nose warmer, free hand, classic, or whatever. As long as we decide on a basic shape we can build off that.

I realize people would like to spend less than $100 on this but as Tim posted in the original thread that unless we go with a machine made (being boswell isnt taking special orders now) there is almost no way of keeping the price under $100.
My other opinion is that this is a special limited once a year pipe and I believe to get a really nice handmade pipe you need to spend the money...

Its just like if you really want to buy a cigar for a special occasion, lets say a padron 80th but you only wanna spend $20 you either dont buy it or you spend a little more than you wanted and get it anyway. This is the same kind of special occasion, it happens once a year and I think we should consider spending a bit more money for a really nice pipe and if people can't afford it then they don't get it.

End Rant
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 03:27 PM 10-24-2010
I voted nosewarmer, but we can make a nosewarmer out of your design.
[Reply]
CigarGuy88 06:29 PM 10-25-2010
Bump.. there were a lot of responses in the other thread lets get them over here :-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 08:09 PM 10-25-2010
Originally Posted by CigarGuy88:
Bump.. there were a lot of responses in the other thread lets get them over here :-)
Sorry, I "can't get it." If I could blow more than $100 on a pipe, I would want a smooth one. Maybe a half-bent or full-bent billiard. Some of the nosewarmers might be alright.
[Reply]
CigarGuy88 09:43 PM 10-25-2010
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
Sorry, I "can't get it." If I could blow more than $100 on a pipe, I would want a smooth one. Maybe a half-bent or full-bent billiard. Some of the nosewarmers might be alright.
I need more recommendations for places to go that will do a more inexpensive pipe...
Called Boswell and they cannot do anything for us yet and no timetable when they can either :-)
[Reply]
Ranger_B 09:59 PM 10-25-2010
I went ahead and voted. I think we may be off the mark on going to a maker and saying we would like this shape, finish and price. We my have to start with we have this many folks looking for a pipe in this price range what can you come up with. Just my 2 cents. I will ask around the pipe show and see what I can find out there for us. I know for me the fact that it is the CA pipe round two will mean more to me than it being x shape and from y pipe carver.
[Reply]
Up