Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>AJ Fernandez new world oscuro
trogdor 08:00 PM 10-03-2022
Picked up one of these locally. Nice looking cigar, unlit aroma is amazing.
Lit it, and the nose was all burning, can't exhale through the nose at all due to the overwhelming pepper. Kept it going a bit and it tamed down some, can nose some now, but not much nuance besides strength... Turning to woodiness now that initially wasn't great but is starting to open into a touch of creaminess that is decent.
Finished it... Had some notes of nice woodiness, but overall wasn't great. I kept hoping it would improve, and it did a little, but it never got good.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:13 AM 10-04-2022
Kudos for trying, Marc. :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 09:22 AM 10-04-2022
I like the New Worlds, but have not had the Oscuro. Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 10:28 AM 10-04-2022
Thanks for the review! Of the various cigars A.J. makes under his own brand, I've always like the Enclave the best. The real sleeper is the cigar he makes for the Upmann brand. That isn't as peppery.
[Reply]
trogdor 07:46 PM 10-04-2022
A touch of peppery spice can be great, but this was overwhelming.

I've been smoking through some of my old NCs over the years while mowing the lawn, and there have been some really good ones. However, I've been out of the buying NCs game for quite some time. I don't think I really need to (I have plenty to last me at my smoking rate) but trying to find some new good ones is a fun hunt.
[Reply]
Up