< 12 34 > Last »
Good Eats>Pho!
MileHighGolfer 10:21 AM 10-16-2008
pho and boba!!

an after golf ritual when playing Denver's fine municipal course, Willis Case

there is a suprawikket pho house around federal and alameda
[Reply]
Scottw 10:29 AM 10-16-2008
Stuff sounds good. Maybe I'll get some pho dinner. Pho real!
[Reply]
jquirit 11:54 AM 10-17-2008
I love myself some pho! Portland has been seeing a resurgance of trendy pho restaraunts starting up. They recently opened up a Pho Tango about a mile from my workplace and their pho is pretty good. Though the best I've ever had was from an old coworker back in California, she did the broth from scratch. It was remarkable going into the kitchen and smelling the heady scent of the broth being made. Mmmmmm. Now I want pho for lunch!

:-) :-)
[Reply]
MileHighGolfer 11:57 AM 10-17-2008
there is some pho phenomenon going on right now..

all day today > pho talk on another board i frequent also....
[Reply]
SmokinApe 04:48 PM 10-17-2008
SmokinApe = Pho lover :-)
[Reply]
cricky101 04:51 PM 10-17-2008
Pho for lunch today. MMMMmmmm!
[Reply]
Diesel Kinevel 03:10 PM 10-18-2008
I love Pho and this thread makes me want to drive down to rockville and get a bowl...
[Reply]
j6ppc 08:37 AM 10-22-2008
I generally have pho twice a week or so. Good stuff. Nothing better on a Saturday morning.
Bún bò Huế is also quite tasty.
[Reply]
Mugen910 10:06 AM 10-22-2008
Originally Posted by j6ppc:
I generally have pho twice a week or so. Good stuff. Nothing better on a Saturday morning.
Bún bò Huế is also quite tasty.

It's even better without the pig blood :-) :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 10:43 AM 10-22-2008
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Can someone explain what pho is?
Pho Q:-)
Just kidding! (feel free to slap me.)
[Reply]
poker 10:48 AM 10-22-2008
There is no Pho here in Newbury Park CA. :-)
That sux rocks.
[Reply]
earnold25 10:58 AM 10-22-2008
I get PHO just about once a week. There's two good places near my work that I know of. Why do all PHO places have a random number in their name?
[Reply]
MithShrike 12:35 PM 10-22-2008
Originally Posted by bigloo:
Start slow, stick to the Pho Tai basically a fragrent beef broth with rice noodles and slices of steak (usuall round steak). You can also sometimes get flank (or better yet fatty flank) and combos. Stay away from tendon, meatballs, tripe unless you otherwise like that. Add the fresh herbs, squeeze of lime that come with it, some chilli sauce and enjoy. In the BA your options food GOOD pho are limitless man. Get out and eat some!
Heh I remember when I first got pho. I ordered the special. Which had brisket, tripe, tendon, and fish meatball. I ate it with gusto.

All the AZ guys, the best pho in the Phoenix area is at Phu Than in Mesa off of Southern and Extension. If you do give it a try, be sure to stop by Habanos Torres for a cigar.
[Reply]
Zipper 12:45 PM 10-22-2008
Just had my first Pho experience the other day due in large part to this thread. I had steak and meatballs.

It was delicious! I kept trying different combos of sprouts, herbs, peppers, noodles and sauces. Can anyone tell me what the dark brown sauce was? It had kind of a smoky, bbq like taste.

I'm now a Pho-fan!
[Reply]
earnold25 12:46 PM 10-22-2008
sounds to me like houssin sauce. good stuff!
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 12:50 PM 10-22-2008
Originally Posted by Stog-a-Boy:
How could we forget it!

Gonna get some on friday :-) :-)
O boy, your a prick! lol
im heading to Spring Mountain now because of that comment ( vegas china town)
Getting me some Vietnamese Sandwiches and some PHO!!!!!!!!! :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 12:59 PM 10-22-2008
Originally Posted by earnold25:
I get PHO just about once a week. There's two good places near my work that I know of. Why do all PHO places have a random number in their name?
Usually it represents the year they came over..
[Reply]
j6ppc 01:30 PM 10-22-2008
Originally Posted by poker:
That sux rocks.
Come down my way for a visit Kelly - I'm sure we could make a little excursion to Little Saigon
[Reply]
Stog-a-Boy 02:42 PM 10-22-2008
I wish Friday was here so I can go get some!
[Reply]
jquirit 02:44 PM 10-22-2008
Originally Posted by poker:
That sux rocks.
What the PHO?! Dammit, I've always wanted to say that. :-)

Why not go to Chatsworth or Woodland Hills? There's quite a few out there, especially if you head toward Chatsworth and more toward the small pockets of Vietnamese restaurants like around Balboa and Nordhoff (IIRC, it has been 3 years since I've been there).

Originally Posted by Guitarman-S.T-:
... Getting me some Vietnamese Sandwiches ...
Now that's a whole 'nother topic we'd need to cover. Love those sandwiches, especially with fresh sliced jalepenos in it!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 34 > Last »
Up