Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 15
« First < 567 89 > Last »
General Discussion>any cyclists/roadies?
big pete 01:30 AM 08-25-2013
I need to dust off my Caad 9 and start riding again. Had my second knee surgery on my left knee 5 months ago and have to find another source of exercise since my doc said I should give up basketball
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:54 PM 08-25-2013
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Close enough for now. I drop the saddle a good bit as it was way high. After a few months, I may go have it fitted at a shop.
With a dropped saddle height, that bike looks like it'll be more comfortable. Read up on bike geometry and general guidelines for fit. Get the set back of the saddle and saddle height is the most important. From there, it's basically how far out should the handlebars be and how low can they go where you are still stable. Unless you are super skinny and flexible, the drop won't be much.
[Reply]
hammondc 04:57 PM 08-25-2013
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
With a dropped saddle height, that bike looks like it'll be more comfortable. Read up on bike geometry and general guidelines for fit. Get the set back of the saddle and saddle height is the most important. From there, it's basically how far out should the handlebars be and how low can they go where you are still stable. Unless you are super skinny and flexible, the drop won't be much.
Yeah...it is pretty comfortable right now. I can tell you after today that 35mph is a HELLUVA lot faster on a bike than in a car.
[Reply]
E.J. 08:24 AM 08-26-2013
Jeff, did you and your wife end up doing that ride? How'd it go?

Congrats on the new ride, Chip!

I've posted this photo elsewhere, but it's after some miles around the Park City area this Summer. The wife and I stopped for a recovery beverage(or 2) before finishing off the last few miles.

Bikes back in the racks, waiting for a short ride home...

Seems like I have not put the miles in this year.... Guess I have 2 more good weather months to ride...
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 08:26 AM 08-26-2013
Just had a good friend of mine finish his second Bike the US for MS ride. I wish I had the opportunity to do that ride. First, it's for a great cause, and secondly, to see the US by bike would be awesome.
[Reply]
Malakai 02:56 PM 08-26-2013
Been too long since I went out for a ride. Dusted my Giant off last night and got her ready for a ride this afternoon. Will post a pic if I remember when I get out of work before my ride. Can't wait to get back out on the road.
[Reply]
RWhisenand 10:53 AM 09-07-2013
My wife decided to go with the Campangolo. We just opened the first box of components she ordered yesterday, the stuff looks amazing! The quality and craftsmanship is jaw dropping. I'm tring to talk her into some macro shots before we start putting on the components.
[Reply]
gnbikes 09:26 PM 09-07-2013
Originally Posted by RWhisenand:
My wife decided to go with the Campangolo. We just opened the first box of components she ordered yesterday, the stuff looks amazing! The quality and craftsmanship is jaw dropping. I'm tring to talk her into some macro shots before we start putting on the components.
I just got an 80th aniversary group and wheel set. Beautiful doesn't come close. I have not decided what frame to put it on yet...
Garry N
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:18 AM 09-08-2013
Originally Posted by gnbikes:
I just got an 80th aniversary group and wheel set. Beautiful doesn't come close. I have not decided what frame to put it on yet...
Garry N
Wow, I'd put on a DeRosa, Pegoretti, Casati, or Cinelli... What are rims for the grouppo? Something Italian that is actually made in Italy.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:21 AM 09-08-2013
Which grouppo did she buy? Good for her and welcome to the Campy family.
[Reply]
RWhisenand 11:49 AM 09-08-2013
Which grouppo did she buy? Good for her and welcome to the Campy family.
Chorus. Still pretty new at this game, but so far a fun project.

Edit, here is a shot of the rear derailure box.
[Reply]
gnbikes 02:34 PM 09-08-2013
Wow, I'd put on a DeRosa, Pegoretti, Casati, or Cinelli... What are rims for the grouppo? Something Italian that is actually made in Italy.
Leaning heavily towards a Raleigh Revineo frame. I work for Raleigh America, so it seems like the right thing to do. My stable is full of Italian steel and several steel customs. All equipped with Campagnolo of some kind or other. So added some carbon fiber to the diet is in order.
The wheels for the 80th group are either all carbon Bora or the same with an aluminum brake track. I got the later.
G-
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:26 PM 09-08-2013
Originally Posted by gnbikes:
Leaning heavily towards a Raleigh Revineo frame. I work for Raleigh America, so it seems like the right thing to do. My stable is full of Italian steel and several steel customs. All equipped with Campagnolo of some kind or other. So added some carbon fiber to the diet is in order.
The wheels for the 80th group are either all carbon Bora or the same with an aluminum brake track. I got the later.
G-
Oh, wow, you work for Raleigh! How cool. How about a Raleigh done up in the red-yellow-black like in the early 80's like Roy Knickman and had? Not done in 753 Reynolds, but done in a lugged carbon bonded style. Same old decals, but modern construction.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:29 PM 09-08-2013
Chorus. Still pretty new at this game, but so far a fun project.

Edit, here is a shot of the rear derailure box.
Wow, she's going first class! Chorus is great stuff and she'll get a decade plus out of no problem. Is she getting Campy wheels? I love them; very strong and reliable. I am 200 lbs and I haven't really ever had to true my Sirocco's and Zonda G3 2-Way's seem just as strong. I am digging tubeless tires.
[Reply]
RWhisenand 08:41 PM 09-08-2013
Wow, she's going first class! Chorus is great stuff and she'll get a decade plus out of no problem. Is she getting Campy wheels? I love them; very strong and reliable. I am 200 lbs and I haven't really ever had to true my Sirocco's and Zonda G3 2-Way's seem just as strong. I am digging tubeless tires.
Thanks for the vote of confidence on the component group, we don't know that much about road bikes, she decided that she would learn about them by building one! I'm not sure if she has picked out a wheel set yet, I'll share your suggestion with her though.
[Reply]
hammondc 08:12 AM 03-07-2014
Woooooo!!!! Starting to get warm. Who's ready to roll? I got in a fast 18 miles last weekend.

Any projects at hand? I am kinda looking for a decent condition Bridgestone RB-1 to refurb/upfit for a project.

Also going to rechain my bike this weekend.
[Reply]
E.J. 09:40 AM 03-07-2014
I keep thinking about it, Chip....but have not pulled a bike off the wall yet.... Sunday is supposed to be in the 60's, so that may be the day...
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:58 PM 03-07-2014
I went out last weekend (high 30's temp) and was pathetic. Tons of potholes and bike is covered in salt. Plan on going tomorrow.

The tubeless Campy wheels are rocking and I tried going low on the pressure knowing the roads were crappy.

A new pair of Assos bib-shorts and maybe a new jersey is all that's on my bike purchase list this season.
[Reply]
hammondc 09:41 AM 04-11-2014
Got in 24miles yesterday. Longest ride yet. Absolutely gorgeous weather. Could not have been better.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:57 AM 04-12-2014
Had to replace my front tubeless tire the other day. Put on a Maxxis Pardrone; the compound is like an F1 tire and is a narrow 23 mm... Bike shop picked out the tire.

First shorts ride was earlier this week. Felt nice not wearing bib-tights for once!
[Reply]
Page 7 of 15
« First < 567 89 > Last »
Up